ForumsThe Tavern[necro] 2012: Fact or Fiction?

78 14652
buzzmerin
buzzmerin
227 posts
Nomad

The next in my fact or fiction series. 2012, the supposed end of the world. What is your opinion on it?

• 78 Replies
ninjachampion
ninjachampion
513 posts
Nomad

I wonder if someone just started from a gossip...

Myth12
Myth12
49 posts
Nomad

fiction! (but dont hold me to it.)

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Fact, the signs are all around you.

IESA20
IESA20
153 posts
Nomad

Fiction, because
"No one knows about that day or hour(end of the world), not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. It;s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and lets the one at the door to keep watch."
Mark 13:32-34

SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts
Nomad

ROFL, I can't believe people can even vest the tiniest amount of truth in this urban legend.

The world is a massive place. It's not going to just end all of a sudden, we'd notice that something is going on.

Also, we lived through the year 666, the year 2000 and the date 6/6/06 twice. We're going to be fucking FINE.

agmisabeast
agmisabeast
56 posts
Nomad

So here it is: On twenty twelve december twenty first at midnight all the planets line up for the first time in six hundred forty thousand years. So im thinkin the lignup could change where we arein space by pulling us twords or away from the sun.If that doesnt happen it could also effect the axis (the way the earth turns) by moving where the north and south poleactually are. That would move our axis around change the way we spin by alot in a matter of days or even hours. that could throw us off of the earth. sound like an eppocolips now?

agmisabeast
agmisabeast
56 posts
Nomad

also i think that the government might be working on a project like special ships or airplanes. and in that case they migh not tell us about it. why? simply because they arent that great. greaty people who only care about there own live to be saved.

ramzaman
ramzaman
231 posts
Farmer

welll i heard it was either january of 213 or december of 212...but that is rediculous...i hope...

ramzaman
ramzaman
231 posts
Farmer

opps i meant 2012 and 2013 hehe

SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts
Nomad

So here it is: On twenty twelve december twenty first at midnight all the planets line up for the first time in six hundred forty thousand years. So im thinkin the lignup could change where we arein space by pulling us twords or away from the sun.If that doesnt happen it could also effect the axis (the way the earth turns) by moving where the north and south poleactually are. That would move our axis around change the way we spin by alot in a matter of days or even hours. that could throw us off of the earth. sound like an eppocolips now?

Grow up.

The planets have lined up before and we've been fine. Not to mention that if there really WAS something gravity-related coming up, it wouldn't just happen all of a sudden, it'd be a slow and EXTREMELY noticeable process.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

I heard that 2012 was just when some really really old peoples calendar ended. and our calendar ends every year.

Sarquann
Sarquann
98 posts
Peasant

The mayans were too lazy to make their calander into like a thousand years into the future, i dont blame them

crazynoob100
crazynoob100
24 posts
Nomad

its none its a fairytale

SilentAssassin1131
SilentAssassin1131
19 posts
Peasant

ha i did a research paper on 2012.

i think this is going to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlzqnYk3ZZw&feature=related