ForumsThe Tavern[necro] Marijuana

134 57386
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

Many people are against marijuana. Others support it. Everyone has their reasons, pro and anti, and many times fact and fiction is greatly mixed. Truths are often twisted and exagerated.

The consumption of weed is illegal. Do not state if you do or do not smoke weed or if you ever have smoked weed. Instead, share your veiws on it. Do you think that people have been misinformed about marijuana? Do you think that pot smokers are the downfall of the country? Why do you think what you think and what do you have to back up your information?

• 134 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Upon request from the thread creator and because we have a "don't do it" policy about users stating they engage in illegal activities (such as pirating or doing drugs), I'll be deleting the posts in which users admit to doing so.
Sorry guys, just keeping you out of trouble. Even though it's the internet, trouble can still happen.

Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

A few things I need to clear up.

Do not mention if you smoke weed or not. Do not talk about times when you were high. If you want to talk about times you were high, pretend it was someone else. I don't care if you are a proud pot smoker or not. It is illegal and should not be confessed to on a PG13 website. Otherwise, I would not care, but let's keep everyone out of trouble here.

Second, stop with the short convos. I hould not see the ernie, frylock, ernie, frylock, ernie pattern unless they are contributing a well written post. Seriously, don't hold short convos on the forums. It isn't against the rules, but it's annoying as hell. Sum everything into a single thread or take the convo to their profile.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Taking drugs is wrong... o.o

How is it wrong? I'd say that it's stupid and people shouldn't do it, but it's not really wrong.

I'll be deleting the posts in which users admit to doing so.

Wow, who would admit that they do stuff like that on a public forum. You never know who might see it.
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

I think that the punishment for having it should go up.

Whats the point of that? Harder drugs (i.e. heroin, cocain, meth) are physically addicting, and they can really screw a person up. I think that the punishment for dealing/doing harder drugs should go up.

Marijuana on the other hand is not addictive, and has no negative side affects after taking it, whats the point of raising the punishment for a drug that doesn't do anything?

Yeah,they should give pot dealers double the amount of jail time,and let them keep their money,so they can tax them even when they're serving jail time.

Whats the point of taxing drug dealers if you could just legalize marijuana and tax everyone who buys it. The government would get so much more money that way.
awesomeadam
awesomeadam
3 posts
Nomad

harder punishment is not really needed. weed might not do severe physical harm to one but the effects it has on your career (assuming we all cant be rock stars or artist) can really mess a person up.

jbgarza2010
jbgarza2010
532 posts
Nomad

Weed is so .....yuck. My cousins do it and all and I almost started doing it. I personally want to end it. It changes people's lives and it's just not plain good.

Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

Unless you go to work high, weed shouldn't effect your career. The only reason why weed could effectt your career is because it's illelgal.

Weed also does change people's lives in general. It changes people's lives just like video games and the internet. It changes people's lives like anything that you do.

Everything effects your life. And though weed may effect your life, it does not necisarily effect it in a negative way. If weed was not illegal, people wouldn't think it to be so bad. If weed was legal, even people who are against marijuana wouldn't think it as bad as what people think today! People are against alcohol because people choose to get drunk and drive around, but drinking in general is accepted. Even smoking tobacco, which is worse than weed, is more accepted than it should be.

DiGiorno
DiGiorno
489 posts
Nomad

marijuana is retarded. why would u smoke it. omg 4/20!.. no. never. dont smoke it man. i have never and will never.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Unless you go to work high, weed shouldn't effect your career. The only reason why weed could effectt your career is because it's illelgal.

Well you could call your boss while your high and say stuff. That could ruin your career.
jbgarza2010
jbgarza2010
532 posts
Nomad

Well you could call your boss while your high and say stuff. That could ruin your career.

LMAO.....Weed affects you mentally and that changes your entire life! It makes you braindead.
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

LMAO.....Weed affects you mentally and that changes your entire life! It makes you braindead.

Yes but only for a couple of hours, maybe not even that long. If you do it only once it shouldn't ruin your career.
jbgarza2010
jbgarza2010
532 posts
Nomad

Yea that's true. Once you get hooked on it then yea. It basically ends your life enableing you from not enjoying it.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

it does not necisarily effect it in a negative way.

it's not as strong as cocaine but is stronger than caffine at letting your little 'happy' hormones out. after the 'happy' hormones are gone you would experience a slight depression over not having as many as you should. it's better to not know the experience because if you did then you would crave it... like the Lotus Eaters in The Oddysey

alcohol is worse, cigarettes are worse and more addicting, but that doesn't justify pot.
jbgarza2010
jbgarza2010
532 posts
Nomad

Yea, when I was in depression I started doing Cigs, but I quit. =D

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Yea, when I was in depression I started doing Cigs, but I quit. =D

Good. My grandmother died from cigarettes. Don't want that to happen.
Showing 76-90 of 134