ForumsThe TavernShould Homework be banned?

275 48148
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I think Homework should be banned because we are home to enjoy time away from school and us students don't want to drag our school work home.

My parents don't like the idea of homework because they think that when students get home they should be able to relax not do more school work.

Do the users of AG agree that Homework should be banned??

I sure do agree!

• 275 Replies
ImaFiringMyLazar
ImaFiringMyLazar
60 posts
Nomad

Yes, we do. Here's why. In school, we learn. We got learning in our brains. Now, we have homework also known as reviews of the lessons you learned. I mean, that seven hours of school. We need a break. So, I think HW needs to be banned.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

We need a break.

There's plenty of time for that.

We all study and review our lessons outside our school to keep ourselves refreshed. Same reason why we do occasional homework. It doesn't hurt to have homework.
ImaFiringMyLazar
ImaFiringMyLazar
60 posts
Nomad

We all study and review our lessons outside our school to keep ourselves refreshed. Same reason why we do occasional homework. It doesn't hurt to have homework.

Yeah, it doesn't hurt, but like I don't have time. We have learning in our brains

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

We do, and we need to at least do something to help retain that learning and keep ourselves familiarised with it.

Give me a good reason why you don't have time.

You quote failed by the way.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't want homework banned, that keeps my brain worked.
But I would tell my teachers too chill, and work together.

They could give me less homework per week and more homeworks at the breaks, like summer and so. I tend too forget stuff at those times.

hellbrokenloos
hellbrokenloos
142 posts
Nomad

deffenately baneed 100% for it dude

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Why?

Again, what YOU GUYS are getting for homework would be like a sign-in sheet for me. You can cry a river about the homework you get. You hear me crying, even though I do 5x more than highschool homework?

You have no idea how much it helps you when you do it, and how much it hurts you when you don't.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Why? You clearly need a bit more English homework, at least have a better reason than "I don't like it".

You have no idea how much it helps you when you do it, and how much it hurts you when you don't.

Depends though. Busywork doesn't help me at all other than teaching me that sometimes I have to do work for the sake of doing work. Generally though I agree.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Yes, sometimes I receive homework which is plain useless. Work just for the sake of it. Homework is good though, generally.

I don't like it isn't a good reason. We don't "like" many a thing. Some things are necessary, even though we may not prefer to do them. Not that homework is always needed.

shadowstep97
shadowstep97
14 posts
Nomad

I agree with Knight_34

yes, homework is a bore, it's time consuming, and stops children, from being children, yet, without homework, there would be a dramatic decrease in a child's intellect. Homework is primarily used to recap the days lesson, and so, without this, we would not remember a thing, therefore suffer a disadvantage in upcoming lessons...

TikTokToo1
TikTokToo1
95 posts
Nomad

I need homework to be prepared for upcoming quizzes, tests, ect.. As much as i dont like it, i need homework. :P

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Nah it helps cement things I learned and provides examples to discuss. Helps so I dont have to cram right before test as I already know most of it from homework. Busywork should be banned though.

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

not banned just lessened

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

banned, because one can never know if this is the actual students work!

MiaHere
MiaHere
5 posts
Nomad

I rather we have homework. Though homework can sometimes kill us, they bring about a brighter future with a larger scope of career aspects to venture into. But i think, if we would have to stress ourselves, or just complete the assignment for the sake of it, it defeats the purpose of homework itself.

Showing 121-135 of 275