ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4719837
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

We tricked the british into burning the white house so we could collect the insurance money and buy lots of guns.

My teacher was not an imposter.

BLASPHEMY! I sentence thee, Heretic, to burning on thy stake, Evil Heathen! May the flames quench thine soul....
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Nope.
To sum up the para, the general consensus among historians is that it was a draw. A small minority think the British won the war, and an even smaller minority think both of them won the war, strategically speaking.

I could edit that if I wanted. xD I just like Americans.
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

BLASPHEMY! I sentence thee, Heretic, to burning on thy stake, Evil Heathen! May the flames quench thine soul....

Man I hate bening burned,
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Being frozen is worse.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Being frozen then burned is worser.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Talking about the war of 1812 now are we (that got off units of measurement fast). If I remember correctly, I believe that the war would not have happened if there was better communication, as war was declared on Britain, I believe, the day before Britain ordered a stop to what was angering Americans. I also believe that the most famous battle of the war (the battle of New Orleans I believe) happened after a peace treaty had been signed. Kind of crazy for a war.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

are Yo Momma Joke fights allowed :O ?

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Both statements are true waluigi.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Being frozen then burned is worser.

That's what I thread.

Talking about the war of 1812 now are we (that got off units of measurement fast). If I remember correctly, I believe that the war would not have happened if there was better communication, as war was declared on Britain, I believe, the day before Britain ordered a stop to what was angering Americans. I also believe that the most famous battle of the war (the battle of New Orleans I believe) happened after a peace treaty had been signed. Kind of crazy for a war.

The peace treaty part?
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Speaking of the war of 1812 for the sake of argument I think the name of the war should be changed to the war of 1812-1814.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Kind of crazy for a war.

I think most wars are pretty crazy. Indeed, if we had any sense, diplomacy would nearly always prevail. But yes it was a pretty weird war. Especially when you consider the British were at the time under a very real threat of invasion from France, and yet still committed so many men and ships to the New World just to protect their rep (well and Canada too).
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Well its kinda hard to get across the channel,with that royal navy, so they must have had confidence moving the troops.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are we going through multiple history lessons at once? Okay, I am officially staying out of this thread until it changes topic. I don't like history.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

A jingoist post veered the course this thread was taking. As for history, I prefer ancient history.

sasuke510
sasuke510
16 posts
Peasant

Definitely agree on preferring ancient history. It happened so long ago nobody's feelings are hurt about it anymore, and you can just enjoy it for the story value.

Showing 3031-3045 of 9738