The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474216
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Hands down Miscrosoft's console is the best on the market. The Xbox 360 and the 360 Slim are way better than the ps3. Xbox has better games, LIVE is infinitely better than PSN and only costs 50 bucks a year. Blu-Ray is soooo slow and Standerd Definition looks great on my 55 inch LCD. The slim will just dominate the PS3 and with Kinect coming out soon, sorry Sony but you just got pwned

tnymeh
tnymeh
178 posts
Nomad

wii is worse than playing on pc.

Wii sucks,

Man, people in this thread just don't like the Wii

It's just in a different class than the XBOX or PS3. You can't really compare them to each other- the Wii was made for a totally different audience and genre of games.
CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

Hands down Miscrosoft's console is the best on the market. The Xbox 360 and the 360 Slim are way better than the ps3. Xbox has better games, LIVE is infinitely better than PSN and only costs 50 bucks a year. Blu-Ray is soooo slow and Standerd Definition looks great on my 55 inch LCD. The slim will just dominate the PS3 and with Kinect coming out soon, sorry Sony but you just got pwned

Oh geez... I don't even know where to start here...

Okay, first of all, the hardware. The older 360s break down all the time. People still get RRODs. That's just sad. The slim version seems to be a step up, but it may have unknown/hidden bugs or faults.

Next, the online. Playstation plus membership is currently available for for download online. Do you know what that means? Just in case you don't, it means that WE CAN DOWNLOAD IT OFF THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK! It's optional! An option microsoft doesn't want to give to it's users.

And let's be honest. The kinect looks retarded. I did love the whole menu interface and scrolling movies deal, but in the end, it's a game console, and the games are stupid. Kinectamals? Really?

Speaking of which, X-box really didn't showcase that many cool games at E3 this year. I liked gears of war 3, but that was about it.

And finally this:

Blu-Ray is soooo slow and Standerd Definition looks great on my 55 inch LCD.

What the heck are you talking about? The only lag-happy game I've got is Fallout 3 GOTY edition, and And that game is notorious for it.

sorry Sony but you just got pwned

I beg to differ.
tnymeh
tnymeh
178 posts
Nomad

For some reason, my Fanboy Detector levels just went off the charts!

tnymeh
tnymeh
178 posts
Nomad

Next, the online. Playstation plus membership is currently available for for download online. Do you know what that means? Just in case you don't, it means that WE CAN DOWNLOAD IT OFF THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK! It's optional! An option microsoft doesn't want to give to it's users

What do you mean Playstation plus membership is available for download?

Please clarify. I am intrigued.
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Hmmm K cross viper. I 100% agree with you on this fools statement. This right above me is what any and every typical xbox fanboy tries to say, and you can tell, because they dont give any examples at all. Just statements with no backing. Which is why every time i hear a fanboy say this, it makes me think xbox is even worse, because they cant provide proof.

The Xbox 360 and the 360 Slim are way better than the ps3. Xbox has better games

Ok how? Is it in the graphics? No, because the graphics card and hard drive are better in the ps3, allowing for 1080 i and 1080 p. Is it in the hardware, and software? No because the RROD has happened to over 70% of xbox users. The YLOD for the ps3 has happend to less than 20% (and the YLOD can legit be fixed by users themselves, no need for a send in, so its not fully broken). So not there either. Is it in the new design of the xbox? No because it looks like a wannabe ps3. Does the new xbox 360 fix the RROD? Not completely. When the system starts over heating, a message pops up saying it needs to shut down... And then you have to shut the system down and wait a while before being able to play again... And exactly what games are better would you say? Halo? No that game is horrible. If you like a game where it takes a clip out of any machine gun to kill someone, and it takes one to two punches to kill someone (in other words completely backwards and horrible) than this is the game for you. It has a huge fanbase, but that because fanboys are trying to hold onto the xbox. GoW 3 and Left 4 Dead, are the legit titles im sorta jealous of the xbox having. But ps3 has resistance, Uncharted 1 and 2, LBP, [Demons souls... Meh i made a list before on this thread...

LIVE is infinitely better than PSN and only costs 50 bucks a year.

Negative. Prove to me that live is infinately better. I've actually played online on both, at the same time, on two seperate tvs with a friend playing mw2 on both. They are near exactly the same. In fact on the xbox online we got disconnected whereas on the ps3 we got a tiny bit of lag, but everyone had 4 bars. The next game we played, the xbox had 3 bars, and again the ps3 had 4 bars. So really for internet connection the ps3 actually is better than that of the xbox 360. (and xbox 360 has a bunch of whiny 7 yo playing... Makes it 10x worse imo). Also Playstation plus which u can choose to download costs 50 bucks a year. But with perks. Like downloading games for free, getting other games for discounted prices, being able to download tv shows for free, getting a 1 hour free game trial, of new games about to come out. Getting demos for games earlier. So basically the 50 dollars pays for itself after 3 free game downloads... Then your just getting extra stuff after that. PSN = infinately better (if anything) .

Blu-Ray is soooo slow and Standerd Definition looks great on my 55 inch LCD.

SO your saying great graphics is worse than crappy graphics. K guy, learn to understand what your talking about before making ridiculous comments that make little to no sense. I'd also like to ask you how is blu-ray slow. I have yet to see my blu ray player in my ps3 act a little bit slow, in fact slow at all... Its HD dvd players that are slower than anything ive ever seen. And i actually have one of those, so i can prove this.

The slim will just dominate the PS3 and with Kinect coming out soon, sorry Sony but you just got pwned

The slim looks like a ps3... So not really. And the only good kinect game that may be coming out is harmonix dancing game. But then again ill just pull out my DDR for my ps2 and play on that instead. So this xbox is just a slight upgrade, but will still have all the defects we've come to expect from microsoft. So yea, someone should get a 25 kill streak and just drop a nuke on xbox 360s and put the systems out of there misery.

CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

What do you mean Playstation plus membership is available for download?

Please clarify. I am intrigued.

Well yeah. It came out in the last store update.

The details are here.
CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love to have an X-Box. I just felt that the PS3 was a better overall system.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

I love how most X-Box 360 fans don't back up their opinions with actual facts. And how PS3 fans actually put facts for their reason.

Just so some people know, you can play Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3. I've seen atleast 5 people post that you can play it on the X-Box 360, but totally dismiss the fact that it's on the PS3 as well.

Joeklaw666
Joeklaw666
6 posts
Nomad

i enjoy all three but for Xbox will have to take the cake. Wii has always annoyed me i dont even know why, plus it has way less games and variety (its all sports! every game!). The PS3 i like, but it again dosent have as many games, and the one thing it had going for it has now been undone(free wi-fi). so Xboz takes the prize in my books, its got everything and more than the other two systems.

KrackerPacker
KrackerPacker
144 posts
Nomad

bleah PS3 better than all xbox is the worst by far the controls are all messed up wii is ok

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

its a kinda old video but it made me lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvcP71A-Wk

P.S Calm urself who ever posted a whole page just to prove tht u r smart.... it was a purposeful troll message so tht i can laugh at your reactions ps3 fan boys

aim2bepro
aim2bepro
82 posts
Nomad

I love how most X-Box 360 fans don't back up their opinions with actual facts. And how PS3 fans actually put facts for their reason.

Good point! Xbox people just say that the graphics are better. Check my earlier post to see just why the PS3 is better than the 360.
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

Ill explain shortly

Kinect(Project Natal) + Xbox Live

VS

Ps3 Move(Failure) + PsNetwork

I think we all know how great the 360 is.

dairian32
dairian32
5 posts
Nomad

x box 360 is hands down the best game system

Showing 1246-1260 of 5032