The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474841
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Gears of war is not going to be on the PS3. Read this.

Its fatter but not as wide, your thumbs are nearly touching.

I don't see how that's possible on the Xbox360's controller. Since the thumb sticks are farther apart then the PS3's. On the PS3 controller it's just my hands are too big for the controller and the thumb sticks are too close to eachother. Well most people have that problem and prefer the Xbox360's controller. My hand is as big as the PS3's controller. It's just awkward playing with it since my fingers are so close together.

The xbox360's controller is more durable as well. I've dropped it many times and it hasn't broken yet. But if I accidentally drop the PS3 controller then I can say goodbye to 50 bucks.

If Microsoft were to put in the same battery style as the PS3's controller then it would be perfect. Instead of paying money for batteries or buying wired controllers I could just charge it.

You can get all of these on PS3, and valve is now doing exclusive stuff with the PS3 because they like the system better, so you can expect less on the next L4D on 360.

Well that's good I guess. PS3 fans can expect more games for their system.

The PS3 has faster internet if your internet is good,

I do have a great internet connection. I notice thought that the ps3's connectivity speed is slower then the Xbox's.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

I don't see how that's possible on the Xbox360's controller.
The bottom knuckles always are touching.
I don't see how that's possible on the Xbox360's controller.
I got pissed when playing COD and chucked my controller at the wall. And guess what... IT DIDN'T BREAK!
I notice thought that the ps3's connectivity speed is slower then the Xbox's.
I've never had problems on the PS3 and also have never had a smooth game on the 360 either.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've never had problems on the PS3 and also have never had a smooth game on the 360 either.

Well most of my friends own both or have played on both. And they tell me that the PS3's internet is too slow and cuts out for them. They also tell me that Xbox360's is faster and smoother.

I guess it all depends on your actual internet connection and how it's set up.

I got pissed when playing COD and chucked my controller at the wall. And guess what... IT DIDN'T BREAK!

It's good it didn't break. They're very durable. That's one of the reasons why I like them. Also because of there size.

I don't actually throw mine though. I just drop it a few times and it's on accident.

The bottom knuckles always are touching.

I don't really know what you mean by that. Do you mean on the back of the controller? Were your middle fingers are?

Sometimes my hands get sore from playing games. But that's only when I play for a while. I don't experience any problems with the controller except for the battery issue.

And that link you put up there doesn't work.

I've read many places that gears of war won't be on the PS3. I don't even think it should. Since that game was on Xbox for the longest. Same with Halo. Those two games should just remain for Microsoft.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

I don't really know what you mean by that. Do you mean on the back of the controller? Were your middle fingers are?
I mean the knuckle where the thumb and hand connect.
I've read many places that gears of war won't be on the PS3. I don't even think it should. Since that game was on Xbox for the longest. Same with Halo. Those two games should just remain for Microsoft.
Gears of War I doubt will come to PS3, but Bungi has already talked about bringing Halo to PS3, and Bungi also got full rights to Halo in their last contract negotiation with Microsoft, plus they're working on a game with Activision right now, I'm thinking Halo or they're getting in on COD.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Bungi has already talked about bringing Halo to PS3

That would be very interesting. To see Halo on the PS3. It would be very fun too. I wonder when they'll make it for the PS3 though. I'll have to search around and see what I find.

plus they're working on a game with Activision right now, I'm thinking Halo or they're getting in on COD.

Are you saying they're making a new halo or COD already?

I mean the knuckle where the thumb and hand connect.

I understand why you're talking about now. I've never had that problem though.
darthdave9
darthdave9
110 posts
Nomad

The wii. CoD, Halo, Fable, Left 4 Dead, and Gears of War are great games, but no one can really get that little something in a game that make you fall in love with it like Nintendo can.

P.S. GRAPHICS ARE FINE ON THE WII!!!!!!!1111!!!oneoneone!!! they aren't as good as ps3 or xbox but to me if what the graphics are trying to show show that thing well, it's just as good as ps3 or xbox graphics.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

the xbox controller is much better and has more exclusives to offer like halo

The controller is better if you want a bigger one but the problem is the batteries.

And if you've read the discussion above yours you'll know that Bungie is making multi-platform games.
So those exclusives that are on the Xbox will be available on the PS3 soon.

You should search the internet a little and you'll see what I'm talking about.

GRAPHICS ARE FINE ON THE WII

I say the graphics on the Wii are the same on the PS3 and normal Xbox.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I made a mistake in that last sentence above.

I say the graphics on the Wii are the same on the PS3 and normal Xbox.

I say the graphics on the Wii are the same on the PS2 and normal Xbox.

There now that's fixed.
hiyacherry
hiyacherry
426 posts
Nomad

not all of the new xboxs are glossy Ive got the 4gb one and it isnt glossy its more matte

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I know.
I like that one more then the glossy one. If only they made the 250GB one like that. I rather have the matte one with all the memory then the glossy one.
The glossy one just attracts tons of dust and it's a finger print magnet.

hiyacherry
hiyacherry
426 posts
Nomad

I now need to buy a memory card for my xbox I went on amazon and it said delivery 4-8 weeks come on really?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I now need to buy a memory card for my xbox

Thank you for reminding me of yet another issue with Microsoft.

With these Xbox's you need to purchase your memory cards from them and spend a lot of money on them.

While with Sony you can just go to Best Buy and purchase a netbook hard drive of up to 1TB (I think). I don't remember how high it can go up too.

But my cousin has a netbook hard drive of 500GB on his PS3.

They don't cost much either.
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

I like the x box 360 much better. I had a ps3 and so did my friend, but we frequently had the problem where it lagged out or freezes. I went back to the x box 360 and had NO problems. Also, because to many little kids get the ps3 because their cheap

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

I've also had a little competition with my friend on ps3 vs x box 360 graphics. I actually saw that the 360 had better graphics. I think its just the TV you play on. I did the graphics test on the same HD TV.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

First off, this whole argument is really stupid and It has no point. It's basically fanboys who fine the best thing about their console and the worst about the other. Its just how some people like to justify their purchase and whatever you buy is fine.

If you were to look at all the hardware and software at each system including all the extra features then you'll understand that the PS3 is better.

Right and Wrong. You are way off in the software department. Microsoft's Xbox live with the software attached is leaps and bounds ahead of Sony, because Microsoft knows a thing or two about software. LIVE, although costing now $60, is superior. Its the cost of a new video game for a whole year and it is easier to navigate and is more user friendly.

Hardware- PS3 having come out years after the Xbox, it dose have better hardware. The controller i find to be quite small and the xbox controller is better to me, but that is just personal preference. The PS3 has better hardware, 360 with better software.
Showing 1951-1965 of 5032