ForumsThe TavernSwords

140 28774
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

This is like the Favorite Gun thread only with swords!
What is you favorite sword?
You can also have discussions (obviously) as this thread grows.
You can talk about anything related to swords!

• 140 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

broad sword definitely.

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

Better than a katana, Nodachi. A longer, heavier version meant for cavalry, but can be used by footmen.

iTzProChaoz
iTzProChaoz
45 posts
Nomad

KATANA
Dang, if you've played Left (L4D 2) you should know it owns

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

A little off topic, but I took fencing lessons for a few years, so I'm pretty much ready to pwn zombies with my awesome sword-fighting skills in the future zombie apocalypse....

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Joe, fencing isn't like real fighting I think. You try to lop someones head of with all your strength, not poke them in the chest with a long, bendy pin. Unless you used something other in?

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Fencing is not as innocuous as you think, it can give you a few bruises. However the weapon is made to be as safe as possible, ergo its not the most appropriate sword for killing people.
Some fencing swords have though a plastic protective at their tip, so if somebody takes the plastic out and he sharpens the sowrd, he will be perhaps able to pierce someone.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

he will be perhaps able to pierce someone.

they are quick blades the rapiers. But many, many other blades do a quicker, more efficient job.
crazenird
crazenird
329 posts
Nomad

man efan and joe, you to post adjacently so often, it looks like double posts :P

Fave sword probably definately be the Japanese Katana

PS: i meant to say probably definately

PPS: you just lose the game

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

Who invented the name rapier and why is it called that...

Don't know how relevant this is considering the sword isn't the best for killing , but I always imagine it as "**** your" as if you are about to get owned.

MY favorite sword probably is katana, mostly because of the superior design and balance, but also visually. I love the visual appeal of the curve, especially when the hamon is nice. The power and speed displayed with refined swordsmanship using the katana goes nearly unmatched; I applaud the Japanese yet again.

Anyways if i ever have to fight using a blade of some sort, I would pick up a spear,because you know, stay away and poke till no movey.

p.s. I own the swords in this video.......I got them for free so eh. I am scared to swing them around now.
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

i do Amtgard and i have swords that represent a Claymore and a Katana. Im pretty bad *** with my claymore and decent with my katana. Claymore because you can get good maneuverability out of it, especially if you use the second grip above the handle. Katana because its one of the most well forged blades in all of history

Tassel
Tassel
42 posts
Nomad

I... I leik Dat beeg sword dat goes. Swooshy swoosh, Slicy slice

Haha, just kidding, i like the iron broadswords that knights used to use. there so beast.

jc55
jc55
102 posts
Nomad

the best sword is a katana. it can cut someone in half with 1 strike or 2 i dont know

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

^ It's too bad katanas are curved swords... not straight ones...

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

actually curved swords are better. either katanas or masamunes.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

One of my favorites is the Egyptian Deepeeka Khopesh.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/Weapons/deepeeka-khopesh.jpg

the Katana and does do a better job at things like beheadings, but in a sword fight against the straight sword the Katana would lose.

With the Egyptian sickle sword it offers this same ability to behead and the sturdiness of the straight sword. Also it can be used to get around a shield for a stabbing attack, or even rip a shield away from your opponent during battle offering a chance to slash at your enemy.

Showing 121-135 of 140