ForumsGame WalkthroughsRaze: "Level 26 Hints" by SOYMASTER

90 77124
SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

I have seen many of people complaining about RAZE's 26th level. I still have yet to beat it myself, but I have gotten 1-3 kill left many of times. Below are hints that will help you if you can't get close to winning.

~Aim for the human, unless you see a robot with little health.
~Don't chase a robot with a Railgun.
~Try to get the 2x damage modifier at the top.
~Don't die because I notice that most of my team's deaths are from me.
~Keep the Railguns away from the enemy because they kill you in one shot.
~Keep your cursor near your player because you will get less lag.
~Pick up the health packs on the top corners in the elevators, even if you don't need them because the enemy will use them.
~Try to dodge grenades because these kill you in one shot 95% of the time.
~Try to combine the Grenade launcher or the Railgun with the 2x damage multiplayer.
~Try to back up teammates with low health if they are being shot at by an Uzi.
~Use your best weapon.
Note: You also need to have good aim to.

If you have, any other hints feel free to add them to the list. I will add more if I find some. Last, add feedback about hints for level 26.

• 90 Replies
AzureDragon
AzureDragon
6 posts
Scribe

good hints and ty for all but its easy to say to do these things,you are (almost)everytime get face-to-face with a robot,its hard to dont die because they are coming in your back and(absolutely)you are die,if you keep the cursor near your player everytime you cant see the railgunners(altought you cant see them before die ),human is escape and hide to a robot and friendly bots are very stupid
sorry for my english

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

Well the human on the humans side is the same as the player on the aliens side which are the weakest links.

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

hehe, don't you play Colony anymore? I am totally quit. :P

Here is the most important hint that I can give. If you want to reduce lag try to do a modified html page yourself and reduce the display area to 560x480 from the original 700x600. Almost no lag guaranteed.

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

Second, try pause game by &quot", why? because you'll find a function is called "screenshot mode". Whenever you have a rial gun you can abusing this mode to check where those mob's are and bet on blind shot, or trance where is that human is. Now I am experimenting this mode on how to use this for win.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

I do play Colony still kiraice.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

I got so close useing this new thing i found.

~fire the Uzi or Grenade Launcher towards the middle of the elevator by toching the wall. u can also fire towards enemies in the elevator.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

You know your two alien counterparts that aren't the zombie?
I wish they'd change into a zombie, because the zombie is actually useful while the two zombies just stack up deaths.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Not the two zombies, I meant the two aliens.
Also...

~If a human is pacing around an elevator get a grenade launcher, jump down, launch 1 grenade at him, go back up before he can shoot, repeat.

Pewpew59
Pewpew59
7 posts
Peasant

Like Soymaster mentioned, some walls can be shot THROUGH by getting very close to them. As he mentioned the elevators are a good example of this ability.
Also, beside each elevator at the bottom it is common for both your team members and the opposite team members to get stuck running back and forth on the spot. Here, and at the top of the elevators, these FLOORS are thin enough that grenade launchers will fire through them if you crouch and shoot straight down. The Uzi's do too but you need to be firing STRAIGHT down or you hit yourself.

To make this level even more frustrating, I got to 1-1 and obviously lost. The problem? Thyrolax is probably your weakest teammate. He has been 0 kills and 9 deaths for me on occasion.
It's not my fault that i lose this level anymore since I've been in the positives with kills/deaths, and even once was 11 kills 3 deaths.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is near impossible, closest I've gotten to is 4-0.
My best record for this level is 0-2, humiliating enough.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

@PewPew
Not necesarrily.
Gnarthuk scored 4-10, whereas Thyrolax scored 4-8.
I improved my record to 6-4, but I cost us a loss at 5-1.

Pewpew59
Pewpew59
7 posts
Peasant

Yeah, it turns out both aliens are probably equally as bad. Your only good teammate is the Zombie.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Only because the zombie doesn't die that much.
I've not even come close, the robots keep scoring skilled streaks.

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

[quoteLike Soymaster mentioned, some walls can be shot THROUGH by getting very close to them. [/quote]

these FLOORS are thin enough that grenade launchers will fire through them if you crouch and shoot straight down.

You can also do reversed action like jump then shoot straight up. Any action that makes your gun goes out the barrier works. But it seems like only grenade launcher will be effective one.
NickMaverick
NickMaverick
2 posts
Nomad

I finally got past Level 26 a few hours ago! :-D

It is tough............very tough.

I thought I had won it in a game yesterday, I was 2-1 up and had planted 2 mines on a robot with low health only for 2 of my team to be railgunned before the mines went off!!

I was gutted!!

My advice:

Don't even bother with the Robots. Concentrate all your efforts on the "Human".
If on your travels you come into contact with a Robot on low health then take him down, otherwise don't bother.

As others have pointed out players get stuck on the left hand side by the bottom of the elevator.

What I find is a good tactic is to stand on the other side of the gap and kneel down and fire from there.
They have no line of sight and you can arc over Uzie rounds and grenades easily.
Be careful of players sneaking up behind you though.

Also use the middle platform to find where the Human is. You can view the whole game platform from there and see where he is going.

Word of warning, if you see a Robot with a railgun........... RUN!!
Make sure there is always a wall in between you as they are lethally accurate and one shot and your dead.

Also watch out for Robots with the Chain Gun, often when they run out of ammo they wont change guns so they have nothing to shoot back with so you can follow them round and kill them.

Showing 1-15 of 90