ForumsThe TavernAt what ranking do people start to repect you?

159 21951
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I noticed that people on AG give serfs no respect thinking they're noobs. At what rank to people stop thinking you are a noob? I'm a silver squire as of right now, so how nooby am I.

• 159 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

It seems to me that a lot of people here only respect those who "deserve" it. I only have one thing to say. Get off your pedestal! Nobody should have to prove themselves to you.

Learn to respect your enemies, and let them respect you. If you don't respect your enemies, chances are one of them will come back to crush you or your reputation. If you want to show disrespect, you better have a good hand to play off of.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

Trolls will still flame you, spammers will still spam you. wether you're a duke or a serf. But ye might get a 'lil since they be knowin' ye been here fer a long tyme.

bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Respect is not earned its gained through talking to people being nice helping other users I respect many people who are serfs.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

Learn to respect your enemies, and let them respect you. If you don't respect your enemies, chances are one of them will come back to crush you or your reputation. If you want to show disrespect, you better have a good hand to play off of

Those are nice words, even hard for me to understand.....

Respect is not earned its gained through talking to people being nice helping other users I respect many people who are serfs.

Is earned and gained different?

I think 'respect' is very dependent on what other people thinking. Just ignore spammers and trollers, we talk about 'normal' user now, a newbie who wants to know each other, have fun and become a 'normal respected' user someday.

Like Mother Theressa said:

If you are rich, people might envy you.
If you are poor, people dislike you.

If you are smart, people don't admit you.
If you are stupid, people disrespect you.

If you have a lot of friends, people think you are stupid.
If you have no friend, they consider you a nerd.

(At the the end, you always wrong. You just don't have to listen to what everybody's said about you)

You see, at the end, it always between you and God, it never between you and human.
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

It depends. While I've never heard of a bad asss noob, people like Krin don't have many points but are respected for their ability to create masterful games that lots of people like. But for the average user, I'd say around wood knight. But I'd say if you're above 4,000 your definately on the more respected side.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

Merits are nice, but I don't mind as long as they don't have like two thousand games rated and no merits. I mean if you rate a thousand games you should at least be able to get one merit.

Good point Green.

1. Grammar/Spelling. I'm not a Nazi but if peoples' posts are indecipherable, I don't bother to read them.

Lol, indecipherable, like Hyrogriphlics? Aztec language?

Most of the higher ranked users have this "circle of friendship" which makes it easy for them to block out newer users. This seems to discourage a lot of users from getting more involved in the forums. But yeah, a lot of people here are quite full of themselves.

I sometime, invite new user to be more active in the forum, usually post it in their profile, but it could be possible they don't check their profile for a year! Or to lazy to click the forum thread I gave.

im a gold lord so anybody below me does not deserve respect

Hi? Are you there? This is rhetorical and stu*** post.

yes u may respect them but they dont deserve iit

Another wei** post.
CosmicCharlie
CosmicCharlie
112 posts
Nomad

Glad I'm going for the Queen rank, then~

you already know how I feel about you.
Veobahamut
Veobahamut
887 posts
Nomad

It depends on the kind of posts you make and threads also.

joewelke25
joewelke25
30 posts
Nomad

Power means nothing without respect, there are a lot of rich and powerful people who are not respected by their peers, and there for their power means nothing. Rank just means you've posted, commented and voted a lot.

If you are kind and have helpful things to say on here then people will respect you the majority of the time.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

ummm....i saw people saying high compliments on firetail's profile. So i think around 10th.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Never, people call me a noob allllll the time.

PossibleInstability
PossibleInstability
975 posts
Nomad

Never, people call me a noob allllll the time.

Well maybe you're a noob.
Skarrface
Skarrface
101 posts
Peasant

U just gotta make urself well known in the forums

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Lol as soon as i Started i was respected..

As tha Spamlord (Spamlawrd)

wwefreak360
wwefreak360
185 posts
Nomad

in the top 200 or 300

Showing 76-90 of 159