ForumsThe TavernShould Homework be banned?

275 48144
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I think Homework should be banned because we are home to enjoy time away from school and us students don't want to drag our school work home.

My parents don't like the idea of homework because they think that when students get home they should be able to relax not do more school work.

Do the users of AG agree that Homework should be banned??

I sure do agree!

• 275 Replies
acepilot0
acepilot0
359 posts
Nomad

yes it SHOULD BE BANNED!! we spend 7 hours of hard work and labor in school and WAM they give us an extra HOUR or so to do WORK in your OWN HOME. its horrible! and if you dont have any time to do it, your grade goes down and you get yelled at and all that poop. we should have more time for fun at home instead of school then go home and more work. thank you, bye.

Hard work and labor in school? Are you serious? And only 7 hours on top of that. Most grown people work 8-9 hours a day at the minimum and still have work to bring home. If you complain now, then it just shows the kind of motivation you will have later on down the line.
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Well I won't lie; I don't enjoy homework, although I do think it's necessary.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

You have to learn to earn! So if you ever want to make money someday, do your homework. What would be the point in banning it? You would just do poorly on your tests or the school day would be made longer for you to do your "homework" at school.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i dont think it should be banned. sometimes hw really help for some students (i never do hw so not me XD) but i know many people that would be completely lost in the subject espacially math if they didnt have hw

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Of course it shouldn't be banned but they could at least try to make it a bit fun so it's not totally dull and boring

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

Homework shouldn't be banned because it is important to all of us to learn more things. The teachers should just give a lighter homework that we would enjoy doing it. They should give less homework too because we all have more important things to do too.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I think homework should not be banned because it is preparing you for a real life work load, same with school.

WolfWolf
WolfWolf
800 posts
Nomad

Homework shouldn't be banned. It's like a review of what you've learned for the day. I actually think homework is sorta fun. The only problem I have with it is sometimes teachers go overboard with homework and give you as much work as they can or they don't make it as challenging as it should be. Reading homework is too easy for me.

crazenird
crazenird
329 posts
Nomad

I dont think homework should be banned because u'll be dumber if u dont do homeworks......i dun does homeworks lawl

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

yes I do think it should be. Kids dont learn aswell whenthey bring it home and even if they do know what theyre doing they may be doing it wrong. Its hard to unlearn something and it makes the learning porcess more difficult. If they taught more head on then it would be better. Kids need to be taught and should be able to revieve help when they need it. Schools offer help over the internet, but getting math help over email is awfully difficult. If they explained more into depth in class then I think they could send homework home. But mostly they don't explain much and hand it out near the end of class, so that you have little time to ask questions on the questions you need help with. They should leave the last few minutes of class to let students few their homework and work on parts and ask questions before the class ends. That would help avoid future porblems and questions with the homework.

crazenird
crazenird
329 posts
Nomad

Kids need to be taught and should be able to revieve help when they need it

There's more to homework then finding out what you can do, its also about practising what you can do to make sure u dont forget it.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Eatmydust, I think that is more towards how the teacher him/herself is handling the class with homework, not the entire school system itself. Should homework in and of itself be banned? I think it shouldn't.

If you have nothing against you that will negatively affect you if you don't care about it, then what will push you towards learning the material? What is there besides homework that helps people learn and understand what is being taught? There isn't. If homework wouldn't mean anything, or if homework is banned, there isn't a thing that is helping children push towards a grade. They wouldn't keep working at any subject. They would have only the time in class or (if they really want to) after class for some extra help, instead of the assignment right there in the comfort of your home.

Kids just need to learn how to do homework.

Holden07
Holden07
9 posts
Nomad

yes it should be baned

Holden07
Holden07
9 posts
Nomad

i agree

eirwen
eirwen
172 posts
Nomad

Homework is essential for retaining information. Without you will not be prepared for University, and believe me, it will be a shock for you even if you are &quotrepared." Just because you think it's useless doesn't imply that it actually is

Showing 181-195 of 275