The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDiet Coke

172 27248
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

So, I'm in a house... with nothing but diet coke. I just had a pizza and recently opened one of these diet cokes because you just can't eat pizza without a nice refreshing soda, right? I personally hate the taste of diet coke a lot. Now I have half a Diet Coke can sitting next to me, half full, and I feel like my stomach is going to explode. Maybe I should have had a nice cup of tea instead...

Does anyone else hate diet soda? Is there anybody here who can tolerate it, or (God forbid) love the taste of diet soda? Would you drink diet soda if it was the only thing in the house, or regular soda if diet is your preference? I want opinions!

• 172 Replies
coshkun
coshkun
169 posts
Nomad

I don't really like diet colas but I prefer the taste of Coke Zero.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

In my opinion, any diet soda is not as good the original one. I don't like Coke so much but I can drink it if there is nothing more. On the other hand, I can't drink diet Coke. I prefer water or some other soda or maybe an energy drink.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I hate diet soda. Flavor is totally off. I think it's the substitute sugars (aspartame, sorbitol, dextrose, etc.) compared to regular sugars. At my local grocery store, they sell Coca-cola imported from Mexico made with real sugar. It's waaaaaaay better than diet and slightly better than regular.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Anything that's diet, or slim-line, or stuff like that, is crap anyway, and not at all healthier than normal food or drinks. Eat and drink responsibly and you'll have no problem (plus, it really doesn't taste any better imo...)

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

At least i know what to drink if i dont want to freeze to death.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I'd rather take in the flavor and calories than drink that putrid waste that I call "The-Drink-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named". Let's put it like this, Id rather drink a non-diet soda that's been expired for a whole year than drink the drink I call "The-Drink-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named".

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

If diet soda was the last thing on earth I would die first. I can't stand the stuff! I will not drink it, I will not look at it and, I hate even thinking about it. No such a thing exists in my house!

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

To be honest, I've never tried diet sodas.

The people around me who have tried it told me that it's not very good, to say the least.

So I'm not missing out on much. ;D

Showing 151-158 of 172