The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474131
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Hydraulic
Hydraulic
223 posts
Nomad

Well, since the PS3 will be getting subscription fees online soon, I'd say the Xbox 360 is top dog here. A year's worth of the best online in the business for only 50$? Hells yeah! Besides online, we have Kinect coming and some of the best exclusives evar. Winners!

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

PS3 and Xbox 360 pwn Wii . Everyone knows that!

say the Xbox 360 is top dog here. A year's worth of the best online in the business for only 50$? Hells yeah! Besides online, we have Kinect coming and some of the best exclusives evar. Winners!

True , True!

i want to say Wii, because Im kinda nintendo fan, but the Wii has almost all of its games relating to groups, and not many for single players. The games at E3 did look promising, but right now, I would have to say Ps3, only because of its great online capability, and those few games that are a must have.

Wii stinks , It has crap games and crap controls.
jpsingh
jpsingh
3 posts
Nomad

All three systems are great they all have something different to offer. The wii is really great as it caters to everyone, but mostly kids and those who grew up with nintendo. When I play wii everyone want's to play even those who would never play a game in the first place.

360 - good online, great controller, great games, geared towards online and hardcore audience.

ps3 - love this system just for the price (299) 250 gigs of space so many features.. online browser.. good exclusives and wifi. Love the GUI and all the connectivity and my downloads are faster on the psn network. Also, love how easy it is to charge the controller and also it looks better then 360 in my opinion. Plus free online!

No reason to not have them all.

DevDevil
DevDevil
3 posts
Nomad

PS3 completely! Free online, awesome games, and the controler isn't as large, bulky, and awkward as the 360

dannybar9
dannybar9
10 posts
Nomad

I say the 360 mostly because you can have parties. and overall more games for kids like my little sister wich is kind of a good thing allthouge I must admit there are too many little kids squeqing on xbox live. in my opinion the ps3 is an oversized blu ray player

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

got to go with wii. no reason really except for I have one and not the others.

Moddex
Moddex
1 posts
Nomad

The PS3 has a very good selection of games, but it's biggest blow to most of the buyer's market is not porting them to all of the other consoles later down the road, making them exclusive to their console. For the longest time, they were horrendously expensive and impractical for the casual gamer to afford. They do feature a very expansive online network though that's growing and gaining new features and communities all the time which is a major positive.

The Wii is a great example of a console meant for families and inexperienced gamers. But hey, that's what this console aimed for. Expecting action games or anything palatable to such a genre or its closely related cousins is expecting a lot. It's a family entertainment unit after all. Its online community is a little behind the times and standards and is vastly being outdone by the other competitive consoles. The thing I'm mostly disappointed in this is the lousy games that are getting squeezed out for this console to sell more units. Many of the games out there now, family oriented or not, are very poorly designed and directed, trying too hard to be innovative with the wireless wave-motion controller.

The 360 is a pretty well rounded system I'd say, but it has many major hardware issues, plus the rather eye sore of a price for online access to their network. Microsoft will be Microsoft though and try to stiff us with a price tag on just about anything they can. Their games vary quite widely and the downloadable user content is a welcomed plus. As its games and network expands, things will only continue to grow for this system. The most fatal blow to this system however is their hardware. The headsets are very fragile and the consoles have some serious detrimental overheating issues, making you pay roughly half the price of the console just to have it replaced.

Rough run-down:

PS3 - Expensive prices, great games, great online network.
Wii - Family oriented, unique control plans, low quality games.
360 - Bad hardware, wide game selection, deep-pocket online network.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

the wii is the best obviously i mean the 360 cant compare neither can ps3

janakr
janakr
7 posts
Nomad

Okay HErez My Pozt!:

I vote for ps3

I got wii but i use it for games like monster hunter, super mario galaxy etc... i like more games that are motion controlled... and motion pretty owns but on ps3 you have better games,online community and its really fun to get friends and play togather there

cis98
cis98
9 posts
Nomad

I put my vote on 360 because the online is better that ps3. It has very little noobs in games like MW2. There are more players, and now the new 360 has a 250 gig hard drive, 802.11n wifi the fast and it is wisper quiet. and also kinect is gonna kill Wii's motion sensor because YOU are the controller.

gopher517
gopher517
9 posts
Nomad

the ps3 is simply the best gaming console, it's way more powerful than the 360 and has better exclusives

ghostknife
ghostknife
1 posts
Nomad

ps3 won on challenge vs xbox and wii is getting kinda lame...

Samuele
Samuele
33 posts
Peasant

I vote for Wii, is very beautiful play with it.
It's very funny.

zyfair0yarrowoot
zyfair0yarrowoot
1 posts
Nomad

hi guys. i love for ps3, i dont know, i guess its jus because im used to the controller and i have been playing playstations instead of xboxs for a long time now.(yes i know its verry biast)

ynet123
ynet123
1 posts
Nomad

Playstation 3 is the newest and the best in my opinion...

Showing 1186-1200 of 5032