ForumsWEPRAmerican Obesity

329 49080
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

What do you think about the problem of obesity in America? For me, I think it is so messed up how people keep eating and eating and eating without any form of exercise. I really don't like it when obese people say they want to diet, but then go to McDonalds and order a Large BigMac meal and a diet coke because they are on a diet . . .It just aggravates me how they feel like victims, when in fact they are the ones hurting themselves.

• 329 Replies
gregzilla824
gregzilla824
49 posts
Nomad

wow if this overwieght no health care thing goes through bad things will happen...

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

In the words of a wise AGer that came before me just make the doors on fast food restaurants smaller and get rid of drive thru's. They can't fit in the door and they can no longer stay in their car..or you could put treadmills on the sidewalks in front of mcdonalds...

Susshoumaru1
Susshoumaru1
105 posts
Nomad

I'm not obese but I'm no anorexic... Its not so much that its unhealthy, just people don't see fat movie stars or anything.. so they think you have to be skinny... when you /need/ fat... if it gets cold in the winter you're going to freeze while the fat kids survive...

Susshoumaru1
Susshoumaru1
105 posts
Nomad

There's solid evidence that fast food industry has caused lots of obesity.

I could argue that it's not the corporations fault, but the individual's for choosing to eat the food. I choose not to eat McDonalds and fast food frequently, so stay healthier. If McDonalds didn't exist, I couldn't credit my success to the lack of McDonalds, though. One's health is determined by multiple factors, not just how much fast food they consume.

Epic Agreement with the whole "Its the person's fault for eating it"
chibilin
chibilin
131 posts
Nomad

The only true thing is that YOU NEED FAT. You may think im kinda crazy by saying that but no no no! Its usefull it keeps you warm and its a reserve of energy if anything happened. The problem is that there are 2 types of people.
1- the ones who dont car about they weight and keep eating without excercising
2- the ones that think fat shouldnt exst and its bad.
The first ones should eat more viramins and minerals and proteins so that they are healthy even though they are chubby, if you start seeing you stomach is big you shoudl try to do excersise, even though try not to eat so much fat,but still eat.
ANd the second ones that think fat & calories are bad, I got news for you,. you NEED that.If you dont eat you wont get calories which allow you to move & do your daily things, but if you dont eat your body will start to use the proteins in your muscles so that will amke you feel worse.
The real problem is that food companies want to get buyers and they say that those things are bad

SSWaffen
SSWaffen
80 posts
Nomad

I don't really understand why people can be so fat McDonalds, Wendies ect... Is over-priced and doesn't even taste that good.

Anyway's I think it's the governments part mainly (not entirely) because they don't try HARD enough to make new healthier better tasting restaurants.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

fat people are cool.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Canada just banned trans fats in restaurants.

The ban doesn't apply to packaged foods though.

But we will get there soon enough

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'm chubby, but I eat healthy, exercise a lot, etc.

I just have a turtle's metabolism. I'm in extremely good health besides an extra 15 pounds or so on mah tummeh D:

And my asthma and totally screwed-sideways ankles. Yeah,
I'm not good at running D:

But there are a few kids in my school that are just morbidly obese. Urgh . . . .

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Anyway's I think it's the governments part mainly (not entirely) because they don't try HARD enough to make new healthier better tasting restaurants.

Because we really want the government to control what we eat for food...

Thank God the American government doesn't force people to go to fat hospitals like in China.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

Canada just banned trans fats in restaurants.

makes me proud to be an american.
SSWaffen
SSWaffen
80 posts
Nomad

Because we really want the government to control what we eat for food...

To a degree in restaurants I personaly do.

Thank God the American government doesn't force people to go to fat hospitals like in China.

Depending what they do in the fat hospitals in China I think it's good if they just make their patients exercise more, give morale speeches, and watch the calories they put in the foods in the hospitals.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

the fat people in america should move to ethiopia, just to even things out a little.

chibilin
chibilin
131 posts
Nomad

whatever, the thing is that you msut excersise, fat or not, if you dont youll have health problems

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

whatever, the thing is that you msut excersise, fat or not, if you dont youll have health problems

now that right there is a stereotype.
Showing 256-270 of 329