The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474626
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
jmf1497
jmf1497
6 posts
Nomad

The 360 is the best without a doubt. It is what everyone grew up on and has the biggest variety of games than any other gaming system.

HannahFromThere
HannahFromThere
1 posts
Nomad

The Wii gets boring after some time.
The Xbox seems to be interesting, after all you can talk to people online.
I've never heard much about the PS3, not many people I know have it.
I'd have to go for the 360.

perphekt
perphekt
10 posts
Nomad

I think all the sytems are worth playing for certain games. Wii, i enjoy for the bowling and sports. 360 now for the new Kinect that it came out with, which is brilliant.

But my vote goes to the Playstation 3. I'm a sony gal for one, but the fact you can play online free, it comes with a blueray dvd AND has wireless already built in it. That and comparing the way the ps3 and xbox 360 are built... hands down ps3 is sturdier. It doesnt feel like a cheap plastic machine ready to bust with the slightest touch.

How often have you heard of Wii and/or ps3 crashing and burning? Guarenteed not as much as the crashbox 360

Playstation 3 gets my vote by far. Wii isn't far behind and the 360 last.

Zedjawiz
Zedjawiz
6 posts
Nomad

yes i have a wii and ill go for the wii but i know that the xbox360 is better

jtwninja
jtwninja
4 posts
Nomad

My wii is busted with some stupid laser problem and it wont read the discs so id go with xbox 360

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I would like to sum up all my ideas on this topic.

I look at the Xbox as a FPS system. Mainly since the controller looks like it was built for FPS games and the online is better then the other two.

I look at the PS3 as a home entertainment system that can play games. The web browser is great, blu-ray for superb graphics and movies, online gaming is second best and it's free. Though it will cut out at times. I don't have a giant problem with it.

I see the Wii as something that involves exercise for people that are too lazy to go outside. Of course the system is great and fun. But it's only that way when you play with family/friends. If you play by yourself then I can't see enjoyment with it.
I'd say you don't need a system for exercise. It's convenient and all, but parents need to make their kids more active instead of just buying them a system to hope for activeness.

PS3 pros:
-better graphics
-controller that doesn't require batteries
-free online gameplay
-better disk tray
-some better exclusive games
-low failure rate

PS3 cons:
-online is not as good as Xbox live
-controller is smaller
-smaller range of exclusive games

Xbox pros:
-Bigger controller
-better online gaming
-wider range of exclusive games

Xbox cons:
-controllers require batteries
-higher failure rate
-have to pay for online
-disk tray scratches the games

Wii pros:
-great family/friend fun
-disk tray is the same as PS3's
-lowest failure rate out of the three
-great exclusive games

Wii cons:
-PS2 graphics
(that's the only bad thing that I can say for the Wii)

Out of all the three I love them all, but I chose the PS3 just for all the extra features, better hardware, etc...

Hardware: Xbox360 for PS3.
Failure rate for all three consoles.
Wii dominates in sales.

Online for 12 months $60. Batteries for controller 10$ for a pack of 20. Wired controller $40 for one(if you want to have fun with friends or family you will need to buy more and that increases the price). Play and charge kit $20.(that was for the wireless controller.) Cooling fan $20(so your Xbox won't overheat.) 250GB internal hardrive $130(if you bought the system without the memory.)
When you add all that up. You could've just bought a PS3 and avoid all that money wasting.

Great exclusives for the PS3:
Infamous
Resistance series
Metal gear solid series
Heavy Rain
SOCOM
Little big planet
God of war series
Yakuza
Ninja Gaiden series
Uncharted series
Killzone series
Rachet and Clank

Great exclusives for the Xbox360:
Forza
Gears of war
Halo
Crackdown
Fable
Left for dead
Splinter cell
Mass Effect
Alan Wake

Great exclusives for the Wii:
Super Mario galaxy 2
Epic Mickey
Monster Hunter Tri
EA sports active
The family/friend games
Most of the Mario/Sonic games.

Most of the games on Kinect aren't even that fun. Of course Microsoft has some games that are fun but most are just there.

The move has some good games. . . but I wouldn't invest in either the move nor Kinect yet.

The Wii is the best if you want motion gaming. I suggest you wait a little more time for better games on the Kinect/Move to be released.

The design:
I know the Xbox came out first, I preferred the first design. Then the PS3 came out with a different design with touch sensitive buttons and it was glossy. The first Xbox wasn't, then Microsoft made the new Xbox. And it just basically copied the old PS3's design for having the touch sensitive buttons and it was glossy. I really liked the old Xbox because it wasn't a fingerprint magnet. All Xbox could've done was just make it touch sensitive and keep the normal black matte design instead of making it glossy.

