ForumsThe TavernShould Homework be banned?

275 48131
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I think Homework should be banned because we are home to enjoy time away from school and us students don't want to drag our school work home.

My parents don't like the idea of homework because they think that when students get home they should be able to relax not do more school work.

Do the users of AG agree that Homework should be banned??

I sure do agree!

• 275 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Absolutely not. Homework is essential to information retention. Also, if you ban homework at the middle and high school levels students will be far less prepared for college or careers.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

eh, i dont hate you MR but i strongly dislike you sometimes -.-

what he said, but that doesnt mean i like homework at all. only once last year did i actually homework at home

Samious
Samious
4 posts
Nomad

Homework is part of the school curriculum but I highly agree, it should be banned exept on them rare occasions when you don't understand the topic, to help you they should give homework but to those people who are really confident and knowlegable for that topic shouldn't recieve it as it is just a waste of time because the teacher already knows that your capable of that subject/topic!

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Homework is part of the school curriculum but I highly agree, it should be banned exept on them rare occasions when you don't understand the topic, to help you they should give homework but to those people who are really confident and knowlegable for that topic shouldn't recieve it as it is just a waste of time because the teacher already knows that your capable of that subject/topic!

Good idea. While we are going along with this I have a feeling you need to go over your English homework some more...
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

All these threads are pointless to contribute to :-(
MRWalker gets in with the answers I want to give half the time.... sigh

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

^ as i already said above, he's the smarticle who always gets the amazing answer before every1 elese O_o

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

lol, if it's english, then playing some roleplaying games will help a bit, but studying would be slightly more effective.

also, who the hell gives homework over winter break and summer vacation?

pmalan
pmalan
207 posts
Nomad

also, who the hell gives homework over winter break and summer vacation?

I know some schools that do this. It's an horrible method to waste the vacations of the students!
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

the whole point of these holidays is for students to relax more and not really do homework

Actually the point is for the educators to be able to catch up with the previous semester, review the upcoming classes syllabi, and make any recommendations for changes needed prior to the return to class.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

And don't forget squeezing in any major renovations to the school premises and ensuring that all the necessary equipment and lesson material is ready.

A holiday is a far busier times for schools than anyone seems to think.

freakymonkey
freakymonkey
290 posts
Nomad

it tests you on your knowledge and if your fast like me i get it done as fast as I can its not bad

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Ha, i wish homework was banned because we do enough work in school, no need to do more at home.

AircraftCarrier
AircraftCarrier
145 posts
Shepherd

I only agree to lessen homework in student's vacation, because nowadays I can't see the difference between vacation and schooldays in terms of student's workload.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Homework is a very good idea it terms of practising what you learned and see if you can do what the teacher theoreticaly explained. For example, homework often makes you spot the parts you did not understand even thought you thought you understood completely what was learned in class. But the idea that you do the same problems/questions (especially in mathematics) for weeks on end is stupid.

jack28
jack28
75 posts
Nomad

No i may sound like a nerd saying this but we need homework cause we will forget everything that afternoon when we get home so homework is like something you learned but a review

Showing 1-15 of 275