ForumsThe TavernSwords

140 28777
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

This is like the Favorite Gun thread only with swords!
What is you favorite sword?
You can also have discussions (obviously) as this thread grows.
You can talk about anything related to swords!

• 140 Replies
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Japanese katana. Cut you and you best friends body in half. Don't play with them.

CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

Does it have to be real?

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

I generally prefer short swords, and foremost among those for me are Wakizashis, although I do love a Gladius or Spatha.

Does it have to be real?

I would dearly hope so, people posting about fictional weapons compared to real ones lose face with the rest of us.
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Does it have to be real?

It would be best if it were real (I asked my friend what his favorite sword was and he said, "The lightsaber," which can cut through pretty much anything, is lightweight, and better then any real sword so yes please keep swords real.
My favorite would be a double edged sword like the Jian and dual swords like rapiers.
The sword will come back into use by the military again one day... maybe...
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Best if you use real weapons.

Ooohh.. Gladius is a good weapon. Not superior itself, but very effectively used. Hmm.. Well, we all know that the Japanese katana is arguably physically the best sword itself.

No, swords won't come back into common use. The lightsaber isn't even a sword, though it does project a blade of energy.

Zweihander time!

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

those little ones you throw by the armfull. (joking)

Two sided, long, flat, bit springy, 20 centimeters.

Vegetable/butcher knife.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Aren't we talking about swords, not knives?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

depending on the situation i'm going to go for either a wakazashi or a daikatana. I prefer shorter blades (knives are my actual preference) as they are less bulky, lighter, easier to use in confined spaces and in close physical proximity to your opponent. now if we are out in the middle of a field or something like that I'm going for a daikatana simply because of the length. you get a greater arc in your swing which, coupled with the increased weight, allows you to put much more force behind each strike while also keeping your opponent at a greater distance.

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

For some reason i like double hook swords.
They are so cool.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

The BigGoron sword. It's powerful, but heavy. Too bad you can't use your shield while having it equipped. And, Escartian, it is real. In a video game. And it exists. In a code. In the programming.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

The BigGoron sword

HaHa very funny.
I find myself more interested in European swords rather than Asian swords but they are still rather interesting.
TexanProvo
TexanProvo
408 posts
Nomad

Knives and daggers are more interesting, though I'd prefer a longsword, keep as much distance between my enemy and me as possible.

Though, the Gladius is probably one of the best, not as a weapon exactly but by the fact it was the standard arm of the Roman Empire, that sword has probably affected history more than any other. The Katana may be a better sword in itself but on impact to history it can't compare to the Gladius. I might buy myself one someday now that I'm thinking about it.

br0seph
br0seph
33 posts
Nomad

watever those swords are that the red ninja turtle uses.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

No one but me just realized how nerdy this is.

SuP3RcR4ZyB0i
SuP3RcR4ZyB0i
16 posts
Nomad

I must say, that i am interested in rapiers, like pirates used. Those swords are wicked, small, sharp, and strong. Much better than a bulky European sword.

Showing 1-15 of 140