ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4724538
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I never had a problem with the chemicals. It's just I don't really like swimming in public pools. One time I almost drowned and swallowed a whole bunch of that chlorine water and I was puking for about two hours. I went to the emergency room and got medicine for it then I was fine.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

I never liked to swim in public swimming pools. I prefer swimming in my swimming pool or a friend's one. I think the public ones are more dangerous, I don't know why.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

My only problem with public pools is that condition of the people in it, that's why I tend only to swim in larger pools, or early/late in the day. I would prefer my own pool.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

We have this awesome chemical that turns really blue when someone pees, so when there's a guy in our pool that's emanating a blue aura, we point and swim away XD

As for public swimming pools, well, I go in ones with less children inside.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

chemical that turns really blue when someone pees

The member/private pool where near my Grandparents live have that. It helps to point out who is defiling the pool. Then they'll get banned from swimming there.

I usually only swim over there in the spring and summer seasons. No one really uses the pool either. You have to be a member at the place that has the pool in order to use it. So most of the time it's empty and I'm free to just swim for hours and cool off in there.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

That sounds pretty awesome, I wish I had that kind of access, unfortunately we don't even have any of those clubs around my area.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I mostly swim in mine or at hotels. Public pools are too public for me.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I like hotel pools too. The hotels that I go to usually have some lights under water that you can turn on and they change colors. Like red, green and blue. Also some hotels have jacuzzis. Those are always great if you need to relax.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I always go to the pool late, because less people are there.

Another thing I hate about public pools is the kids their. Their are some teenagers who think their so cool, and then their are little kids that are annoying.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I'd have a bigger issue with the younger kids in pools. I'm a teen, but we don't really bother anyone, while little kids run around, scream, splash endlessly, etc. Now that I think about it, I think I might not have enough patience to be a father when i get older.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Kids will be kids, you know **** well that you did the exact same thing as a child. I tend to chill in the deep end, little kids usually can't make their way down there.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't have a problem with kids splashing. It's all good fun.
I just don't like over-crowded pools or people that urinate in the pool. If you do that then you will get HAMMERED.

But I like the deep end as well. Since most children can't get over there. And they're also scared that they'll drown if they go too far out. Some though are smart and wear floaties.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Agreed. You need to 'relieve' yourself, bathrooms exist for a reason, don't make other people swim in it.

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

Wouldn't the little kids relieving themselves in the pool make it more like you are actually at a lake or the ocean? I mean, where do you think the fish go?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

How many pools have you seen that are the size of a lake? Or an ocean for that mater?

Showing 5131-5145 of 9738