For the people out there that complain about the Xbox360's online gameplay to be too expensive, don't do that!
The online gameplay is the best out of all three and it's not expensive. It's only five dollars a month. I would recommend though getting the gold subscription of fifty dollars for a year since it'll save you money and time.

For the people that complain that the Wii is a piece of junk, don't do that!
The Wii is marvelous for playing with family/friends. Much better then PS3 and Xbox360. Those are more like individual systems. Don't say that the Wii is just for children either! The system supports a wide range of teen/mature games.

For the people that say that the PS3's online is garbage, don't do that! It might not compare to that of the Xbox's online gameplay, but it's up there. It might be a little slow at times getting disconnected, but it's alright. Just connect yourself back into the game!

The Xbox 360 250Gb cost 299.99
The PS3 160GB cost 299.99
But you can just buy the PS3 320GB for 349.99 at game stop.
I think the PS3 would get way more sales if they made a 250GB for 299.99 like Microsoft has and make the 160GB price like 249.99. Right there I think Sony would rack up a lot more sales.
Personally I would just buy the Xbox 360 4GB for 199.99 because I don't need all that extra memory.
On the PS3 if you want more memory you can just get a 500GB net-book hard-drive from Best-Buy that only cost around $100-200. Instead of paying Microsoft $100 for their specific hard-drive that'll only hold about 120GB.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Most of the games on Kinect aren't even that fun. Of course Microsoft has some games that are fun but most are just there.

DUDE! Kinect Sports is pretty wild and fun! The whole thought of no controller is so cool! Nothing beats playing in real life though, but its the closest thing so far.

I think the PS3 would get way more sales if they made a 250GB for 299.99 like Microsoft has and make the 160GB price like 249.99. Right there I think Sony would rack up a lot more sales.

Lets just get the point across that all 3 of these companies are multi billiaonaire companys. There is always enough money that these 3 companys make.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Lets just get the point across that all 3 of these companies are multi billiaonaire companys. There is always enough money that these 3 companys make.

Indeed.
But, they have to think about the customers as well. If they were to do what I said in the above post then it would more beneficial to them then how it is now. They would be getting a far bigger amount of money for just deducting $50 dollars off a console.
Kinect Sports is pretty wild and fun!

I know.
Of course Microsoft has some games that are fun
Super1Gamer
Super1Gamer
3 posts
Nomad

i like the playstation 3 because he has got my favourite games like dragon ball raging blastand others

Krosfire
Krosfire
4 posts
Peasant

wii can give you and your friends lot of fun. PS3 has wonderful graphic and possibility to play (good)games from older versions, x box is cheaper. Honestly i prefer ps3!!

tank7013
tank7013
9 posts
Peasant

All of the systems are excellent(you have absolutely no idea how mad I get at people that trash systems they don't like). Considering the Nintendo's lack of violent games (Madworld and House of the Dead are acknowledged. And leave that Oninchanbara or whatever game out of this, really. Bikini Zombie Slayers? What sad man thought that up?.)And the fact that my X-box has broken, twice, I would have to say the PS3 has my vote.

WeZG
WeZG
54 posts
Nomad

Even though i only have a wii i think it is the worst out of the 3. Its great if your getting it for little kids but if you r 10 or older definitly go for xbox 360 or ps3...you should probably go with the xbox tho

CODgamer
CODgamer
9 posts
Nomad

PS3 [b]BY FAR [i]the best online gaming and the picture looks great on any tv. NO sensor placement to worry about and the controls are NOT as confusing to me. So its better BY ALOT.

(P.S.) I looked online and the PS4 comes out in a YEAR!! :[ But the wait will probably be worth it!!! :]

sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

DUDE! Kinect Sports is pretty wild and fun! The whole thought of no controller is so cool! Nothing beats playing in real life though, but its the closest thing so far.

NO... kinect actually sucks really bad. wii is better than kinect. actually PS move is the best
cheeze123
cheeze123
22 posts
Shepherd

PS3 all the way. If you want to talk about the console themselves, IGN did a comparison of the PS3 and Xbox 360, and they graded both on 10 categories (Cpu, gpu, hard drive, disk drive, network, backwards compatibility, stuff like that), and the PS3 got 7 out of 10 of those categories. But if you look at games, then that's a matter of perspective and reference of the player. I think the PS3 have a better library of exclusive games (LittleBIGPlanet, Demon's Souls, Resistance, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank), and also video quality on the PS3 is much better.

Showing 2131-2145 of 5032