The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473523
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

K this is the best information I could find regarding the actual system software difference between the xbox 360 and ps3. Before people start making up there own ideas and saying it as facts, actually read this article.. Because you'll succeed in looking stupid and ignorant otherwise.

As for all these comments regarding the wii. I mean I personally think it was a good system, just too many gaming companies took advantage of nintendo and made there system look obsolete. I personally think that nintendo should get rid of those companies, and just not allow those games to be sold on there market, because they are basically complete crap. Although when you do find those good games that were well made for the wii they are actually quite fun. I can agree with one thing though. The graphic quality on a wii is no where near that of a ps3 or xbox. But they weren't designing a system based on graphics, they were designing it for family fun, which is the major reason why wii is top in sales. Personally I don't think its the best system out there, but if you were basing your ideas off of sales, then yes wii far outnumbers xbox and ps3 in the sales department.

For this whole graphics ordeal. The xbox does support 1080p, but only for the menu screen. The games are only 720, therefore ps3 still has the advantage with graphics with its 1080i... Not to mention the blu-ray capabilities on the ps3..

Now most debates over ps3 vs xbox 360 graphics come from playing black ops, which is the biggest downfall for the battle over graphic engines. First off COD has horrible graphics. It was topped at MW2 (which was still pretty crappy) and then took a huge downfall when moving onto black ops. Its unreliable to say well black ops looks better on xbox than ps3... or vise versa.. Its actually the exact same. Crappy.

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

I have both, and i don't pay attention to what IGN has to say. Every person is different. Im saying what I think about the systems. I find the controller is better to use with the xbox, its also more capable of taking a beating. The ps3 controller breaks easily and if dropped is very fragile.
Xbox 360 COD wise has better load times, and doesn't lag as much. I find that the ps3 on the other hand constantly goes into host migration because wifi is free, and all it needs is a faint signal to play.
Although a cool idea is to mix the systems. Which will end console wars.
They will share profit, and will probably come out with the best system yet. And yes black ops failed hardcore. Modern Warfare was the best cod. But thats not what this thread is about now is it?

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

The ps3 controller breaks easily and if dropped is very fragile.
I got pissed when I lost a high roller wager match, chucked my PS3 controller extremely hard at the wall, it still works... better than an Xbox controller works brand new, none of that disconnecting bullcrap.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

There are other controllers for XBox, like forza... They are way better than the default controller that you have imo.
I'm talking from a system vs. system standpoint, no extras, just the stalk system.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

I'm talking from a system vs. system standpoint, no extras, just the stock system.
Fix'd.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

It was topped at MW2 (which was still pretty crappy) and then took a huge downfall when moving onto black ops.

I find that I enjoy the Black Ops graphics better than MW2 and I think they are actually alot better. MW2, everything is just so, shiny and reflective (every video I see has like a whitey outline around the players in bright maps).
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

I got pissed when I lost a high roller wager match, chucked my PS3 controller extremely hard at the wall, it still works... better than an Xbox controller works brand new, none of that disconnecting bullcrap.

Maybe you shouldn't rage so much. I've had the same controller since the halo 3 days. Its because i don't throw my things around like a chew toy. My cousin has a ps3 and he demolishes his ps3.

I find that I enjoy the Black Ops graphics better than MW2 and I think they are actually alot better. MW2, everything is just so, shiny and reflective (every video I see has like a whitey outline around the players in bright maps).

Have you seen the gun graphic difference?!
Here i'll show you.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100901060828/callofduty/images/thumb/2/21/Tar21rds_6.png/510px-Tar21rds_6.png
http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/C/Call%20of%20Duty%20Black%20Ops/Bulk%20Viewers/PS3%20360%20PC/2010-11-09/Cracked_MP_Famas--article_image.jpg

Look at the difference.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

http://www.fpsvideogamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/modern-warfare-2-mp-screenshot.jpg
http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/images/games/cod-black-ops-20.jpg

I like the smoothness of the BO graphics.

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Maybe you shouldn't rage so much. I've had the same controller since the halo 3 days. Its because i don't throw my things around like a chew toy. My cousin has a ps3 and he demolishes his ps3.
I don't normally... it was like 3 AM and I was on a major losing streak.
XxSurgedxX
XxSurgedxX
13 posts
Nomad

360 is simply the best.

why cuz of Halo ^^

Wii shouldn't have come out, they should've waited until they upgraded their graphics and than release it.

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

I like the smoothness of the BO graphics.
I agree, Black Ops seems more realistic while MW2 looks more stylized and pseudo-realistic.
XxSurgedxX
XxSurgedxX
13 posts
Nomad

[quote]I agree, Black Ops seems more realistic while MW2 looks more stylized and pseudo-realistic.

But MW2 is much more funner.

BO has more realism but that's not the point of games.

Games are supposed to be fun which MW2 does well.
BO is fun but I find MW2 much more fun.

XxSurgedxX
XxSurgedxX
13 posts
Nomad

sorry, I failed at using the quote.... much more easier where I came from. There was a quote button on the user and you could click and it would automatically quote their quote.

Tamally
Tamally
157 posts
Nomad

I go for Xbox 360, yes it does sometimes get red ring. BUT thats because its either your connnection, OR the way you treat such a system.
I find that the PS3 takes longer loading times. And both systems already run 1080p. Blu ray doesn't make a difference. Graphics wise, Xbox has better shades and textures, PS3 has shapes and shadows.
All in all, xbox wins.
Wii just gets dusty

i have to agreeive had my x-box for 2 years now never got the red ring of death, and x-box dose load faster in my opinion i have both x-box and ps3 sooo everyother person that says ps3 is better dosent have an x-box beacuz there to cheap to pay $60 a year for better internet hell im 13 and i can pay for it so other ppl cant have the excuse thay cant pay for it, cuz if you cant you better be homless...

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

i have to agreeive had my x-box f[i]or 2 years now never got the red ring of death, and x-box dose load faster in my opinion i have both x-box and ps3 sooo everyother person that says ps3 is better dosent have an x-box beacuz there to cheap to pay $60 a year for better internet hell im 13 and i can pay for it so other ppl cant have the excuse thay cant pay for it, cuz if you cant you better be homless...

I can tell from all the grammer problems, and how one whole paragraph is a sentence... Its the fact that when you start living on your own, and having bills to pay, you'll understand how stupid it is to have to pay for internet, and then pay another 60 bucks on top of your internet bill just to use it.. Its actually quite redundant and greedy on microsofts part which is why I'll never buy an xbox. Not to mention the system in itself is way worse than ps3's as i've looked over. And no there isn't alot more host migration, its the exact same amount as xboxs.. In fact you tend to get dc'd more often on the xbox than on the ps3. At least for those who don't have a walmart connection.

Ps.. Halo sucks... I love being able to 2 punch someone to death, but 100 smg bullets cant kill anyone. Don't even bring Halo into the argument... Its the most stupid game out there, and is constantly getting worse with each new release...

Showing 3151-3165 of 5032