The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474543
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

[i]Xbox. way better online features

really... name one. Please. I see this written all the time by every xbox fan boy out there but still have yet to see one example that actually holds water... The only online feature i see is when your playing nazi zombies and it constantly kicks you out because there are apparently no available hosts.. Other than that its exactly the same as ps3, with an added bonus of paying 50 dollars a year. Sure you get the people that pay for online, doesn't mean there better at all. They could be paying for a different game altogether, or even just paying so they can every now and then play online with buds. Don't give the 50 dollars makes the online so much better... It doesn't. Ps3 offers the exact same servers that the game companies provide. The only advantage xbox 360 has online at this very moment is getting cod maps a month earlier.. Good way to waste 50 bucks, so you can spend 15 extra bucks a month earlier =). Ps3 when you pay for online you get exlusives. Free games, cheaper map packs, free add ons to other games... As for graphics, its fact that ps3's is better. Its not some fantasy thing every ps3 fanboy makes up. All italics sourced from IGNs comparison.
The two CPU chips run at the same GHz speed, but the PS3's seven individual cores beat out the Xbox's three dual-threaded cores. And in terms of performance measured in gigaflops, the PS3 tops out at nearly three times that of the Xbox.

So yeah its not something made up. Its nearly 3 times superior..

As for Ram:
Once again, the Xbox's total amount of RAM is slightly misleading, as the system RAM and video RAM are shared. The PS3's XDR RAM is also far more fast and efficient than the Xbox's GDDR3 RAM, running at a speed of 3.2 GHz compared to 700 MHz.

Final bandwidth numbers prove PS3 is the victor in this category.

Hard drives:
However, the PS3's true advantage is its support of standard 2.5" SATA notebook hard drives. Users can upgrade the PS3's hard drive with drives that have higher capacities and faster rpm speeds, while the Xbox only supports Microsoft's proprietary HDD model.

Disc drive, and disc speed:
While the PS3's disc drive runs somewhat slower than the Xbox's, it does offer the significantly higher storage capacity that comes with Blu-ray. Current PS3 discs have 25 GB to offer, and a new dual layer format is in the works that may increase this number to 33.4 GB. For most gamers, this storage boost will be far more important than read speed.

Video Support:
With both the current models of both consoles now including standard HDMI ports, the Xbox and PS3 are largely comparable when it comes to video connections. The PS3 outclasses the Xbox in terms of maximum resolution.

While the Xbox's menu screens support 1080p display, Microsoft only requires its games to support 720p. The PS3 features a significant number of games that support 1080p. That's to say nothing of the PS3's support for Blu-ray movies and the growing focus on 3D gaming.

Sound quality:
For gamers relaying on analog sound connections, the Xbox has the advantage of offering Dolby Pro-Logic II in addition to standard stereo. But for those with digital connections, the PS3 wins the day by offering both 5.1 Dolby Digital surround and 7.1 LPCM surround.

Connectivity:
The current PS3 Slim has two USB ports compared to the Xbox's three. Additionally, Sony has removed the Compact Flash and SD card support seen in older models while the Xbox offers support for memory units that can transfer game data and saves.

Despite these advantages on the Xbox, the PS3 still emerges victorious in this category thanks to its support for Bluetooth 2.0.

Xbox of course has backwards capability... But i have all three sony systems, and found no real need for this...

Sooo there you go, thats why ps3 owns xbox, in more ways then one.

nawikipedia
nawikipedia
3 posts
Nomad

I vote for the Playstation 3.
the PS3 have the "move" contriler- so it can function like WII games and it`s have better quality than the WII and a conection to the internet, so i think it`s better.
Playstation 3 V.S. XBox 360...
I prefer the PS3 because the game controller is more comfortable and I can hold it better. but it`s only my oppinion. i guess the battle betwin Microsoft and Sony willend when the first company will publish her next game console. until then- Playstation3 ROCKS!!!

jpcarp123
jpcarp123
4 posts
Nomad

i go with xbox360. it has way better graphics than the wii and ps3.

jpcarp123
jpcarp123
4 posts
Nomad

the ps3 also copied the wii remote, but the xbox360 didnt copy anything

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

And another xbox fanboy... Read what i wrote, not even 3 comments before yours... Its not even close... Sorry... You might like the system better... But the graphics aren't nearly as good.

teddybear8820
teddybear8820
2 posts
Nomad

Xbox first and then wii and the ps3 I hate it

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

ps3 I hate it

Lolwhy?

Nah, the PS3 has the blu-ray player and the graphics are slightly better than the Xbox. But, does it really matter how good or bad the graphics are on each console? I thought consoles were for playing games, not for looking at the picture quality. Of course graphics are nice, but I like the game quality better.
the ps3 also copied the wii remote, but the xbox360 didnt copy anything

Lolno.
There are no dibs in marketing.
Also, yes Microsoft did. Read a few pages back when I posted a link. Nintendo had the movement thing out first.
tails7815
tails7815
9 posts
Nomad

PS3 is awesome wii is more of a family console but xbox 360 well that just sucks i mean who whats to pay to go online i wish you could get halo for wii or ps3

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I used to have an XBOX360 but the halo games werent as good as the Resistance franchise plus my xbox wasnt very good since i bought everything took care of it then 7 months before christhmas it breaks soI try out the PS3 wich turned out to be better and cheaper even though the price as high it was worth it for blu ray and free online

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

well sony will be realeasing a new hand held wich will be able to play PS games with high definition and call of duty games will be available plus it will have touch screen and has Xbox made any portable devises that can stand up to it no PS srry for going off topic but xbox has made way to many new XBOX's

dano452
dano452
3 posts
Nomad

playstation because thats wht i gerw up with.

2cupflour
2cupflour
1 posts
Nomad

which ever remote vibrates more

sephirath007
sephirath007
45 posts
Nomad

xbox rules

YEEEEAAAAAAAH GO XBOX!!!! HALO REACH!!!!
superwhite420
superwhite420
24 posts
Nomad

I like the xbox better for the small fact that it was the one i could afford. I played the consol a long time and i also played the Ps3. I have to say that by sheer playability, the xbox is much better. I know what ou'll say, "o because you arent used to the ps3 controller!", but i played ps2 games all my life until 14 and then switched to xbox. the xbox controller took less than a few seconds to understand, but when i tried to go back to ps3, it took hours for my hands to get the right configuration

NOOB1337
NOOB1337
2 posts
Nomad

I agree with superwhite420.
I find that the 360 controllers make my hands comfy while I play.

Another thing:

The XBOX 360 has avatars that you can customize!

There are more and better games on the platform.

Yes, the PS3 has Blu-Ray, but still, the 360 can play stuff like that as well!

As for the Wii, it is the ideal family platform, but there are WAY less games on it than PS3 and the XBOX 360.

I own the three.

For the PS3, I would say that it costs more than it is worth.

Yes, the XBOX 360 costs the have XBOX LIVE, but, hey?
It is worth it!

The XBOX 360 has Kinect, and Kinect is the only one outta those three that does not require you holding somethin'.

Conclusion:

I think that it depends on...
YOU!
If you do not like...
Stuff...?
Then the PS3 is for YOU!

If you are the family kinda person...
Then the Wii is for YOU!

The XBOX 360 wins my opinion.
YOU do not have do hate or like anythin' to like the XBOX 360...

XBOX 360

- NOOB1337

Showing 2221-2235 of 5032