The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPRIntelligent design Vs Evolution

388 55568
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

I just now found out about this forum and didn't notice a I.D. Vs E. thread so I decided to make one.

I am a Christian and believe in intelligent design is the way the world came to be.

What does everyone else think about this subject?

• 388 Replies
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

A neutron walked into the bar.  It asked, "how much for a drink?"

"For you, no charge!"

*rimshot* YES!!!

What is "winning"? It's nothing. Everyone has a certain opinion on wethere yu are winning or not, and you voicing your individual view on the matter won't change anything. As I said, this all can't be best reiderated in a forum. So if you can be right, that's fine with me. I'm not trying to "knock you down"; I like you. I'm just pointing stuff out for the benefit of the arguement.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

But quite simply, someone on a answers site probably can't relay the kind of answer the Pontiff can. I'm sure you agree.

No actually I don't as I don't consider him any holier than any Christian I know, if you cannot answer then I'm going to assume that you don't know. I'm sorry but I disagree with Catholicism on multiple levels.

@alt you never won =P then again the conclusion was subjective I suppose. Whatever either what was your original point in this matter? And could you clearly define what's illogical about it. Not all of us are 7th grade super geniuses and I won't to be able to address your specific point. And another =P
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

What is "winning"? It's nothing. Everyone has a certain opinion on wethere yu are winning or not, and you voicing your individual view on the matter won't change anything. As I said, this all can't be best reiderated in a forum. So if you can be right, that's fine with me. I'm not trying to "knock you down"; I like you. I'm just pointing stuff out for the benefit of the arguement.

All I'm doing is pointing out that you haven't refuted my point yet, and it still stands until you refute it. Just talk of how the argument is faring.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Ha, phone fail...just ignore the terrible grammar and muddle through my post.

K bye.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

But if evolution is true thoughts are just random chemical reactions. So how do you know if you are wrong or right? it is impossible.

Evolution never dictates anything close to that. You are very mistaken.

@alt you never won =P then again the conclusion was subjective I suppose. Whatever either what was your original point in this matter? And could you clearly define what's illogical about it. Not all of us are 7th grade super geniuses and I won't to be able to address your specific point. And another =P

Logic is objective, but conclusions reached can differ because of poeple's perspectives. Logic is necessarily correct - if someone is wrong, they are not mallogical(invcenting wurdz, byatch), they are illogical. Also, what's illogical about what?
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

No actually I don't as I don't consider him any holier than any Christian I know, if you cannot answer then I'm going to assume that you don't know. I'm sorry but I disagree with Catholicism on multiple levels.

Not holier, simply more knowledgable on matters associated with Catholicism.

I'm not trying to refute anything silly. Are we going to get back on topic? We're just nitpicking here.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Whatever brought about the topic.

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Which one :P

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

The illogical debate..also you should make a thread on Catholicism it'd be, uhm, fun.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I'm not trying to refute anything silly

Exactly, because my point isn't silly

Basically, I've made it clear that god cannot do the logically impossible, I'm making both theological and philosophical arguments, and I'm waiting for you to refute my point.

What is illogical, samy, is that god can do the logically impossible, because the logically impossible by definition cannot be done. He cannot create a spherical triangle, because triangles are incapable of being spherical and still being triangles. On the same hand, doing the logically impossible is also a contradictory circumstance because the logically impossible is incapable of being done.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Why was I debating against you then...Meh. This means its time for sleep then as I see nothing I disagree with in your post and have no desire to refute it at this point. Thank you *said in that voice presidents use after giving the nation bad news.*

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

You're supposed to say 'thank you. Goodnight.' and then nod your head and grimace. DOITNAO

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

...unfortunately for all of you, you will die; fortunately for me I haz a bunker. Thank you. Goodnight.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

*nods head and grimaces*

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

You know, i'ver heard the earth was hot when evolutionists say when stuff was evolutioning (evolving or whatever) but, it seems tough to evolve when the planet your on is in the sun.

Thank you for providing completely false information. I've said this before anyone who's religious really needs to stay away from those creationists sites, there really not good for you.

Well, actually that has never been proven to be true. It has only yet to be disproved. However to the most of our knowledge that is most likely true.

&*^%! Don't tell me I have to go through the whole "You can't prove a negative" thing with you as well.

Unless your text books have been changed again there is also a lot of stuff against it.

Like what?

Give me one reason as to why this statement is true. Preferably one from scripture.

Same reason any religious person would give, his faith says so.
Showing 151-165 of 388