The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474183
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

Got to be the xbox. So much better games. And graphics.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Geez. This is no contest. PS3 wins all the time.

We have Internet browsing, while you guys are only confined to using Facebook. You have to pay to play online, while we can play for free, or get the premium service and actually get our moneys worth. We have better graphics then you, and for anyone who disagrees, you're on crack. We don't get the RROD. Period. We have been able to connect to wireless internet, while Microsoft has just released a new 360 console that can finally connect to wireless internet. And I'm pretty sure we can put a hard drive into our PS3, which means more memory, but I'm not sure, I haven't really tried it. We can watch Blu-Ray, or HD DVDs. The PS3 is not just confined to being a "gaming console", it's a home entertainment system.

PS+ kicks X-Box Live butt everytime too. We can get exclusive demos for free, we get discounts on games in the PS Store, and we can download free games (once a month) from the PS Store. If you don't feel like paying $50 a year though, you can still play online for free. What do you guys get for your $50 a year?

And btw, can your X-Box 360 do this?

brandol
brandol
49 posts
Peasant

I vote to wii not be made, the comands in this console suck and man, All the game I ever played on my friends house I alredy fnished on play2, for exemple resident evil, and one more fact, I saw a new that Sony will make the same control of the wii console to the play3 console! Well Wii is USELESS I advice to buy the play tree and after buy the romete for this console

Hatsune
Hatsune
17 posts
Nomad

xbox360 is the best becouse it now kas Kinect that is like Wii but even better becouse you don't those remote controls in your hands and it works from a mile away. It's better than PS3 becouse xbox360 games are cheaper and has a better quality of graphics and xbox360 is the cheapest of them all.

Eddie1337
Eddie1337
19 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 got the best games and almost all the games on PS3 you can have on xbox 360!

elfisparsley
elfisparsley
201 posts
Peasant

360 and ps3 each have pretty cool exclusives and good graphics. IMO Nintendo is wayyy overrated 95% of the games suck and the graphics are garbage

aim2bepro
aim2bepro
82 posts
Nomad

All 3 systems have their pros and cons, and it really depends on what you are looking for. The battle mainly is between the 360 and PS3 because they are designed with hardcore gamers in mind. The Wii is a family system, as many of the games (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Super Mario Bros) clearly indicate. The 360 has a better GPU (graphics processing unit), the Xenos GPU, than the PS3's RSX GPU. The 360 is also the prefered choice to people who consider themselves to be hardcore gamers. The PS3 is for people who want more of a gaming experience. After all, it only does 'everything'. The built in BluRay player is a really nice feature that the 360 does not have.

The PS3 is in my opinion the better system however. While the price of the 360 is less, you have to pay for XBox Live which dramatically increases how much you are paying. The PS3 also has an internet browser which the 360 does not. The 360 also breaks much easier than the PS3 does. One of my friends sent his XBox in 6 times for different reasons. I personally want a system that I can play whenever I want and don't have to worry about it breaking. iWazBord, that is a really cool link that I think really shows why the PS3 is better.
(information from http://www.buzzle.com/articles/which-is-better-ps3-or-xbox-360.html)

Eddie1337
Eddie1337
19 posts
Nomad

I vote for Xbox 360 because i like the control more than PS3´s control and i got some games that you can only have on the Xbox 360.

zippy9z2
zippy9z2
125 posts
Nomad

xbox 360 because 28 of my friends have and 2 have ps3 and i hate the wii

runswithwands
runswithwands
103 posts
Nomad

I own a Wii, thinking I would have made a very good investment as far as activity goes. I really have not become more active, despite owning Wii Fit and Wii Active.

I used to own a PS2, and have heard good things about the PS3, but I'm not much into gaming on a console (with the exception of Fable, though I never got myself the XBox, unfortunately).

Oddly, gaming consoles seem to rely on the users intent for it, not just what games it has. It's been amazing watching technology grow so much over the years.

djs48
djs48
1 posts
Nomad

My Xbox 360 has been loyal to me but recently my hard drive burnt out and now all of my game data is erased including my live profile. I know i can be recovered but seeing as im a teenager, I dont have money lying around to buy a hard drive so my live account is being spent as I can't even play. I have heard rumors of Live and the PS3 online gaming service will combine allowing play over multiple platforms so I'm leaning towars a god solid PS3. However that new 36o is coming out with the internal hard drive so I'm not sure which way my allegiances will fall... just not for the Wii....... : )

SharpShooter17
SharpShooter17
1 posts
Nomad

PS3 is the far better consol because of its advanced technology

crazygoat
crazygoat
2 posts
Nomad

IT depends i have an xbox 360 so naturally im going to vote for that. but it depends on what u like x box 360 has more games. ps3 has more exclusive games + free online. wii is ment more for families

alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

Here are some sites to see the different specs of each console compared to each other.
Power Consumption
Not sure how much people would actually care about how much power something takes up... but oh well, just thought I'd throw it out there.

This other article tells about how it is really hard to compare the different systems to each other, because they each have their own "special" abilities. They are all similar, but it a way they are also different.
Comparisions

SonofZion77
SonofZion77
31 posts
Nomad

All three are good systems for different reasons.
Nintendo has turned its back to its fanbase far to many times with random crappy mill-ware games, but the system with the wii-mote is still really fun to use.
Xbox360 is still the king of online buying, exclusive updates/expansion packs, etc. However, PS3 is FINALLY catching up, and PS3 online use is totally free. If they keep that up they will end up being the favorite by far...eventually
360 has very good graphics, but i've not played any game on the 360 in HD, that I did not find to be better on a PS3 in HD, but that is my opinion, I don't have some fancy specs to back that up.

Also, the PS3 has a serious TFLOP rating. If you don't know what that is or why you should care then click here [url=http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2007/03/why-the-playstation-3-owns-the-pc-in-fh.ars]
The 360 doesn't even come close. In the early stages of the 360/PS3 wars the PS3 was much harder to make games for, but no longer. There are some B-E-A-utiful games coming out in the next 6-12 months that I am so stoked to play.

Lastly, the people on here who talk about different systems that they have [b]never played, shouldn't comment. At least, not in a certain manner such as, "The 'whatever system' is so much better because i think it is!" If you haven't had the opportunity to play a system extensively, then why would you state such certain opinions on assumption? I have played all three systems extensively, and I know well enough that all three have strong points. Totally bashing any of the systems [b]especially when you haven't even played said system, is ludicrous.

Showing 1216-1230 of 5032