ForumsGamesColony: "List of Cheaters" by SOYMASTER

204 38300
SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

This topic was made to expose all of the cheaters in Colony.

Cheater - A player that plays unfairly. There are four known types of cheaters, which are facilitators, hackers, exploiters, and the suspected. Their descriptions are listed below.

Facilitator - A Player who play Colony on a hacked version of the game. This means that the player is cheating, but did not hack. This kind of player should be avoided. This player will only get off the list if the website that is being used is locked off online access, for instanece the Arcade prehacks version of Colony cannot be used to play online.

Hacker - A player who use a downloaded software to hack the game. This means that the player is a hacker. This player should be avoided. This player cannot redeem himself or herself after being caught.

Exploiter - A player who uses an earlier version of Colony to cheat. What this means is, if we are running on Colony 2.7 and a player is running on 1.12 (This is before the hotkeys were fixed), then that person is exploiting. This player should be avoided, but I have no problem playing them in a normal game, with no restrictions. This player cannot redeem himself or herself.

Suspected - A player who has been accused of Cheating. I (or someone else who I trust) will look into their style of game play before putting them into a list. This player should not be avoided, but you should play them at your own risk.

If you want to report a Cheater, please report them is the format below, or I will not look into their game play style.

Player's Colony account name:
What they did:

I will be adding a list on Sunday.

• 204 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

He was called GUEST1437 or something.

Oh, nevermind then. I saw a guy named "GUEST" before. No numbers though.
Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

He made hovers and snipers too. I think the main hack he had was that he somehow could make unlimited medics with no buildings or anything. He made an arsenal to make his other units, though he must have had some type of resource hack too because he was able to make lots of units and had no resource buildings. But yeah with me spamming marines from 2 buildings and firetail spamming romans (i think) he had trouble killing our base and quit.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Might be the same person, on two different accounts.
He didn't make medics that fast, surprisingly.
And I ripped through his medics with phantoms.
I didn't spam romans except for the initial rush.

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

Uh he was spamming medics like nonstop. He didn't send them all forward all the time but he always had an army of at least 20-30 medics up. But yeah. I forgot what you did, I just remember being surprised we were able to hold him off somewhat :P. Right at the beginning of the game though he spammed medics like he was doing the infl version with no hospital until he had at least probably 30-40 of them.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, true.
Then why I sent romans he broke out a few chronites....

mnobodeddd
mnobodeddd
392 posts
Nomad

Here's one you can add to the list of cheaters:zuce. While I was playing i got out my groditz none of his units fired and yet my groditz got destroyed. Then in the chat box it said zuce has been caught hacking. De-syncronizing player.

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

Sounds like the barrier hack, though I hadn't seen anyone get caught doing that yet, so thats a good sign if thats what it was.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Sounds like a combination of lag, or the speed hack.

mnobodeddd
mnobodeddd
392 posts
Nomad

I don't know what hack it was but when my groditz got destroyed i heard the exact same sound you hear when a missile explodes in the game but they didn't have any missile silos.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Uhh, I think all explosions ahve more or less the same generic sound (correct me if I'm wrong)

mnobodeddd
mnobodeddd
392 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure they all have the same sound. You can try it out yourself if you want to know that badly.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

It's funny.
Some hackers are too stupid to be able to play well xD

mnobodeddd
mnobodeddd
392 posts
Nomad

Heh-heh that's true. Speaking of which I encountered another hacker a few minutes ago, here's what he did(I've encountered this hack before): Right after he gets the hospital within 10 seconds of the game the number of meditecs was unbelievable. Also he made this one building that was just a big white square. It was wierd.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

The white building is really a glitch.
That meditec + chronites is quite easy to counter in the right setting.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

D:

FIretail, you stole the abstract/colors armatar thingeh I like

Oh wells, leafies are nice

Medic + chronite gets killed by a medium amount of early snipers.

I've never seen a white buliding...did see invisible ones though.

Showing 76-90 of 204