ForumsWEPRNewspaper Idea.

138 14746
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

I was thinking of making a newspaper to cover all topics of world events and what not but i'll need people to help me cover each topic i'll post them and i'll need people to help so anyone interested post here or on my profile.

I'll need 1 or 2 per topic.
1.U.S-
2.World-
3.Politics-
4.Health-
5.Entertainment-
6.Tech-(Idk about this one)
7.Travel-
8.Sports-
9.Crime-
10.Science-

I will cover what ever topic noone takes.

• 138 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Do we copy paste or right it in our own words?

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

I would say use an article from a news site for reference, then summarize it in your own words. Make sure you post the link to the original article though.
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

W.e you want.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

What did you guys think of my time table idea?

I think it'd be alright..but it'd have to be streamlined
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I believe we c/p. I would ask brett on that one.

If you combine threads, they become off topic.

No they don't. A vague topic is much harder to go off topic. Also, only the writers are allowed to post stories, while people comment on them

Green, you timetable idea is great. It's the way around half of Flites objections.
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

Copying and pasting is plagerism. You may copy and paste particular references, but no more than a paragraph. You must also use the quote tool.

Quote only a sentence to a paragraph. Preferably only a sentence. You must list your sources.

I know I am not in charge, but if you want to be profesional, then that's the way to do it. Also, plagerism is illegal, let's keep that off the newspaper.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

It's not exactly plagiarism if we don't say it's ours. It's not ours, and we are not saying it's ours. Also, we already have the source rule in place.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

I know I am not in charge, but if you want to be profesional, then that's the way to do it. Also, plagerism is illegal, let's keep that off the newspaper.

I though that too
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Flite will your just using every excuse just to get your posts up now plz stop arguing in the topic i'm trying to sort this out, and if you can read most of us are making are own news.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Flite will your just using every excuse just to get your posts up now plz stop arguing in the topic

He does have valid arguments, it's just that it would be hard to get around the things he has a problem with.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I'm in charge of crime, brett said.

Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

He does have valid arguments, it's just that it would be hard to get around the things he has a problem with.

All the more reason to tackle these problems. Not ignore them. If I was trying to burn down this idea for the heck of it, I would not have stated my own suggestions.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Guys, I was just reading the last 4-5 pages of this, and aside from a huge argument where no one seems to know what you're gonna do, there was nothing.

This is bad. For you, for this idea.

Can someone please explain what your plan is? Please don't post any further to your arguments before this is resolved. What do you want to do? How do you want to run this? Is there a plan or have you all confused each other way too much?

bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Ok guy's I gave zophia permission to lock this part me and my 3 other helpers know what we are doing.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Well, hopefully we are going to bring news from all the different news sites to AG, seeing as most people who even read the news get it from only one or two sources. If we bring news from everywhere then we can spread news of all sorts to AG.

We plan (so far anyway) to have several different users find stories and either write them in their own words (preferable, although extremely impractical) or c/p it, crediting their source with 100% of it. Hopefully running on greens timetable and my multi-thread idea, covering the different topics.

Showing 121-135 of 138