ForumsThe TavernEver died in a dream?

348 56776
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Last night I had a few interesting dreams. The first I don't remember. The second I was staying at a hotel, and then I went to some place where you would leave your body temporarily and go into a movie of some sort.

The third was interesting though. I was standing underneath something in the city watching a plane fly in circles above me. It was white, and resembled a Boeing 747. It looked a bit different than the current model, so I'm guessing the dream was set in the future a bit. Anyway, while it was circling I had a feeling that it would crash , but kept hoping it would just fly away. After a bit of circle the plane then started to land about approximately 350 yards away. It wasn't landing a normal way however, but vertically. Resembling a space shuttle attacked to the rockets before take off. Of course a 747 isn't meant to do that, so it blew up.

Now, this is the interesting part. I've been near explosions before in dreams (had one with a city being nuked, another where a plane blew up about 100 feet away) and never died. This time though, I experienced a second or so of pain (only in the dream) as the explosion hit, and the dream changed scenes.

Alright, so now I'll get to what I want to discuss. Have you ever died in a dream? And if so, how'd it happen? Did you have a second or so of pain (accompanied with random colors) or what happened? I'm just curious.

• 348 Replies
Nesaire
Nesaire
23 posts
Nomad

I always seem to get cancer in my dreams...Or, the floor will simply disappear and I fall into a dark hole.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

yeah twice, once in a volcano and once in a car crash

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Quite a few times. Usually from falling. Once I survived by my own will. In the dream I was jumping off of my 1-story garage for some reason and while in the air, it started to go black, like the fall would kill me. So I told my own brain "you gotta be kidding me! No way I'd die from that!" and I survived, got up without a scratch.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Sometimes when i when I lying in the bed with closed eyes I shudder suddenly like I'm stumbled and fall out of bed.

Hypnagogic Jerk. I get that sometimes too.
MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Sometimes when i when I lying in the bed with closed eyes I shudder suddenly like I'm stumbled and fall out of bed.

Hypnagogic Jerk. I get that sometimes too.

I get that a lot as well.
[colour=red]and it feels weird.[/colour]
awesomenessperson7
awesomenessperson7
149 posts
Nomad

I fell off a cliff in a dream and right as I was falling I woke up. Also in a dream I was spanked for being bad (lol) and I felt it in real life.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Well I never die in a dream. When I die I wake up

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

I once went to a really tall building looked down then I jumped, just before impact I woke up with a feeling of actually falling from a building. It was a very weird feeling.

SparklingKnight
SparklingKnight
72 posts
Nomad

Yes I have died in a dream. I had a dream I was murdered by my sisters. Sadly I never woke up during the impact. It was the scariest dream I eva had

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

i had a really scary dream with flys around my house it was terrifing

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I had a dream where yeahdudes posted on a necro thread. Wait, that was real.

Poobaloofa
Poobaloofa
111 posts
Jester

one time i dreamed that i was in a mad scientist's lab and he electrified me and i was writhing around and when i woke up i was having a seizure

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

Once I was laying down looking up at the stalactites and one fell and was about to crush me when I was woken up in a sweating fit.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

yes many times... its horibble. i remember one when i fell to those running animals from the lion king movie and one where a vampire bit me. in both of them i just woke up breathing heavily while feeling pain.

i got hit by the avada adavra curse twice already in 2 different dreams and that was so weird... my body just floated slowly to the floor and i couldnt move or breath. but i was still there... it felt as if im trapped in my body. almost like being paralyzed but for some reason worse, as if i was a ghost... it was really uncomfortable

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Well I never die in a dream. When I die I wake up

Yeah that's usually how it works.
Showing 136-150 of 348