ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4047941
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Well, I've gotten a merit in the last 2 months and you actually have to take the time to think to (<--accidental alliteration) write a good review.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Ya I know that, but I would like to have that equivalent standard.

Well you need to try wayyyyy harder >_>
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I want to see a sample merit comment, at the bare minimum, just so I know what one is supposed to look like. For the most part, I just state whether or not I like the game, and any flaws or exceptional things I found.

Negfinity
Negfinity
110 posts
Nomad

I want to see a sample merit comment, at the bare minimum, just so I know what one is supposed to look like. For the most part, I just state whether or not I like the game, and any flaws or exceptional things I found.

Well, it's so hard getting a merit. I tried to get 1 merit, but failed. Just waiting... I wrote a good merit comment with intros and paragraphs with tabs. Organizing topics. I just don't get it why I'm waiting that long.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

The key to getting a good merit is to be the on the first page and post a good review in the comments. I think.

I was very lucky to get two merits.

I haven't got a merit for any AMW contests though.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Has anyone else noticed that a certain online status marker has been repaired?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Ahh! Never mind, it's turned red again.

But they're fixing it as we speak! I know it!

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I've noticed! I put something on my profile about it. I think it only turns green when you update your profile.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Strange, then, because I haven't updated my profile since I added the Grepolis link, which seemed like a while ago (even though I'm sure it's only been a matter of days).

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

When did Efan get over 1200 posts...? O_o

@Ernie: yeah I saw that. I made a detailed record of it in my About if anyone wants to look. I personally think the admins did that for lulz, but that's just me. Something like that's gonna be in AG3, so I dunno why they're messin' with it

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

You want the bare minimum? Lemme dig up that two sentence merit.. All I need is to get the Wayback Machine to work now.

When did Efan get over 1200 posts...? O_o

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I saw it green on Valkery's profile. I missed him by about 2 minutes o:

My merits are both from back when I was 11 and had little to no literacy skills and my comments were choppy yet apparently helpful reviews

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Mine come from a time when I had enough motivation to write proper reviews.... Last year. I guess my review style has improved since then..

And in reply to Kyouzou's "request"..

July 2009. My last merited review. Note that I did make this review as soon as I finished the single player campaign, thus I didn't have much to say about the multiplayer aspect. Seeing as Colony is now widely known for that, this review is a bit.. hmm.. limited. By the way, I praise the game's MP. At least what I suggested concerning units was put in.

Colony

"Colony" is Starcraft inspired game made by Krin.

Graphics

I hold Krin's style of animation with high regard. There is a sense of uniqueness in the graphics of this game. Uniqueness found in Krin's other games. I really liked the unit drawings. They are very cool. The terrain is extraordinarily detailed, something I do not usually find in games.

Fantastic! 9/10

Sound

Thanks to David Orr, the game is much better with its great music. I honestly loved the music. It does an excellent job in complementing gameplay. It really sounds great. The sound effects are clear and manage to do their job well. I just think there should be more than one track in the game's playlist.

Great! 8.5/10

Gameplay

I enjoyed this game. I especially like RTS games and Krin's tribute to Starcraft is an excellently made one indeed. One of the best flash recreations of the RTS genre I have seen.

In gameplay, you begin with an empty base (aside from your central building) and the aim to destroy the enemies' headquarters. It's nice how Krin let us have an ally in battle. Another interesting things I noted is the chat system. You can chat with your CPU allies. Swearing at them by saying "F*** you!" will make them respond! I have not seen that in other games. Anyway, you have a few buildings to choose from. From these buildings you will earn resources and build troops. There is a good variation in troops. Enough to go around. One thing I noted with this game is the challenging aspect of it. Easy to learn, difficult to master. That is what good games should be. There is a level of management and planning required in this game which requires more thinking be put in. This is something which some strategy games seem to fail at. As for the troops themselves, they can be give simple orders and will usually be able to fight on without too much guidance, leaving you time to manage your resources. Once you are able to destroy your opponents' hq, you are in the clear. This isn't easy as it seems.

The campaign is well made. I like the adequate storyline. Though it is not as strong (or awesome) as Sonny's, it's good. I like how you play in the perspective's of different rival factions throughout the campaign. Though I think the campaign should be longer. Less than an hour, I am more than halfway through.

As for the controls, they are easy to pick up on. No problem. The game's learning curve is not steep at all. Probably average or good. Though you can find challenge and difficulty levels that match your skills. Sweet.

The game has a good amount of creativity and originality. I have to acknowledge the presence of the Quick Battle mode and the multiplayer servers present. Thank you Jiggmin.

In all, the gameplay is pretty awesome. The storyline is pretty mediocre and I don't see a save file system. Aside from that very good. 9/10

Replay Value

Let me sum this category up in a list.

1. This game is fun.
2. It has a custom battle mode.
3. Multiplayer servers.
4. Awesome! (I'm joking.)

Well, if what I mentioned above, this game can be enjoyed. Not forever, but for a good amount of time. 8.5/10 Great

Suggestions

Stronger storyline?
Maybe more units, buildings
Save file system
A sequel

So far I have not found bugs.

Pros

Graphics are great. Sound is excellent. Top notch gameplay and replayability.

Cons

Mediocre storyline, lack of save file system

Alright. The score is in.

8.75 = 9/10

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Nawwww wasn't Knight soooo cute back in July last year?

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

I don't think I should bring out that two thousand word wall o' text I wrote on Exit Path.

Showing 3301-3315 of 9738