ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4718040
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

The reason why it's nostalgic to people is because it was popular in North American schools in the 80s and 90s.

True, very true. I spent many hours playing oregon trail as a wee child. But it wasn't the original version, because it was in full color.

However, in order to keeps things "local" I spent a lot more of my school time playing Yukon Trail, which was made by the same people as Oregon Trail. It wasn't nearly as good, however.

There was also the Amazon version, where you got to be a in canoe.

I also played a lot of Bugdom. I don't know how that fit into the whole education thing, though.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Hmm.. The original version was from the 1970s. You played DOS? I played that one and the Deluxe edition.

I've managed to find Oregon Trail II. I played a demo years ago (more than eight I guess) and I wanted to get a hold of the game ever since. Now that I do have it, it's awesome. I like eBay.

Yukon Trail? Haven't tried that out yet. I did play Amazon Trail though. I believe it was Amazon Trail II. For some reason I had it on Windows 95.

StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

The epitome of retro gaming is Pacman.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Arguably. I think it is safe to say that Pac-Man is one of the most famous video game characters of all time. Not so sure about him being the epitome.

Oh, Windows 95..

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

The epitome of retro gaming is Pacman.

Pacman??? Omgsh give me a quarter I must play!!
KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

Pac-Man is the most addicting game I've played. And the most retro.
It's simple and frustrating. That's what I like with retro gaming.

StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

Pac-Man will live on in our hearts for all time.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

^ i sure hope not, i wouldnt want a pacman going around gobbling up all my heart blood O_O

but pac-man is definetly one of the most recognizable video game figures. unless santa claus counts ;P

StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

this thread is currently about: Pac-Man!

anyway, you can't deny pac-man is one of the greatiest video games of all time, certainly the best puzzler out there.

Did anybody else think mrs. pac-man was a fail?

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

it was a fail..... also the name contradicts itself :P

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The Golden Age of Video Arcade Games was an awesome time.

Nein123
Nein123
185 posts
Nomad

4 player pacman!

StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

4 player pac-man would fail.

jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

You would just omnomnom each other all the time.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

You would just omnomnom each other all the time.

That is almost funny enough to laugh at.
Now I am wondering how pacman would be like in 4 player (you can't eat each other because the other person=wall to other player, that would make more sense in such a game)
Showing 1756-1770 of 9738