ForumsThe TavernShould Homework be banned?

275 48149
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I think Homework should be banned because we are home to enjoy time away from school and us students don't want to drag our school work home.

My parents don't like the idea of homework because they think that when students get home they should be able to relax not do more school work.

Do the users of AG agree that Homework should be banned??

I sure do agree!

• 275 Replies
Oblivior
Oblivior
786 posts
Nomad

Yes, I think it should be banned. When we go home from school it's supposed to be the time to relax, but instead, school comes to home with us.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

school comes to home with us

Education is not something you do for an allotted amount of time each weekday, to abandon when you come home.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Education is not something you do for an allotted amount of time each weekday, to abandon when you come home.

but i think the problem is if the kid is really learning anything,like math homework that's hard? screw it I'll use a calculator i done that a few times,or maybe research for a paper i don't feel like trolling the internets for something so I'll just go to wikipedia (non-trustable source)
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Research supports the notion that homework tends to lead to higher performance, thus my opinion is that it should not be banned.
Homework can help students develop and practice specific skills.

Repetitio est mater studiorum.

The problem with homework is that sometimes its quality is poor because of the teachers.
I believe, therefore, that teachers should have homework and assignments as well.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

but i think the problem is if the kid is really learning anything,like math homework that's hard? screw it I'll use a calculator i done that a few times,or maybe research for a paper i don't feel like trolling the internets for something so I'll just go to wikipedia (non-trustable source)

Well assuming you are being given reasonable work which is entirely in your capabilities, I believe there is no reason to complain. If you are merely lazy, then you yourself will suffer. As for using some easy shortcut to things (like a calculator), you should at least know how to do things the hard way. I'm sure you actually do stuff at school, but I have to say that simply breezing through work by copying from some other source won't teach you anything. If you don't feel like doing something, don't expect to benefit. Also, Wikipedia is a source which has a varying amount of reliability. Some of its content is accurate; some is plain useless. I find it as one of many sources from which I draw my information. And really, why would you troll for information? Wait, are you even using the word correctly?
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Well assuming you are being given reasonable work which is entirely in your capabilities, I believe there is no reason to complain. If you are merely lazy, then you yourself will suffer. As for using some easy shortcut to things (like a calculator), you should at least know how to do things the hard way. I'm sure you actually do stuff at school, but I have to say that simply breezing through work by copying from some other source won't teach you anything. If you don't feel like doing something, don't expect to benefit. Also, Wikipedia is a source which has a varying amount of reliability. Some of its content is accurate; some is plain useless. I find it as one of many sources from which I draw my information. And really, why would you troll for information? Wait, are you even using the word correctly?

yeah but half the time i know the cr@p were doing already so i just need to get by it faster so i have more time to do other stuff like drink monster or go on AG
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

That's good. If you know you should be able to do it fast enough but yeah. Wait, you want to finish your homeowork to sit back and drink an energy drink? Lawl.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

That's good. If you know you should be able to do it fast enough but yeah. Wait, you want to finish your homeowork to sit back and drink an energy drink? Lawl.

yeah haven't you ever tried one?

http://sidelionreport.com/files/2009/09/feels-good-head-0-292x300.png

lawl needed a reason to use that picture XD
Voyageur
Voyageur
79 posts
Nomad

I would say nope. I belive homework helps more than it hurts. By the way, how is it bad? It takes away only on average fourty-five minutes of your time each night. From my experience. It helps you learn, so you can go to college get a good job, and have a good life. Or if you don't do it, become homeless

djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

Homework is here because teachers have a huge lack of time management. They don't bother trying to get everything done in school time - just the excuse For saying "get it done before Friday".

djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

Or if you don't do it, become homeless

How does not doing homework end you up on the street?
Oblivior
Oblivior
786 posts
Nomad

Homework in the Philippines has been banned! Well, for Fridays at least. Oh well, better than nothing.

ZeroComp
ZeroComp
383 posts
Nomad

Homework does not need to be banned...It helps you somewhat "review" the lesson that you have learned and lets you go farther in say remembering useful things such as important functions in math and proper English for all around use in the world around you.

Voyageur
Voyageur
79 posts
Nomad

Homework in the Philippines has been banned! Well, for Fridays at least. Oh well, better than nothing.

Huzzah! But really, homework is essential to learning... :P
Protofai
Protofai
228 posts
Nomad

I think everyone realizes that you hate homework and all, but it really is a practicality it you want to further your learning.

Showing 136-150 of 275