ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473473
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
skullhead786
skullhead786
47 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360, you do have to pay for online but when you pay because the network on xbox live is much far better than the ps3's, there is no lag, better security. i must remind u that the ps3 got hacked, the xbox never got hacked because of its security. xbox has better games and the add-ons come out way before. So that is why xbox is better.

tunablade
tunablade
200 posts
Nomad

hay if the whole PS3 network was taken down by three people then somthings wrong. im sure no one here can say that PS3's network needs work

Prototype1997
Prototype1997
3 posts
Nomad

Playstation all the way, been a fan of Sony for as long as I could remember

carpoppoop
carpoppoop
1 posts
Nomad

I think the x-box is the best. The x-box has amazing graphics unlike the wii. Plus the ps3 glitches more. Also i love how the controler feels.

redqwerty511
redqwerty511
1 posts
Nomad

the x-box is good because well you know,it's an x-box but i like the ps3 more because of its free online and interface[b]

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

If I am comparing the XBox and the PS3. Both are almost the quality.

XBox Benefits and Downsides:
-Great Connection
-Bad graphics (Compared to PS3)
-Large controller
-Have to pay for XBox Live

PS3 Benefits and Downsides
-Great Graphics
-Small controller
-Free for PlayStation Network
-*Okay* connection

I played both consoles before, and to me PS3 is better because it has more benefits.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

This is simple.

PS3 = Sony
Xbox = Microsoft
Wii = Nintendo

Sony: Makes the best electronics for TV's = Great Graphics
Microsoft: Makes best computers = Great Internet
Nintendo: A huge game maker = A LOT of games

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Sony: Makes the best electronics for TV's = Great Graphics

- The PS3 and the XBox are almost entirely matched graphically. This isn't true at all.

Microsoft: Makes best computers = Great Internet

Not that obvious an assumption at all. I can't comment on this never having used XBox Live, but it's entirely possible you're quite mistaken.
Plus consider that you have to pay for it while PSN is free.

Nintendo: A huge game maker = A LOT of games

The Wii suffers from having by far the least great titles out of the 3 big consoles, because many games simply don't get to the Wii, and when it does have them they're almost invariably first-party.
And it's not like both the PS3 and XBox don't have exclusives of their own.

What's really gonna come down to at this point, when selecting consoles, are two questions:

1. How much of a Nintendo loyalist and Zelda/Mario/Metroid fan are you - enough to live without the great games in the PS3 and XBox?
2. If not, out of the PS3 and XBox, which console has the better exclusives?
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I'm not talking about the Wii or any console. I'm talking about the companies that MADE it.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Did you even see my comment before that ihsahn? I prefer the PS3 over the XBox.

Ghost111777
Ghost111777
1 posts
Nomad

I am sorry but I will vote for the PS3 and Xbox 360 are pretty even because they both have almost the same things. But if your going to argue, well don't because Xbox 360 is my biggest vote.

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,761 posts
Nomad

Pfft, just go to craig's list and get a 360 PS-Wii! No, no, ignore the green tape. Yes thats a coffee pot connected to it. Reference.

Anyways, i have a wii and a xbox. I enjoy shooter games such as halo or call of duty, but i also enjoy exclusive games such as zelda or metroid.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I'm not talking about the Wii or any console. I'm talking about the companies that MADE it.

Then your post is entirely irrelevant to this discussion and a total non-sequitur. You're listing the three companies that make the consoles and ascribing benefits to them, this is a thread about the consoles; two plus two makes four.

I'm sorry to inform you, you were talking about the consoles whether you meant it or not.

Did you even see my comment before that ihsahn? I prefer the PS3 over the XBox.

I still stand by my criteria, though. Console selection, the way I see it, is largely a matter of whether you like the Wii and if not, which other has the exclusives that attract you.
panos2112
panos2112
11 posts
Blacksmith

I am poing to pick ps3 becauseit was HD and bluray long before xbox
Also it is much beter for online matches and gas my favourite games ,GOD OF WAR and Infamous...

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

ihsahn, techniqally it is still relevant to the topic. We are talking about the CREATORS of the consoles. Isn't that relevant to the topic?

Showing 4501-4515 of 5032