ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4725084
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

You don't have to. It is usually done if the current topic goes stale.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

My earliest known activity should be this page:

Other than that, popped up every now and then. The last couple topics I've been pretty active in.

So we are just now getting the tree up....it's this and then after Christmas that are the worst of times.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Posted Sep 23, '10 at 1:37am

Efan: off topic here but 211 PAGES!

My first post on this thread XD

off topic here but 441 PAGES!
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I was saving the capitals for much more important occasions that could eventuate... say 1000 pages.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I just noticed that this thread was created only a couple of weeks after I first started using the forums. Old thread is old. Not sure where my earliest activity in this one is, as I was primarily a WEPR haunt until a couple months ago and I CBA to look through the thread to find my first post.

As for christmas lights, I'm with strongbow. I love to go around town and look at all the houses that are decorated, however I'm a complete cheapskate and refuse to buy any for my own place. I'd rather put the money toward something far more selfish (and enjoyable) than an increased electric bill

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I'd rather put the money toward something far more selfish (and enjoyable) than an increased electric bill

I completely agree with you on that one Walker.

I love casting the burden upon others.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Eh, I don't really think of it as casting a burden. I just get enjoyment out of looking at the lights, not buying them, storing them, putting them up, and paying the electric bill. Fortunately there are those who DO enjoy these things so it works out well.

Oh, and I finally decided to look through this thread a bit and surprisingly my first post in here was on page 11! I was such a forum n00b back then... wow...

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Also many people feel that when they become a moderator or administrator that they need to withdraw from some of the more controversial debates in order to keep from alienating people and also to avoid saying anything that may be twisted to show bias of some form. I had to do this on several sites where I used to moderate and many of my friends complained that I was not as active or vocal as I was before, but these are a few of the reasons that some mods appear that way.

And look at you now...
What sites did you moderate?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I know this is slightly off-topic, but right now since the entirety of my christmas decorations was a fiber-optic mini tree that had to be returned because the revolving base started creaking...

I just noticed that this thread was created only a couple of weeks after I first started using the forums. Old thread is old. Not sure where my earliest activity in this one is, as I was primarily a WEPR haunt until a couple months ago and I CBA to look through the thread to find my first post.

Yeah, at first I think Cen pointed this thread out to me and said "I'm pretty sure this thread breaks a few rules" so I looked at it and was like "yeah it ttly would by definition as it's about a single user..." Then I took another look and realised that some of the board regulars had in fact gone way off topic. That's when I had one of my 'naughty' moments and decided to go with the flow instead of upholding the rules of the site as I properly should have done. I copped quite a bit of stiff criticism about it by the various forum white knights and minimods, but my only defence was the general principle "the thread's well controlled, it's all in good fun, and no harm is coming out of it so pull your head out of your butt." I note that other moderators have taken up the occasional habit of changing the thread title when appropriate, so it's all good :P
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

What sites did you moderate?

I was a moderator for the community sections of Tribal Wars and Civony/Evony, although only for a short time with Evony as I tired quickly of the game and the community. Tribal Wars I played on and off for nearly 5 years, and moderated for nearly 2 of those years.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Topic title changed as I'm interested. Evony!? Why MRWalker, I never knew. How'd you find yourself there in the first place? Was it the promise of some civilisation-based strategy gaming...

...or those completely irrelevant banner ads that read "Come play, my Lord!"? :P

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

The ads got me to make an account. I quit within 15 minutes. One of my friends irl played it for a few weeks. Apparently he enjoyed talking to people in America and he was like the best player evah.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I used to play Tribal Wars. I gave up for the third time two months ago. I keep finding myself a member of useless tribes which can't keep themselves together.

copped quite a bit of stiff criticism about it by the various forum white knights and minimods

Who? I knew I was enjoying the ride.

As for Evony, those ads are lulzy. My cousin tried to get me to play it but I couldn't be bothered.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

...or those completely irrelevant banner ads that read "Come play, my Lord!"? :P

Bodacious beauties = millions of players. No, it doesn't have to be a good game, you just need scantily-clad ladies with cute dresses and a sexy smile. Oh, and I could've sworn one handed me a beer. Maybe I just dreamed that.

So we are just now getting the tree up....it's this and then after Christmas that are the worst of times.

And a quick update, the tip of the tree is missing. THE TIP. of the tree. Is this not the most important part of the tree? The part where you put the star/angel/Jesus bobblehead on? So we have the Jesus bobblehead, but no tip of the tree! It's like a guy with no fingers or no head! It just doesn't work!
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Stupid banner ads *feminist rage building*

Oh, and I could've sworn one handed me a beer.
UNDERAGE DRINKING! Your reputation is now completely ruined, Freak. Completely ruined.

Okay, so, once my mom decided to make us decorate for Christmas. I was like: "Okay, whatever, we have some halloween lights in the garage. Let's roll." But no. We had to have actual Christmas decorations. A quick run to Home Depot later, we have some lights and decorations. Among these, we purchased a pair of light up, wire frame deer. A doe and a buck to be precise.

So there we were, my dad, my brother and me, setting up light-up deer in out front yard. Long story short, after some quick discussion, deer modification and setup, we left those glowing deer in our front yard, buck mounting the doe.

My mother was amused. It was pretty legit.
Showing 4396-4410 of 9738