ForumsWEPRAmerican Obesity

329 49125
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

What do you think about the problem of obesity in America? For me, I think it is so messed up how people keep eating and eating and eating without any form of exercise. I really don't like it when obese people say they want to diet, but then go to McDonalds and order a Large BigMac meal and a diet coke because they are on a diet . . .It just aggravates me how they feel like victims, when in fact they are the ones hurting themselves.

• 329 Replies
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Living in the 3rd fattest state (last time i checked) makes it to the point that i have a heard time getting from point a to point b XD but honestly we are pretty hard hit here from all the "Good ol' southern cookin" which honestly is so unhealthy i hesitate to eat it, most of the people here who are fat (and there are alot of them) dont care or just act jealous of the fit people (quote that i hear alot: "How did you get so skinny?! i wish i could do that!" while they are eating as they are saying that)

MusicianAzn
MusicianAzn
32 posts
Nomad

lol kind of depends on the state but obesity is a problem mostly cause little fat kids are using all their brat money to buy the food geez parents if you don't want your kids to get fat dont give in the temper tantrums remember the labour you had to go thru and you don't really need any crap from them

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

To the idiot on page 1 discussing the generics of NYC, you're affirming my stereotypes of Utah. The reason a lot of New Yorkers eat McDs is because a lot of people don't have money and you can get a whole days worth of calories for 8 dollars. Contrary to popular belief, not every New York kid owns a gun.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

supposedly there are 10 million fat kids in america alone today... could you imagine if they all jumped up and down at the same time?? They might just lose some weight...

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

could you imagine if they all jumped up and down at the same time?? They might just lose some weight...

Or knock the Earth's rotation a few degrees off of its axis.

I may or may not have said this before, but I'm tired of people blaming their weight issues on the fast food itself. Fast food is okay in moderation, and unless you have some kind of glandular disorder or an abnormally low metabolism, you have to take your own overeating into account. Binging on fast food every day and blaming it on the restaurant is just... not responsible.
Pau11Wa11
Pau11Wa11
527 posts
Nomad

yeah its not fast foods fall. its not like Mcdonalds shoves food down peoples throats and forced them to eat. its the peoples responsability to chose what they eat and how much they eat. its dumb how people, can just keep eating as they watch themselves grow. its ridiculous

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Some people say there is a skinny person inside every fat person waiting to get out. But I say there is a fat person outside every skinny person waiting to get in.

Tetraxus
Tetraxus
15 posts
Nomad

I would blame much of this obesity on the fast food industry.

There's solid evidence that fast food industry has caused lots of obesity. Not only that, but the industry made a significant contribution to American culture.

xxsneaky
xxsneaky
105 posts
Nomad

A lot of snack companys made this happen such as Pringles Chips Ahoy and some others I wouldnt blame fast food because mcdonalds is awesome

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

There's solid evidence that fast food industry has caused lots of obesity.

I could argue that it's not the corporations fault, but the individual's for choosing to eat the food. I choose not to eat McDonalds and fast food frequently, so stay healthier. If McDonalds didn't exist, I couldn't credit my success to the lack of McDonalds, though. One's health is determined by multiple factors, not just how much fast food they consume.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Obesity isn't necessarily a bad thing for everyone. People like John Goodman, Chris Farley, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Mo'nique, and Roseanne would have never made any money if they were thin.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Intresting how everithing that is very tasty is not good for you. except pizza.

There's solid evidence that fast food industry has caused lots of obesity. Not only that, but the industry made a significant contribution to American culture.

right. Go for a hike on difficult terrain for 5 hours once a week. That and no fast-food on the way back. Only slow food.

Also I find that missing lunch works. I weigh a lot for my age, but also i'm one of the heighest in my class. Compare to height and not to age.

CHEESBURGER HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

It is not a bad thing, everyone has habits and problems: a few of the people on this thread probably spend far too much time on the internet, this is just one example of an unhealthy habit, nearly everyone owns a bad habit.

Also you should not stereotype America. Every Western country has quite a high obesity percentage, even Britain. A lot of people are getting worried over here in the United Kingdom because they feel Britain's wait is increasing far too much. However, this is not to say Western countries are the only ones affected by extreme obesity. Every country on the face of the planet owns an increasing percentage of obesity, and all countries are getting a bit dismayed by the sky-rocketing figure.

People are worried like you say, they realise their problem, but once you get a habit, or addiction, a craving, or a desperate want, it is hard to muster the willpower to end it. Sadly, we are finding that out.

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

A lot of people are getting worried over here in the United Kingdom because they feel Britain's wait is increasing far too much.

I meant: 'A lot of people are getting worried over here in the United Kingdom because they feel Britain;s weight is increasing far too much.
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Every country on the face of the planet owns an increasing percentage of obesity

Ethiopia. Do you REALLY think they have increasing obesity? If they did they would eat the fat people because they are so hungry thus solving the problem.
Showing 241-255 of 329