ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 318201
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

Where are Christians suffering? They haven't been persecuted widely in over 80 years. And to the ones who are suffering, they are either delivered from the Earth or sent somewhere safer.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Kopts in egypt. Christians in afghanistan and pakistan also are often attacked if I'm right.
And all of the converts in Africa, what about them? They are not delivered, except when some starve horribly. They are not sent somewhere safer; where should they go? I'm not saying that he case for everyone there, but there are countries with bad living standarts, and the people there didn't merit this.

shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

I would suggest reading "Job" from the Old Testament.

Everything that happened to him was simply to test his faith.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I know the story of Job. Does god have to test the faith of so many people by being so cruel? Is he so easily challenged by the devil? Doesn't he know better? Shouldn't he also test the faith of a lot of americans too? Why are there even wealthy christians who claim their faith is true if apparently, it hasn't ever been challenged?

shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

God made us all. Via evolution or creation. What right do we have to demand an easy life from him? The devil has dominion over the earth. God speaks to us through his word. And American faith is tested. Promises of material objects, Atheistic literature, and rampant temptations are all around us.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say with your last sentence.
Can you rephrase?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What right do we have to demand an easy life from him?

Don't we have the right to demand a supportbale life?
The devil has dominion over the earth.

Right, because on earth he is more powerful than god.
God speaks to us through his word. And American faith is tested. Promises of material objects, Atheistic literature, and rampant temptations are all around us.

Are there no temptations where people live with almost nothing? Native tribes in the rainforest live on a materialistic basis, and were perfetcly fine and healthy. Now they are converted, and suffer. What for?

Can you rephrase?

I was saying, there are christians who don't suffer at all. There are christians who suffer a lot. Under the assumption that god tests their faith, why is there even that difference? Why does he test some people with hunger and misery, and some with video games?
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

Are there no temptations where people live with almost nothing?

Read "Night" people killed each other for bread crumbs.

Now they are converted, and suffer.

Suffer how?

I was saying, there are christians who don't suffer at all. There are christians who suffer a lot. Under the assumption that god tests their faith, why is there even that difference? Why does he test some people with hunger and misery, and some with video games?

Because in the end it is all the same. You are going to hell if you tell a white lie, and you are going to hell if you kill and eat another human. Only by forgiveness are Christians saved.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Read "Night" people killed each other for bread crumbs.

I guess that means 'yes, there are temptations where people live with almost nothing'. Good. Now explain again, why are they tested so harshly, and why are wealthy christians not tested so harshly, if both are already subject to temptaion?

Suffer how?

Like, hunger etc; I'm still in the exemple of Africa.

Because in the end it is all the same. You are going to hell if you tell a white lie, and you are going to hell if you kill and eat another human. Only by forgiveness are Christians saved.

It is definitely not the same; they are not tested in the same way, how is this just in any way? I think I know what you mean, but I refuse to think that this should be the work of a benevolent and non-arbitrary god.
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

You aren't even talking about real life examples! I have never even heard of a starving Christian colony in Africa, much less any other continent.

Temptation is all around. It comes in different forms, suitable for whoever is being tempted.

What is the difference between killing someone and lying? Why must you scale them so?

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Everything that happened to him was simply to test his faith.

A loving god is a torturing god.
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

^^^
I'm going to assume you are slandering, in which case God didn't torture him. The devil did.

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Slandering? No, I'm just making fun of it.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You aren't even talking about real life examples!

Meh.. no, I wasn't basing this on a specific example, and couldn't think of a specific one right now. Fact is, the situation of christians around the world can vary a lot, which for me personally invalidates the thing about being tested; at least, I don't see that as a sign of god's existence. I would have to believe already to consider this further. So let's quit that.

What is the difference between killing someone and lying? Why must you scale them so?

Because I don't believe in sins, so I can't consider them the same. I don't believe in any deity or after-life, and thus I value life as more important than honour or conscience about having lied to someone.

Talking about real examples.. on a different thing now. I got told of an example, I sadly can't find it anywhere.
On a tropical island, or peninsula, don't remember, there is a native tribe living in the rain forest in the center. They live on a materialistic basis, live off of their environment, and live rather peacefully. Once, missionaries came and built a mission on the border of the forest, and converted a few natives. Nowadays, those natives, sicne they've been concerted they do nothing, hang around and get fat, and basicly only wait for food supplies to arrive. First off, that shows that living off of fatih isn't the best thing to do^^ second more serious point; you can't just go somehwere and convert people you don't know to your religion, because with that religion come certain standatrs and morals we are sued to, but they are not. If you tell them about christianity, why should they go on with their content life in the tribe? Why should they work so hard if in the end it doesn't change a lot? By converting them they completely alienated them.
I don't see how this should be a good thing, and this clearly won't make me see missionarism as something god, or as some kind of reason to believe in god.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I have never even heard of a starving Christian colony in Africa, much less any other continent.

never heared of congo?

1: 2009 world hunger map

2: what religions the people in african countrys believe in
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I'm going to assume you are slandering, in which case God didn't torture him. The devil did.

You said it was God doing the testing. So any torture the person experiences as a result of that is God's doing.
Showing 796-810 of 881