ForumsThe TavernAt what ranking do people start to repect you?

159 21940
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I noticed that people on AG give serfs no respect thinking they're noobs. At what rank to people stop thinking you are a noob? I'm a silver squire as of right now, so how nooby am I.

• 159 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I really respect people who have a lot of post instead of what rank they are. Most people do that too. But I guess you gain a little respect for gold knight or being a wood lord but not as much.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I've never thought of anyone as a noob. A newb, yes.

There is no ranking where you become respected. I respect anyone who makes good posts in the forums. I find anyone who makes bad posts regardless of rank to be unrespectable.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Top 200 I guess. I just cracked,I'm in the 180's now.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

I don't care about rank, just quality of posts. For example, the user Perslos has been making great posts ever since he started. So I respect him even though he's only a squire. However there are some people who are higher than me who can't seem to string together a coherent sentence. Not going to name names, but they know who the are.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

You can't be talking about me,cuz I'm still ranked lower than you.

Perslos
Perslos
353 posts
Nomad

Perslos has been making great posts ever since he started

Tehe :P

Anyways, to me, Rank and Respect truly shouldn't be thought together. Anyone can walk in, comment and rate everything and get in the top ten, Respect is different, people who are responsible on here, and people who help out others are the people who have earned my respect, not the people with the high ranks
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

No ranking gets you any sort of default R-E-S-P-E-C-T

However there are some people who are higher than me who can't seem to string together a coherent sentence. Not going to name names, but they know who the are.

Yup
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

You can't be talking about me,cuz I'm still ranked lower than you.

Lol I find it interesting that you assume I'm talking about you :P
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Well,you're talking to everyone reading this thread.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

There have been issues with people going "Shut up, you are wrong, I am a ... and you are just a ... therefor you should listen to me", especially if they actually were not right, but too stubborn to yield.
Rank sometimes matter.
So does time since creating the profile.
Age.
Ap.

All these things will make a person respectable for some people, and sometimes make their own ego inflate.

True respect? It comes with, well, knowledge.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Around Silver Knight people start to respect you a little. However, I'm a Wood Lord, and not a lot of people respect me too much

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

It's not the rank but the quality and quantity of forum posts. If your a golden king but only have 100 posts and they all were stupid and incoherent then I still wouldn't respect yet.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

i start increasing my respect to someone when they have around 500 posts

i don't like to think of ranks as a prejudice of respect

Osmar38
Osmar38
180 posts
Blacksmith

finally somebody respect the gold serfs

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

Rank does not matter. If you make good posts and don't spam, troll, flame etc, then people on AG will respect you.

Showing 1-15 of 159