ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4719943
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
xKimchix
xKimchix
323 posts
Nomad

Ancient History made me fall asleep about 5 times per semester in history class. So boring...

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

No, I LOVE ancient history. You're boring.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Ancient History made me fall asleep about 5 times per semester in history class. So boring...

I know! History is the best! noob >_>
xKimchix
xKimchix
323 posts
Nomad

Pish posh. American History is the way to go. CAUSE I'M AMERICAN!
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

World History FTW.

Back to the thread topic, I don't see why everyone doesn't use the metric system. It's more simple and easier to use. This is why scientists use it.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

And they wonder why people often say that war is americas way of learning geography and other stereotypes.

This is why scientists use it.

I agree as people often struggle with the other.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I just feel like pointing out that being a procrastinator absolutely sucks!

Anyways back to your tedious discussion on measurement.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I don't see why everyone doesn't use the metric system. It's more simple and easier to use.

Measurement systems are like religions. People don't like to convert from units of measurement they've used their whole life to units of measurement that are foreign to them, even when the foreign one makes a whole lot more sense.
sasuke510
sasuke510
16 posts
Peasant

Metric system doesn't make more sense to someone who hasn't used it before--keeping in mind that making sense and being arranged sensibly are two different things.

Many countries don't switch because it would be a huge hassle and they're just fine on the one they're using.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Did we just off topic, then on topic? AGAIN?! This is very strange.

Measurement systems are like religions. People don't like to convert from units of measurement they've used their whole life to units of measurement that are foreign to them, even when the foreign one makes a whole lot more sense.

Nice metaphor, simile, thing.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Usage of like or as indicates a simile.

So yes that was a simile.

See what happens when you spend too much time at school -_-

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Whhat do you mean many countries? The only countries to have officially not switched are Liberia, Burma and the United States. Sure, other countries still use non-metric units but they are aiming for metrication. Metrication takes time.

Pish posh. American History is the way to go. CAUSE I'M AMERICAN!

American history is entertaining but I still prefer ancient history above all.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Back to the thread topic, I don't see why everyone doesn't use the metric system. It's more simple and easier to use. This is why scientists use it.

While the metric system is congruent in the different levels of measurement, the system that America and the other two countries use is more precise. While those that use the metric system uses XXXX liters, our system can just say X gallons.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

That doesn't necessarily mean that "gallons" are more precise. It find it rather pointless to use gallons, quarts, pints and fluid ounces when I can use litres and millilitres.

As for the actual number of digits, at most you have one more for litre numbers. Not much.

A US cup is 1/16 a gallon, a quart is 4 cups, 2 pints and 1/4 a gallon, a pint is 2 cups and 1/8 a gallon...

Ah forget it.

xKimchix
xKimchix
323 posts
Nomad

This is why the USA has alot of smarticle particles because we actually do MATH by sometimes muliplying and dividing instead of moving the decimal point.

Showing 3046-3060 of 9738