ForumsThe TavernShould Homework be banned?

275 48147
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I think Homework should be banned because we are home to enjoy time away from school and us students don't want to drag our school work home.

My parents don't like the idea of homework because they think that when students get home they should be able to relax not do more school work.

Do the users of AG agree that Homework should be banned??

I sure do agree!

• 275 Replies
unstealthynoob
unstealthynoob
105 posts
Nomad

Why would you ban homework? I mean yeah it gets annoying when you have a lot of it, but that means either A. you don't understand the stuff, or B. Your really lazy and/or nerdy and play video games or watch tv.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

I don't see anything wrong with homework.

Rofegme
Rofegme
87 posts
Nomad

Homework in the Philippines has been banned! Well, for Fridays at least. Oh well, better than nothing.

I never knew that.. and I'm Filipino-American...
Homework shouldn't be banned.. you should be learning all the time, not just in school (but, obviously, you still learn without homework, but its good to be doing something officially or something.. hard to explain).
unstealthynoob
unstealthynoob
105 posts
Nomad

What lazy bum made this thread anyway?

Protofai
Protofai
228 posts
Nomad

What lazy bum made this thread anyway?

The only one who failed in your grade.
lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't really know about that. Homework does help you get all the things you review. I have to say no, don't ban homework, we still have free time anyways.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Homework in the Philippines has been banned! Well, for Fridays at least. Oh well, better than nothing.

I don't get that. Anyway, I used to live and go to school there so... Yes, I'm part Filipino.
Oblivior
Oblivior
786 posts
Nomad

They banned homework on Fridays because they figured that students should be spending the weekend bonding with they're families. Parents were the ones who started it even.

TacoNinja27
TacoNinja27
212 posts
Nomad

homework should be banned because:
1. it causes stress to most people
2. it kills trees
3. it's pointless

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Homework should not be banned.

Honestly, would you remember anything if you never reviewed or worked outside of class? Homework is the repetition/practice you need to drill concepts into your brain.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

2. it kills trees

Your point?
melimouse
melimouse
110 posts
Shepherd

Kids need to learn to study and analyze on their own, homework is also practice, how do you expect to do better if you don't practice. If you would like homework banned then I suggest adding 3-4 hours to the school day for independent study. That way, you're not at home, but you still get the practice. Honestly, that is probably what would happen if homework were "banned" so which do you prefer? We all had to go to school and do our homework, and guess what? We survived!

MRWalker82 is right, if you don't do homework now, how will you ever prepare for the large workload(most of it homework) in college? I'm graduating this year and I have NEVER had a college course where we actually did work in class(except labs) you have to do all the work at home and then the teacher just lectures and clarifies any questions you may have. Do you really want to set yourself up to fail?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I would have to say yes.
Will it ever happen? No.

Rofegme
Rofegme
87 posts
Nomad

[quote]2. it kills trees

Your point?
[/quote]

Paper kills trees... wait no. It kills trees in the process of making paper.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

homework should be banned because:
1. it causes stress to most people
2. it kills trees
3. it's pointless

Your points are flawed. Stress is something that cannot be avoided. One must deal with it. An excessively unbearable of work is unacceptable though. Also, homework doesn't kill trees. The felling of trees facilitates the production of paper which is a suitable medium for recording and keeping information. If we didn't have paper, we'd still have schoolwork. Clay tablets, wax tablets, animal skin?
Showing 151-165 of 275