ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474875
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Did the Play station orginal come before the orginal Xbox??[i]

Yes the Original playstation 1 & 2 both came out before the first xbox.

I think that people buy the Xbox 360 because It's cheaper and you can get more GB than the PS3.

The Xbox 360 250Gb cost 299.99
The PS3 160GB cost 299.99

But you can just buy the PS3 320GB for 349.99 at game stop.
I think the PS3 would get way more sales if they made a 250GB for 299.99 like Microsoft has and make the 160GB price like 249.99. Right there i think Sony would rack up a lot more sales.

Personally i would just buy the Xbox 360 4GB for 199.99 because i don't need all that extra memory.

Still though no matter what i would still prefer the PS3 since it has better graphics. It also last longer than the Xbox.
cinnamon34
cinnamon34
121 posts
Nomad

What does wii even have to go against xbox 360 and playstation 3, and I've had both of them and i truly think that the playstation 3 is better. Except I do like the xbox 360 as well because of the games it has such as: gears of war, halo, etc. but playstation has: Killzone, Uncharted, etc. So i actually guess I'm equall with liking them both the same, but Wii "NO" not that great, playstation move/ kinect both can beat the Wii any day, also they can never make a game for the wii as gorey and fun as a game like halo, or assassins creed for the Wii, and those are the games I like. Instead your stuck playing games like "super mario bros" which can be fun for a few minutes but then I just loose interest. So in all I don't like Wii, and I'm equally between xbox 360 and playstation 3.

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Still though no matter what i would still prefer the PS3 since it has better graphics. It also last longer than the Xbox.

They have the same graphics buddy.. they both hold 1080 P or are capable of that (depending on T.V.) But they PS3 can play blue-ray which is sweet. and I love the PS3 disk slot rather than the stupid 360's disk tray...
360's online service though, is unbeatable.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

They have the same graphics buddy..

For me and i use to have both until my xbox broke but I compared them and the PS3 graphics are a little clearer and more realistic.
I recently just played on the new xbox 360s my brother just bought and I still have to say the PS3 graphics are still a little better.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

I like the disk tray on the PS3 too and the blue ray makes it even better with the clarity. With the 360s' disk tray i notice that some of my games get scratched.

360's online service though, is unbeatable.

Yes i agree the 360s' online is way better than the PS3s' online.
I just like not having to pay to play and that is why i choose the PS3.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I love the PS3 disk slot rather than the stupid 360's disk tray...

Wow that was a fail quote the quote was suppose to say what i just posted above this sentence.

I was going to say go to this site To see the graphics and compare them.
epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

also the 360 has the "Red Ring of Death" or whatever and no other systems will get that i only own a wii but imma get a ps3 soon and the main reason 360's were selling the most is probably becuz of halo 3 and halo reach also u dont have to pay 2 play on the other unlike the xbox 360 so while im playing black ops for free ur paying money out of ur butts to play it x3

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

With the 360s' disk tray i notice that some of my games get scratched.

Oh I'vve scratched 3 cd's so far its pissed me off. I still don't know why the 360 hadn't adopted the PS3's slot.
just like not having to pay to play and that is why i choose the PS3.

I feel ya there. 50-60 bucks a year is not chump change.. well for me, being 17...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I feel ya there. 50-60 bucks a year is not chump change.. well for me,

That is one of the reasons I prefer the PS3. I'm only 15 and I don't have a job so I can't afford to buy the Xbox live. I do have money though but I rather not pay to play.
I would rather just buy a new game or another controller.

Oh I'vve scratched 3 cd's so far its pissed me off. I still don't know why the 360 hadn't adopted the PS3's slot.

Microsoft is just so cheap so they won't change everything on the console.
I honestly think it should of been on the new Xbox they made.

Another problem I have with the Xbox is the controllers. Why didn't they just make it like the PS3's controller?
Now every time the battery runs out you have to buy more unless you buy one of those rechargeable things, which is giving more money to Microsoft.

If you look at it the PS3 is a way better deal. The controllers don't need batteries and also you don't have to pay for online play. From my experience it last longer too.
epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

basically when u play for 360 u have to continually dish out the cash in order to KEEP playing(excluding buying the games of course)

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

I honestly think it should of been on the new Xbox they made.

They actually spoke about it, but didn't follow through...
Another problem I have with the Xbox is the controllers. Why didn't they just make it like the PS3's controller?

Now every time the battery runs out you have to buy more unless you buy one of those rechargeable things, which is giving more money to Microsoft.

Pretty smart for Bungie eh? I hate wireless anyways, no skin off my back. Wired controllers ftw!
Well thats kind of oppinion, I like the controller layout for the Xbox. Always have, I can't stand the close in, parrallel tthumb sticks on the PS3's.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I can't stand the close in, parrallel tthumb sticks on the PS3's.

I can't stand that either but I've gotten use to playing on the PS3's little controller and the triggers are bad for shooting games.

I like the controller layout for the Xbox.

I like the layout too for the Xbox controller. Mainly because it sits in my hands very good, unlike the PS3 controller and the triggers are better for shooter games.

If Microsoft were too fix the disk tray, controllers, and the internet price I would get one.
By the controllers I mean fix them were there like the PS3 ones were you don't have batteries.
powuhas
powuhas
40 posts
Nomad

the ps3 and the xbox 360 is pretty much the same ecxept the ps3 is a bit better, but its more expensive.

payne2008
payne2008
12 posts
Nomad

I personally prefer PS3 because I have been through 3 360's with the same problem I give up on microsoft

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I personally prefer PS3 because I have been through 3 360's with the same problem I give up on microsoft

I prefer the PS3 too for the reasons I've posted in the previous pages.

Microsoft is OK. Not the best way to go, but they do have some great exclusives. My brother has the newer version of the 360 and so far It's been running great.
MANOFSKILL
MANOFSKILL
10 posts
Nomad

ps3 is better...........wii or ds are dumb.... miis are only fun when you're drunk.

Showing 1816-1830 of 5032