The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474104
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
MattHatter7
MattHatter7
6 posts
Nomad

You just restated what I said but twisted the words.

wellitsfake2
wellitsfake2
2 posts
Nomad

I have a playstation 3 and i love it! My little sister is getting a wii and theyre alright i mean more of a family type system nothing for serious gamers or anything obviously... The ps3 vs. xbox360 debate: well in my opinion i think that the xbox360 is better even though i dont have one theyre still really amazing! The online experience is better and the system itself and the games are less expensive compares to the ps3's and there are waay more selection because the games and the system has been around longer than the ps3 has. Most of the things ive also noticed are the online servers and accounts. With the xbox360 the networks and user accounts are more secure than the ps3's because of the rescent network hacking on the ps3 where the network server was down for three months but i dont believe that has ever happened with the xbox360. Even though the ps3 has better graphics and ive heard it will last longer the xbox360 in my opinion is still alot better.

Juanprito
Juanprito
105 posts
Nomad

The three are great consoles, but in my opinion the PS3 wins there.

Wii: Is a excellent console to play with your family and friends at home, it has really fun games. Also is more than just a console.

Xbox: Great console too, like it because of it's variety of games, the thing i don't like is the online. It's not free, althought it is more secure.

PS3: The winner (for me) because of its online experience and it's duration, that's all that matters to me.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

like it because of it's variety of games

You know that every game Xbox has, PS3 has it, too.

Is a excellent console to play with your family and friends at home, it has really fun games.

That's basically the only reason I play Wii.

Xbox 360 the Best!

Why? Compare. Explain. Don't spam. Gosh.
KidIronman
KidIronman
25 posts
Nomad

So PS3 has Halo and Gears of War?
th3bear
th3bear
2 posts
Nomad

XBOX 360
I've played a variety of games on xbox and ps3
I don't understand how people can say graphics are much better on the ps3 because there really isn't much difference. The xbox 360 controller fits the hands perfectly. Not to mention the skill of other gamers on the xbox is at much higher standard than ps3 which makes the games more challenging online. People use the arguement that ps3 online is free, well many sources say that that is changing because the security is terrible. *cough* 70000 peoples card details being hacked *cough*. Then there is the Kinect.That's just the future?
As for the Wii?
Its a family console that people just get bored of after one month or so. It is not a gaming console.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

So PS3 has Halo and Gears of War?

I didn't say everything. Majority. Just off by two games, other than that it's pretty equal.

The xbox 360 controller fits the hands perfectly

I think it depends. I've played a Playstation controller all my life. I got the mini wireless one, and I got used to that. Then, I got another one that was Xbox styled (the left analog stick was replaced with the arrow keys). I got used to that. I think any controller can fit fine when you get used to it.

well many sources say that that is changing because the security is terrible. *cough* 70000 peoples card details being hacked *cough*.

1. Name the sources. 2. That was one hacking, and you exaggerated. 3. They raised security a whole lot.
KidIronman
KidIronman
25 posts
Nomad

Yes, you did say every game. I've quoted it twice, and you can go back and read your original comment. And also:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/226352/reports_77_million_playstation_network_accounts_compromised.html
th3bear
th3bear
2 posts
Nomad

1. Name the sources. 2. That was one hacking, and you exaggerated. 3. They raised security a whole lot.
1. Look on the internet there is alot about it.
2. That's one more hacking than xbox has ever had.

Clannero
Clannero
1 posts
Peasant

My vote goes for PS3

*Free Online
*Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear 4 (one of the reasons I bought it), God of War 3, etc.
*Great Community

The only good thing that 360 has, is Alan Wake

MattHatter7
MattHatter7
6 posts
Nomad

We now have access to Microsoft Cloud services. Yet another advantage of paying for Live. I bought my Xbox when I first played Gears 1, probably one of the most underestimated games on the console. Also, you guys have to wait 20 minutes when you get some games for the patches, whereas Xbox patches literally take 3 seconds.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

2. That's one more hacking than xbox has ever had.

Other than countless amounts of peoples accounts getting hacked, losing all the microsoft points and information... No clearly your right.

I don't understand how people can say graphics are much better on the ps3 because there really isn't much difference

Its because your using HDMI, and theres still a huge difference even after that on some games. But take out your HDMI and play, you'll notice the difference.

We now have access to Microsoft Cloud services. Yet another advantage of paying for Live.

Clouds a joke... your paying 50 bucks for a joke.. In fact basically anything from windows is a joke.. And yeah id like to allow myself to say that. Paying for an online service is dumb and goes to show everybody which corporation is in it for the money... They made new software for the xbox and brought it out saying it doesn't give you the RROD. No instead of fixing the problem they give you a screen that pops up saying the xbox is automatically turning off because if left on there will be a fatal error. And that you should wait to turn it on for a couple of hours.. They still haven't fixed anything, just microsofts way of avoiding another problem. I dont want xbox users to switch over, because most of them are annoying 12 year olds anyways.. . So just stay with whichever system you like..

But seriously if your only counterpoint with the ps3 is the fact that it got hacked, or the fact that it doesnt have games... Well like i said previously xbox accounts are so insecure that multiple accounts get hacked on a regular basis.. As for the game issue, the only good games on xbox that ps3 doesnt have is Gears of war, and halo..

ForTheCity
ForTheCity
47 posts
Nomad

i still think the 360 stands above the rest. i have a 360, my bro has a ps3, and my sister has the wii. never enjoyed playing games on the wii besides supersmash. plus i originally purchased 360 for halo.

KidIronman
KidIronman
25 posts
Nomad

Other than countless amounts of peoples accounts getting hacked, losing all the microsoft points and information... No clearly your right.

That's actually because idiots give out their passwords.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

That's actually because idiots give out their passwords.

And they get hacked. It is possible for Xbox Live account to get hacked. Just like it's possible for PSN accounts to get hacked, Facebook, Twitter, Armor Games, etc.
Showing 3931-3945 of 5032