ForumsGamesCTCPP - Custom Castle Contest

622 89795
PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

The contest is back!

Just like our old contest, every week, there will be a new category to judge. Only this time, participants of the previous round will be deciding the category. After judging, participants will decide on the next category for one day. If they come to a conclusion, chances are, we will be using it. However, if you don't, then the judges will be deciding. You are allowed 5 days to submit your entries, and judging will be on the 6th day. This is basically a 7 day cycle: Deciding(1), Submitting(2-6), and Judging(7).

Here are the rules:

1. You are allowed to post more than one castle for each category, but you must submit the official entry by the deadline. Any entries submitted after the deadline will not count. If you do not post your official entry, we will be judging your latest entry.
2. Only participants of the previous round are allowed to decide on the next category.
3. Do not post your normal castles here. Nobody likes spam, so do us a favor and stay out!
4. Always include a title for your castles. If you don't have one, I personally will be naming it for you.
5. Always make your link a link! I do not want to copy and paste it into my address bar.

JJ and I are the judges for this contest, but since JJ hasn't been active for a long time now, I would like someone else to help me judge. It will most likely be someone I trust and who is quite active.

~~

The first category is: Best Trick Castle(Because we all love these!)

Happy Building!

• 622 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Papi, I assume since I'm judging the next contest I don't influence this one and therefore can submit my own castle?

charlesme
charlesme
1,117 posts
Nomad

I say yes Firetail can, but that's my opinion.

"Mouse Trap #2"

http://armorgames.com/aDt5

charlesme
charlesme
1,117 posts
Nomad

SORRY>>> Intructions for the above post:

Roll in a small single bomb to start.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Papi, I assume since I'm judging the next contest I don't influence this one and therefore can submit my own castle?

That's something that's bothered me for along time now. For my previous contest, neither JJ nor me submitted any castles. What would happen if one of us decided to not judge that round? I'll let you submit, but there's a downside: If you posted a castle, and I happen to be busy on judging day, you'll have to judge, but your castles won't count. And you obviously know that you can't enter if you're judging that round. So if you're okay with all that, submit all you like.

@Charles

Mouse Trap #2

Only b/c you didn't know before.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

so there is no prize?

charlesme
charlesme
1,117 posts
Nomad

There should at least be some AP awarded for first place. There is a thread where they give out merits for whoever comes up with the best "Movie Sequence". So the merit is given out to whoever is the most interesting and creative. I have seen castles on here (not mine) that would challenge anything they do on a creative level. Not to mention creating castles, and looking at what others have made, adds game plays by the thousands (done that one all by myself).

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

There is a thread where they give out merits for whoever comes up with the best "Movie Sequence".

Generally, flash game contests do not have merit prizes, as writing contests do. The movie contest awards a merit because it takes more thought and usually a bit more time; not to mention quite a bit more skill and creativity.

But it would still be nice if this contest had a cookie prize.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

PR2 contest, Carlie agreed to give a merit.
I'm not sure though, unless the contests weren't held in close succession

@Papi
I won't submit, than.
I want to see a few castles first.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

Whats with the cookie

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

It's the prize for my contest? =P

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

so there is no prize?

Okay, everyone, just stop posting all this junk. Ask questions on my profile page. It's really getting on my nerves. And this question has already been answered.

There should at least be some AP awarded for first place

I'm not entirely sure if that's possible...

But it would still be nice if this contest had a cookie prize.

And it does! Firetail gives 'em out for the winner when he judges.

I won't submit, than.

Okay then.

Whats with the cookie

Once again, don't post pointless k-rap into my contest. There's already enough of that. Besides, read the actual posts before you post. If you've done that, you wouldn't be asking about it.

And enough of this! Let there be castles!
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Winner takes all of this -

http://www.continentalbakeries.com/files/producten/popup_sprits.jpg

P.S. I might need artisitic help soon

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

As in what? Why? And that is a nice looking batch of cookies there *drools*

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So when's my contest start.
And check my profile, I is staring new RPG and I need artistic help...

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Well...next Thursday. So far, there is only one or two castles...so sad. So sad.

Another RPG? Let's not think about the past where you went ahead and ditched them all...And artistic help as in what? Let's bring this conversation to our profiles, mkay?

Showing 31-45 of 622