The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474174
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360, cuz it truly has the best games ever created for it, I.E. Halo series, borderlands, etc. And the games are very well made
First of all, Borderlands is available on PS#. And secondly, In two years when the contract between Bungie and Microsoft is up, Halo will more than likely move to PS3. And lastly: Uncharted, Killzone, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo, MAG, God of War, Resistance, Burnout,Portal 2(Not exclusive but its a better version of the game), Mortal Combat,Heavy Rain, Metal Gear, Mod Nation Racers, and much more. Xbox has... lets see, uhh... Halo and Gears of War... those are the only good exclusives on it.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

PS#

I meant PS3...
haxxattack
haxxattack
3 posts
Nomad

there, i've posted in a forum

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Sony and Microsoft both only love your wallet.
At least Sony has good customer service, if you get the YLOD(Which is A LOT more rare than the RROD) and you send it to Sony, you get it back in one to two weeks, with the RROD it takes MS one to two MONTHS to return it.
njarvis10
njarvis10
110 posts
Nomad

playstation

EddsworldTM
EddsworldTM
2 posts
Nomad

Playstation is the better ideal device. it contains a blu-ray player hardware drive less bouttons less confusing better graphics. however the new ps3 does not play ps2 game discs. however you can purchase ps1 games from the ps store. it has a better online interaction system too. ps home.

EpicArmor
EpicArmor
1 posts
Nomad

Lol by far the Xbox360 is the best because the kinect can copy the Wii I dont know about the Play Station 3 but, Xbox has my fav games: Call of Duty and Halo.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

They are equal, despite their difference.

They are equal but have differences? That makes no sense.
This topic seems more and more pointless

You don't have to post in it if you don't want to.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

PS3 would be the obvious Choice, considering Xbox doesn't have any exclusives. Don't believe me? You can get any Xbox game on PC... any of them. You can't get any game from my before mentioned list of PS3 exclusives and where but on the PS3.

NetherRevenant
NetherRevenant
5 posts
Nomad

this is a difficult topic, as each of the systems has it's own pros and cons. some of these accomplishments and faults are easy to notice, others are not. some of the more obvious ones will be stated in the text fallowing this:

Xbox360:
Pros!: first of all, its cheap to buy one (this may have changed since i bought mine, but when i got mine it was cheaper then the PS3), and it came with a 3-year warranty (good in case your machine falls to hardware issues, see "Cons&quot,it has many great games that give players many thousands of hours of fun, large community allowing for diverse multiplayer for people of all skill levels (the new-comers to the pros, Xbox has it all!), and this is complimented by the fact its the only console gaming system I've seen to have controllers meant for those above the age of 11 (unless you had giant friggen hands when you were 11, like i did) and its nearly impossible to press two buttons at once. the dashboard categories allow for getting up to date on some of the more prevalent advances in the gaming industry, which can be helpful to those not willing to go to the internet to find info on hot games, or are just oblivious to the fact hot games are on the market(me)....(I'm oblivious to most hot games on the market, not saying that I'm a hot game on the market, sorry for any confusion )

Cons: this is the sad part about the Xbox360... despite its many wonderful pros, it has many more then annoying cons to go with it. first of all, the internet capabilities come with a fee, about $50-$60 will come out of your bank account/ credit card/ wallet each year in order to play games online through Xbox Live Gold, not to mention the first few sets of Xbox360s sold seemed to have some hardware issues, which caused much sadness for people who had their machines fall to the RRoD(red ring of death) which can be very annoying and even expensive to repair (before 3-year warranty and the refund on some machine's repairs done by Microsoft in 2007, after numerous accounts of RRoD) also, it cannot play blue-ray DVDs... this is bad for some people, but i never really saw it as a obstetrical.

