ForumsThe Tavern[old] How Do You Overcome Depression?

48 7555
jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

Because i'm allways depressed and none of my firends want can hang out for 3 weeks and i'm allways boerd. and also my bro hates me. please help.

• 48 Replies
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

That's not depression. That's being bored. You clearly haven't the slightest idea of depression.

Now, go ride your bike to a slushie stand. Get a slushie. Problem solved.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Listen to some music. Calm your spirit to calm yourself. Find a way of meditating that works for you.

Mate, there are always worser things in live than what you have. Atleast you live, atleast you have friends, and I'm sure your brother doesn't "hate" you. I can speak with you, but you'd probally prefer that private.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post, ninja'd

That's not depression. That's being bored. You clearly haven't the slightest idea of depression.

Now, go ride your bike to a slushie stand. Get a slushie. Problem solved.

Or he describes his problem wrongly
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

One symptom of depression is in a state of hurt. From this description, it doesn't sound like depression at all; it just sounds like you need something to do. If you are bored, work. Work for something you want, then when you get that something, use it. When you are bored of that, work for something else. Do not worry about your bro, do not worry about your "friends".

Also:

Go ride your bike to a slushie stand. Get a slushie. Problem solved.
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

wrongly

Lawl, that is so not a word. Wrong would do no need to ad th "ly"
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post but!
Here read this thread got some good suggestions in it. Other depression thread
Like jumping off a bridge and such.

jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

another thing is i allways want tokill myslef because of the life i have to put up with every day. if you were me you would want to die to. long story.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Don't die!
That is a permanent solution to a temporary problem...

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

That is a permanent solution to a temporary problem...

Oh come on. Some people have depression until the day they die. That's such BS.

However, there are better reasons not to kill yourself.

another thing is i allways want tokill myslef because of the life i have to put up with every day. if you were me you would want to die to. long story.

Lol, killing yourself? At your age? You haven't even experienced life's problems. Good luck with that.

Anyways, killing yourself is pointless. I've tried to kill myself, and failed. Mostly because I don't like pressure on my neck. And I love myself.

It's a bad idea. And for you, live life. Then kill yourself.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Oh come on. Some people have depression until the day they die. That's such BS.

I'm probably one of those people.

It's funny that people who have the actual problems can come up with solutions to overcome that problem, yet they can't overcome it themselves...
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

My first recommendation would be to see a psychiatrist. Find one that you feel comfortable talking to and be very open and honest with them. A psychiatrist is there to listen and help you identify what your problems may be. They do not prescribe medication so the approach is purely from analysis and understanding.

Obviously if there is a medical condition that exists then they may refer you to a psychologist who may determine that medication may be a treatment that will work for you. Again, you have to be very open and honest and it's critical that you only deal with a mental health professional that you can feel comfortable with.

To combat some of your depression on your own one of the most important things is to develop a daily routine. A lot of depression symptoms may arise out of boredom or a lack of stimulation. If you can develop a routine in your day it will help combat boredom as well as provide a variety of stimulation, keeping your mind off of the negative thoughts.

Picking up a new hobby can be a great help too. Find something new that you enjoy doing. Sometimes you may have to try a few things before you find something you like, but once you do stick with it. This works well with helping you develop a routine as well. At first set aside specific times of the day for trying new things, then when you find something you can allot time for that new activity.

T3hLemming
T3hLemming
195 posts
Nomad

Step 1: Don't worry.
Step 2: Be happy.

A slushie might help too.

IgnoreMe
IgnoreMe
184 posts
Nomad

That's not depression. Depression is a feeling of overwhelming sadness and hopelessness. I've been on that state many times (darn people!!). Because of the depression I sometimes think of suicide is better then living. I am not lying.

Read this. It explains better than I do.

I overcome the depression by just talking to people, listening to music, throwing tea to people(tea does calm people!). Stuff like that.

IAmAce
IAmAce
196 posts
Peasant

stop being such a panzie and suck it up you weenie

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Heres how, Take anti depressant, and when that makes you have anxiety problems take anti anxiety pills.

Showing 1-15 of 48