The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473705
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Balmung1
Balmung1
9 posts
Nomad

The software may have been and the hardware may have been compacted but the tech is essentially the same and the attachments make little difference to the fundamental tech

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I agree with Balmung1 on the wii thing, it can't be compared.

The 250G(?) XBox has one advantage, it has enough save space to save the entire game on the xbox itself, meaning it's quicker because it doesn't have to read from the disk each time; it reads directly from the console.
At least I've been told..

Quick question concerning the PS3: the PS2 was backwards compatible for most PS games, is the PS3 backwards compatible for most PS and PS2 games?? Because if not, I don't have to ask myself if I should buy one anymore..

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

is the PS3 backwards compatible for most PS and PS2 games?

The first one and a few other of the first designs were. You can find those on eBay and probably Amazon. The PS3 slim isn't backwards compatible. Sony really did mess up right there; they should've just kept the backwards compatibility on the PS3 slim. I'd enjoy it more because I have many PS2 and PS games.
y313y
y313y
6 posts
Nomad

PS3 rocks
all the athors sucks , w000000000000000t.

Balmung1
Balmung1
9 posts
Nomad

y313y

why do you think this just saying PS3 rocks or Xbox Rocks wont get us anywhere we need to try and be objective and provide reasoning and evidence and logic.

rikki20
rikki20
1 posts
Nomad

xbox 360 is the best i think...

nem1997
nem1997
2 posts
Nomad

i think xbox and ps3 are joint because i have a ps3 and love it but there are things which i wish was improved same with the xbox i dont own on but used it and is good but you have to pay for online!

knightz2
knightz2
6 posts
Nomad

I've played all the gaming consoles and I prefer the Xbox 360. That's just my opinion.

psychoticpenguin
psychoticpenguin
2 posts
Nomad

Im gonna go with playstation, but i think the wii has the most potential.

Eita333
Eita333
3 posts
Peasant

Xbox is the best because it has more games.

joaffle
joaffle
18 posts
Nomad

xbox win. wii i going to die. playstation is going bank rupt if they make the ps4.

joaffle
joaffle
18 posts
Nomad

reasons y wii is going 2 die beacuse of the wii u its just like the ipad but worst.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Xbox is the best because it has more games.

Quality > quantity.
wii i going to die.

I doubt it; Nintendo will ensure it's up for a long time.
playstation is going bank rupt if they make the ps4.

The same logic can be used for the other two consoles, but I doubt they will considering many people like playing on consoles, and when and if they decide to make a PS4, Xbox 23457980, and Wiisomething and they have a lot of new features and are better; people will buy them.
reasons y wii is going 2 die beacuse of the wii u its just like the ipad but worst.

The PS Move is just like the Wii's motion gaming, it's still alive. So what you've said probably won't happen.
crazyhman
crazyhman
45 posts
Nomad

Xbox, It has all the best games, Halo, Gears of war, CoD, Battlefield, Crysis 2 (My personal favourite) and the one thing it doesn't have that would make it perfect is God of War. I know most of those are multi-platform but a ps3 cannot handle the awesomeness of halo and gears of war.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It has all the best games

If you like first/third person shooters, sure.
but a ps3 cannot handle the awesomeness of halo and gears of war.

Most first/third person shooters get repetitive quickly due to you only doing the same things just in a different environment. Personally, I don't like Halo nor Gears of War that much; mainly because of the repetitiveness. But the online is great, gives a nice challenge, but that gets repetitive as well because of a short supply of weapon variety. On CoD there are many weapons and classes so you don't have to use the same weapons, but there are downsides; such as "noobtubing" as people would call it. I don't really see a bad thing about that, if you die you die, too bad, then they whine about it because they're precious ratio/kill streak got destroyed.

If Halo and Gears of War allowed classes and a large variety of weapons, that'd be awesome and make them great exclusives from my point of view.

I prefer games like Heavy Rain and Assassin's Creed, just saying.
Showing 3526-3540 of 5032