Playstation3 (note: i do not have one of these, so i am not completely sure if all information i will give is correct, please excuse any minor issues with the data, and if you would be so kind as to point them out to me on my profile, i would greatly appreciate the feedback, thank you)

Pros!: first things first... a large 40-80 gigabyte harddrive FREE INTERNET CAPABILITIES! (this doesn't mean you don't get a internet bill ;D ) this has to be the best thing about the PS3, as it allows for competitive online gameplay without the cost of say, Xbox Live's $60 a year... or 120 if you buy it by the month. Far better hardware then the Xbox360 that doesn't crash or get the dreaded *shudders* RRoD. another good thing is the fact most of the PS3 games are ecxlusive... execpt the ones that are on almost all platforms (CoD, FF13, ect.) and it has far less... well... the only analogy i can use for some games ive seen on the market involves fishing. ever go fishing and get a large bass? well, some games are like that. other games are essentially getting boots, trash you wouldnt want to spend five bucks on. the PS3 can also support Blu-Ray DVD, good for those who buy movies. the PS3 has great graphics and gameplay quality even better graphics for games and even LOOKS better (small, black, glossy, and easy to store... no inappropriate comments required about this statement)

Cons: the PS3 has less cons then the Xbox360, but it still has cons... the first con is the price of the machine... its like getting a mac instead of a windows (WORTH IT!). the other cons include but are not limited to: no output headphone jack, less games then Xbox (even if some of the Xbox ones it doesnt have are trash) the tiny controllers... this is one of the reasons some people i know dont have PS3, they can never get used to the small controllers (does anyone know if there are larger ones for sale? post feedback on my profile) and i dont know if this counts as a major con, but it lacks one of my favorite games, Halo2,3 and reach.

The Nintendo Wii...

Pros!: this console was the first to use motion sensory technology using the Wii-motes and ALL games are system exclusive. the Wii has many fun games that are suitable for all ages, and some that are fun, but not for all ages. some examples of good family friendly games for the Wii are: Kirby's Epic Yarn(played it, found it cute, but not challenging... clearly a game for the children) and Super Smash Bros Brawl(the best they've made so far, i admit to having fun playing this). the wii also has free internet capabilities.

Cons...: the Wii is good and all, but i have some issues with it, for example: tiny controllers! I'm a tall guy, and i have large hands. I'm not fat or anything, but these buttons are so small! its better then the PS3 in the fact the buttons are spaced, but i just cant get used to it(not as much as a con for people with small hands) the internet is interesting in the fact that it lets you browse openly, but in that matter it is very slow... like a turtle with no legs.

sorry if any content in this post is offensive or can be considered flaming, but this is my personal opinion. anyone who notices a mistake is free to correct me by posting the mistake and the correction on my profile (please no random swear words fallowed by a series of numbers and terms slightly related to the topic, thank you, but i only want constructive criticism, trolling is not appreciated)

Also... i know i did not awesner which one i believe is the best out of the three, but this is not without reason. i do not believe i can openly judge this when i have never actually used a PS3 for more then ten minutes at a friends house while waiting for Pizza to come. but if i MUST give a awenser, i would go with this:

First Place!!! Playstation Three for it's amazing hardware, dispite the major flaw in controller disign

Second place!!: Xbox360 for its amazing competitive multiplayer!

Third Place! the Nintindo Wii, for its lack of "good" games geared towards my age group. well, i guess it DOES have CoD now... but its just not the same... not the same...

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

less games then Xbox
the first con is the price of the machine...
The only games that the Xbox has that the PS3 doesn't are Halo and Gears of War. As for the price, my family bought our 250GB console for $299, same price as the Xbox 360 Elite for the same HDD space.
D_Rave
D_Rave
3 posts
Nomad

I own a Wii, even though I believe that PS3 has the best graphics. Therefore, it should be the best system out there, especially if you want games like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Mortal Kombat 9. ^^

nicksnotflaccid
nicksnotflaccid
2 posts
Nomad

Never again will anything be made thats as great as the Sega Dreamcast. But I would have to choose PS3. It may not yet have some features like the 360 has like playing music while playing a game. You don't have to pay a yearly fee to get online either. But I feel like i come across less 8 year olds online when playing online games on my PS3.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

And don't you guys think the Xbox demos are not as good as PS3 demos? Xbox is timed and PS3 is short?

Thowra
Thowra
31 posts
Nomad

PS3 has great graphics, it may have less games but they're all high res graphics. Plus it doubles as a blue ray player

Showing 2581-2595 of 5032