ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474873
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
MasterC2010
MasterC2010
187 posts
Shepherd

No I don't buy two batteries at a time. I buy a pack of 6.

why are you buying batteries if the controller comes with a battery pack? just buy another battery pack and a wall charger, and you won't need to worry about that (that's what i do, if a pack runs out of power, replace it with a charged one, and put the empty one in the charger). if you have to buy batteries, then get rechargeable ones

heres a link for a charger: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/quick-charge-kit-xbox-360/10073655.aspx?path=89d376bc549f9600c1f95f2e14440c82en02
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

why are you buying batteries if the controller comes with a battery pack? just buy another battery pack and a wall charger, and you won't need to worry about that

I buy them at first because I thought they were better then the battery pack.

The battery pack is unreliable. I've had three of them and they've all broke. I'd rather just get a wired controller then waste more money on useless things made by Microsoft so that they can get more money.

I just don't understand why Microsoft just didn't make there controller like the PS3 ones. With the battery pack and all you do is plug it in to the console and it charges.
That would've been much easier for them. But no Microsoft has to be greedy and make these things that you must buy from them so your controller does work.

And uou get fit to

Not really. You might burn a few calories but not that much to get you fit. There is something better though. It's called jogging. You can just go outside every morning and jog. That gets you more fit.

Also a gym membership works the same way.

the whole family can play

The whole family can play the PS3 and Xbox too.
For the Wii though. Their are more family based games. So I say it's better for the family then say Gears of war on the Xbox.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Why?
To me it's that plus everything else that makes them a great console.

Well think of it this way: Even if you have super-amazing online services, photorealistic graphics and all that other stuff, your console will still fail if you don't have games that make it worth actually buying your console. And not-using exclusive games to compare consoles is kind of pointless if the game also exists on another console.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Hmm.
Whenever I play with the Xbox wireless controller the batteries last 24 hours.
No I don't buy two batteries at a time. I buy a pack of 6. They don't last very long either. I buy the energizer ones. Also the Duracell ones too.

dude what the hell are you like playing non stop for 24 hours? those batteries do last long because both me and my bro play the Xbox regularly and we don't have to change the batteries that much
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well if you talk exclusives then I say the PS3. If you search up on the internet and look back a few pages on this here thread you know that most games exclusives Microsoft are coming to the PS3.
So that they won't have that only argument when it comes to exclusives.

Bungie is what the company is called. Search up and you will see that they're making some games for Sony now.

And with all the Exclusives Sony already has it makes it a great system.
Here are some that I'm fond of:
Infamous
Resistance series
Metal gear solid series
Heavy Rain
SOCOM
Little big planet
God of war series
Yakuza
Ninja Gaiden series
Uncharted series
Killzone series

I like all of these compared to the ones on the 360. Xbox is better for FPS games. But that's about it for me.

dude what the hell are you like playing non stop for 24 hours?

No. It's just whenever I do play for about 6 hours the batteries are dead. Keep in mind that I'm not the only one that plays the Xbox. My other family members play it too.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

No. It's just whenever I do play for about 6 hours the batteries are dead. Keep in mind that I'm not the only one that plays the Xbox. My other family members play it too.

i didn't know that

how many others play?
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

I never wanted to imply that I prefer the X-Box you know . It's just that the Arcade was that much cheaper at the time so I ended up with a 360 instead of a PS3. And that list of yours is missing Ratchet and Clank (which is probably one of the main reasons I'd want a PS3 over a 360).

Still exclusive-wise, I still love my Wii to death and prefer it over it's HD counterparts.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

how many others play?

My dad, little brother, older brother and my cousin.

That takes up some more time and battery usage and is why I have to replace them regularly. One reason why I choose the PS3. Since you can just plug it in and charge it and not have to buy any other devices for the controller.

And that list of yours is missing Ratchet and Clank

Yes it did. That is a great game. I just don't put every exclusive game into my post. Only the ones that I really enjoy and play a lot.

