ForumsWEPRAmerican Obesity

329 49126
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

What do you think about the problem of obesity in America? For me, I think it is so messed up how people keep eating and eating and eating without any form of exercise. I really don't like it when obese people say they want to diet, but then go to McDonalds and order a Large BigMac meal and a diet coke because they are on a diet . . .It just aggravates me how they feel like victims, when in fact they are the ones hurting themselves.

• 329 Replies
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

I know a great way to boost the economy. Instead of buying forever stamps,everyone should pay 45 cents on their postage (2 cents over the required amount). If everyone did it on every envelope,the economy would boost slightly. Problem is,everyone is a bunch of cheapsters!

donpiet
donpiet
755 posts
Peasant

I know a great way to boost the economy. Instead of buying forever stamps,everyone should pay 45 cents on their postage (2 cents over the required amount). If everyone did it on every envelope,the economy would boost slightly. Problem is,everyone is a bunch of cheapsters!

i really dont see how this would work
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Yeah me either.If it did work it wouldnt boost the economy at all

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Instead of buying forever stamps,everyone should pay 45 cents on their postage (2 cents over the required amount). If everyone did it on every envelope,the economy would boost slightly. Problem is,everyone is a bunch of cheapsters!

Or USPS could raise the price of stamps, which they keep doing and it's not helping.
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

So lets get back to the obese americans.So I think that we should stop making fatty foods and try to make them healty.

hatswa
hatswa
77 posts
Nomad

So lets get back to the obese americans.So I think that we should stop making fatty foods and try to make them healty

Problem is fatty foods taste good and if you sell food your a company and no company wants to lose money by selling nonfatty foods that do sell better.
SportsChamp
SportsChamp
434 posts
Nomad

So lets get back to the obese americans.So I think that we should stop making fatty foods and try to make them healty.

Well if every single thing was healthy, we would all look like sticks.
xDethklokx
xDethklokx
61 posts
Nomad

Lol the only reason Americans are so fat is because we're lazy. I'm one of the few that exercises a couple times a week instead of sitting on my bum and eating Doritos. Every time I go to the doctor he says I should gain a few pounds; trying to build more muscle mass atm :P

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

I wonder if a person can be all muscle and no fat . . .

donpiet
donpiet
755 posts
Peasant

I wonder if a person can be all muscle and no fat . . .

well theoretically yes. but then you would have to eat constantly, because you would have no energy storage, and sitting, typing and any sort of activity would be extremely painful.

and you would probably die quickly. i know of some athletes which have about 3% bodyfat. but only during competition, it is almost impossible to reach that level and keep it.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

So I think that we should stop making fatty foods and try to make them healty.

NO! NEVER!

I rarely type in all caps, or caps at all for that matter. so if I put my caps lock button on, you know you've just said something bad.
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

The problem is there is too much unhealthy food available. I'm a freshman in college, and for the first week of classes, I was eating food from the cafeteria. BAD plan. Everything in there is packed with fat and calories, there isn't enough healthy choices either. I started bringing my own food, which saved me the calories and quite a bit of money as well.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

I love fast food but you are right, there are too many available bad foods . . .

LightingBlade
LightingBlade
69 posts
Nomad

McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds.

Go to ANY fast food, even RESTAURANTS. You WILL Gain Weight!

And I'm not posting a long one, its a simple thing.
_
With the advancement of technology in our lives humans receive more free time -- Technological advances in entertainment/work have greatly reduced our time for activity, and therefore our liking for it.

Healthy choices are tough to come by, I go for fatty salads and fruits. Fatty Salads sounds like a bad idea, but if its got the good stuff in it and you add a pound of mayo that you KNOW you can get rid of, your healthier than the average american.
Fruits = Tasty AND Good, People just don't take the time to see their beauty
And Moving is a great thing, I sort of have a Fat-Hate thing stuck to me. I won't hate you if your fat, but I'll always remember you with "fat" stuck on top.

The Availability is one thing, but then again, Veggies are one of the most available products in the world.

I'm a healthy person, thank god. I have fast food ocassionaly, and I'm picky on what I eat thats fast food (Not about calories picky, just taste). I understand that I live in the 21st century and that if I'm going to chow down on McD's I'm chowing down good. One burger will never kill you.

But as a basic example, the cookies at my school have a shine to them. They're .25 Cents each, Gigantic, Chocolate Chips and each person has a 4 Cookie Maximum (Which is crazy because if we all ate 4 of those daily we'd be fat)

I live in Houston, TX. One of the fattest cities in the world. Believe me, Its freaki.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I believe taht American Obesity should not be addressed by the government until a larger portion of hte nation is deemed Obese. A large portion of our population is deemed "overweight", you're deemed "overweight" if you're some kind of body builder at only 5' 2! I'm 6'0, 14 years old, and weight a good 152 pounds. I'm part of the Wrestling and Football teams at my High School, and I was a real chubster back in 4th grade. I learned over the course of five years that only YOU can decide when to lose weight. Some people are just lazy, like Bandies. (Marching Band)

Showing 226-240 of 329