The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473571
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You still didn't define "serious gamer". From saying "serious gamers" have PS3's and Xbox 360's, that's implying the Wii isn't for "serious gamers". Why do you think that?

dumbbutdeadly2189
dumbbutdeadly2189
113 posts
Nomad

Wii doesn't have MLG

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

You still didn't define "serious gamer". From saying "serious gamers" have PS3's and Xbox 360's, that's implying the Wii isn't for "serious gamers". Why do you think that?

I'm with GOM, if you play any console enough, then you're a gamer.
What does the term "Serious gamer" even mean.
I play board games religiously. They're games. Airgo - Serious gamer?
BRING ON THE CHECKERS.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Really?

Even though it's 3 pages old:

To me, yes.

BRING ON THE CHECKERS.

That's "Serious gaming", eh? Couldn't agree more.
Tamally
Tamally
157 posts
Nomad

Now i dont mean to pick sides but in my opinion X-box is alot better
ppl say that you have to pay so it sucks, but honestly its pretty sad if you cant pay $60 every year lol

dumbbutdeadly2189
dumbbutdeadly2189
113 posts
Nomad

the fact is Wii isn't in the same league as Xbox360 and PS3. Its to different. Its a great system for what it does and that is why I left it out of my first comment. My point was that since 2006 people have had this argument and made the same points when really they both have the same amount of pro's and con's. You can pick apart my first comment as much as you like but don't veer from the point I was making. I have a PS3 and love it but I get tired of the lag. I'm 15 years old and can't afford LIVE and my parents won't pay for it. I have a job but I use that money for important things because my parents are old fashion and make me buy non necessities with my own money. I like the Wii but not enough to buy one. I'v played them all and researched them all and Xbox and PS3 are equal and the Wii is a different category.

Tamally
Tamally
157 posts
Nomad

you know what, you make a good point... wii is completley diferent and for ppl like you and me who dont have the money for x-box live (my perrents pay for mine) we have to use ps3 ( i have both) but as you said ps3 has the lag thats y i play x-box most of the time

kingnothing613
kingnothing613
3 posts
Nomad

i love my Xbox 360. i like the feel of game play with the controller and the live is so great that i don't mind paying for it. as for graphics i really dont see a difference.

Tamally
Tamally
157 posts
Nomad

actually i say the same thing, everyone says ps3 has better graphics, but the graphics arnt based on the console, its the creators of the game who make the quality of the graphics, ps3 ppl, just cant except that x-box is mostly smoother with the online server and that we have better exclusives like halo, (and we get the cod map packs first cuz microsoft makes sony look dumb

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Wii doesn't have MLG

Major League Gaming. Just because it doesn't have that doesn't mean it isn't for "serious gamers".
the fact is Wii isn't in the same league as Xbox360 and PS3.

>Next generation console
>Has many games that are on the Xbox 360 and PS3
>Has many features that are on the Xbox 360 and PS3
>Has more sales then the Xbox 360 and PS3.
Yes it is.
You can pick apart my first comment as much as you like but don't veer from the point I was making.

Your point doesn't really matter since you didn't explain anything in your first post. It's similar to a fanboy saying "the PS3 is great". Uh, why is it great? They reply "Not my point". Yep, sure.
I'v played them all and researched them all and Xbox and PS3 are equal and the Wii is a different category.

Explain why the are equal and why the Wii is in a different category. Here you go again not explaining things, it's like commenting about something you don't know about.
define the term " Serious gamer" when that was completely irrelevant to my point.

When you say something about specific consoles then later don't define what you mean, of course you'll get people asking about it. It's like me saying the PS3 is for serious gamers! Then someone asks for me to define it, I don't, then I complain in another thread about someone asking me about it.
someone who has like thousands of posts and act like they've seen it all.

It's because I've seen most, if not all the arguments used in this thread.
Most of there posts say stuff like. "no", "Yes", "good point" , etc.

Yeah, no. I point it out to certain things in posts so they know where they are wrong, to enlighten them on things. I've never posted "good point" or "yes" to people on things, only "no" because they are wrong. That's so they actually do some research before posting that garbage. Also, I usually explain why they are wrong, and if not, I will if they question it.
IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

I love the Xbox 360 mainly because of Halo. But also because the online gameplay is smoother.

HydroPhilly
HydroPhilly
4 posts
Nomad

I'd have to pick PS3, and I own an Xbox 360.
Reasons:
1. I like a lot of the games you can only get on PS3, like
"God of War 3".
2. PS3's live is free which is nice, compared to $9.99 per month.
3. Finally , I really just like the slick look. (:P)

Tamally
Tamally
157 posts
Nomad

not really that good of a reason i mean the exclusives for x-box are good to like halo, and gears of war and you cant pay $60 a year for internet? cheap much and the x-box halo reach limited edition slim looks absolutly epic js

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

not really that good of a reason i mean the exclusives for x-box are good to like halo, and gears of war and you cant pay $60 a year for internet? cheap much and the x-box halo reach limited edition slim looks absolutly epic js

The only good exclusives for xbox are halo and gears.. And ever since I played gears 3 I laughed to hard, cuz they screwed the whole series over with that one game. It sucks. PS3 has too many exclusive games that xbox can't even try and compete with. Drakes fortune series, infamous 1 and 2, motorstorm, resistance series, ratchet and clank series, Final fantasy (which was ps3 and pc interlinked online play)... Not to mention I keep seeing you mention the online is smoother for xbox.. Sorry bud, not even close. I don't know how many times I play at my friends house and the lag is so bad that i have to shoot around the person im aiming to hit them.. Not to mention the fact that no one can play nazi zombies because the servers on xbox blow chunks.. Xbox uses the worst connection to host so everyone can play, because of the 60 dollars a year... PS3 always uses the best connection for a host. Microsoft paid millions of dollars to have map packs a month earlier, which no one really cares about.. Congrats thow, You get to spend your 15bucks earlier for 3 ****ty maps, and a good nazi zombie map (which you can't play because of crappy hosting ishues). Xbox fanboys are the only ones saying that xbox online is better because there paying for it... Not true. Your paying for it because your wasting your money because your with a greedy corporation who doesn't care about its customers. If xbox ever goes down, it'll make you pay more for online for the new security sevices it is offering. Not to mention how many accounts get hacked on xbox, and microsoft doesn't give a crap..

Tamally
Tamally
157 posts
Nomad

ok, you sir are dumb... almost everything you said there was crap i cant stand the ps3 lag it just sucks i play cod zombies everyday and ive rarley got lag only when i was host and my internet is being used alot by the 3 other computers using it and it still barly lags, and yes gears 3 wasent as good as the others but it was still an exelant game

Showing 3121-3135 of 5032