It's just that the Arcade was that much cheaper at the time

Same with me. Two Christmas's ago I ended up with the Arcade system instead of a PS3 since it was cheaper. I liked it. But what I didn't like is that I had to spend so much money just to maintain it.

I had to buy a fan, batteries, wired controllers, online, cords to hook it up to the online, memory for the console.

All that money spent for something that won't last that long. If I would've saved my money I could've bought me a PS3.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

My dad, little brother, older brother and my cousin.

well that's why, wired controller of gtfo with family

maybe save up money and get a wireless just for yourself
MasterC2010
MasterC2010
187 posts
Shepherd

how do your battery packs break? i have my controller since the 360 came out, and the we still have the original battery pack. all you need to do is take care of your machines and they will last long

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

all you need to do is take care of your machines and they will last long

Yeah. I took very much care of it. I bought it an extra fan for the back so it won't overheat. I didn't move it much. I kept it in a nice open space. I kept the dust away from it.

And it still died on me. You do know the failure rate of the Xbox360's?
Right now with these new ones. I think it's at about 30-40%.
But when I got my arcade one the failure rate was at 50-60%. It doesn't matter how much care you put into it. It will still die with a failure rate like that.

how do your battery packs break?

They just died out. I can't really explain it. But it just stopped working one day.
MasterC2010
MasterC2010
187 posts
Shepherd

well, rechargeable batteries don't last forever. they lose their maximum amount that they can hold. as far as consoles lasting longer, the newer ones (elite and the brand new one) last long. have you tried new battery packs?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

have you tried new battery packs?

Nope. And I don't plan on it. It's just a waste of money. It's much easier to just get a wired controller.

the newer ones (elite and the brand new one) last long.

I know. The failure rate for them is still about 25% though. While the PS3's is only about 10%
So the smart choice would go with the PS3. Since it will last longer. And also you don't have to waste extra money on the controllers, online and other things.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

I'm not a fanboy. In all my post in here. I've discussed the best and the worst about both of the consoles. It's not pointless if you bring a good discussion but for people that spam they need to just stay out.

I agree with you 100%. If you dont be a rabbid fanboy spammer and have something useful to say, I don't mind.

wii: play with your friends!!
playstation: your a normal person
xbox: o man, you're a nerd >.<

Exactly what I mean >_>

I used to really like the Playstation 2. But when my slim broke I shed a tear and got the Xbox wth a rather large harddrive so I won't need to worry about Memory space. All my friends got Xbox 360's. I got mine to play with them. If they had PS3's I would go out a get one of those.

That's not true. I'm not a cheap person. I just don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on something that'll only last about 1 year and then having to buy batteries every other day and new things for the system to keep it working.

You look at it and add everything up. You spend on the Xbox is almost equivalent to a new system.

Not exactly. What I got for $250 on eBay for christmas was the Xbox 360 Elite with they standard equipment, including a wired microphone. The battery thing I never found to be a issue and if it really bothered you they have wired controllers avalible for not much money.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

That's not true. I'm not a cheap person. I just don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on something that'll only last about 1 year and then having to buy batteries every other day and new things for the system to keep it working.

Hmm.
I said that on page 203.

Not exactly.

Online for 12 months $60. Batteries for controller 10$ for a pack of 20. Wired controller $40 for one(if you want to have fun with friends or family you will need to buy more and that increases the price). Play and charge kit $20.(that was for the wireless controller.) Cooling fan $20(so your Xbox won't overheat.) 250GB internal hardrive $130(if you bought the system without the memory.)

When you add all that up. You could've just bought a PS3 and avoid all that money wasting.

All my friends got Xbox 360's.

Most of my friends have the Xbox also. That doesn't mean I will copy them. I won't waste my money on that console. I rather just go over their house and play with them instead of buying my own. I'd rather have a PS3. Some of my friends have a PS3. So it's fun to play.
Showing 1996-2010 of 5032