ForumsThe TavernShould Homework be banned?

275 48133
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I think Homework should be banned because we are home to enjoy time away from school and us students don't want to drag our school work home.

My parents don't like the idea of homework because they think that when students get home they should be able to relax not do more school work.

Do the users of AG agree that Homework should be banned??

I sure do agree!

• 275 Replies
bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
289 posts
Scribe

I don't think that homework should be banned, per say, but it's not okay when teachers give you, like, an hour of homework for each class. And if the teachers think that the intolerably large amount of homework they give is absolutely necessary for you to retain the stuff they taught you, then they are not doing a very good job of teaching it.

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,930 posts
Peasant

yes school stuff should be done in school teachers take YOUR time for THEIR stupid assignments

Yeah but you have to remember, every student has 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour, it is your choice on how you use that time, you could use it wisely and study or you could sit on the xbox and kill people. Sorry, I just had to do that, That was what my teacher would say in defense to the fact that all we did last class was talk about nothing that had to do with the civil war and that we watched the first few minutes of Saving Private Ryan cause it somehow tied in with the civil war but I really think he just wanted to see who could vomit. Instead of learn about the attack on Fort Sumter and we had to teach ourselves. Well that concludes mini-rant numero dos on my Social Studies teacher and his ability to be incompetent at teaching us. I will conclude my rant before I get carried away.
macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

I think that homework should be banned. As my friend's dad says "You're already at school doing work for eight hours of your day. You shouldn't have to come home and do more." Not that it really affects me anymore, since I started homeschooling last year. Depending on how you look at it, it's either all homework or no homework.

boshow
boshow
172 posts
Nomad

well of course... if you want to live in your moms basement for the rest of your life hacking into facebook accounts... then yes

gbnxc
gbnxc
190 posts
Nomad

yeah i agree we only have school for x amount of hours a day because we need time to do other stuff so we dont need hw to take up that time

iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

Homework kills trees, people need trees to live.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/VicePrincipal/00000000000000000.jpg

I think you can figure out what I'm going to say.

TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

My school believes that homework is pointless. And we never get any. The only time we do work at home is either because we didn't finish the stuff assigned at school OR studying for tests. Of course some people may need homework as maybe they can't process knowledge as good as most of the population depending on there region. I live in Canada, so our public school grade system is pretty good. Better then the U.S it seems. But they still have some smart kids there :P
P.S. I own that shirt It's a fun one to have. Sometimes if I have homework (schoolwork that was not finished) and my mom nags me. I put on the shirt and I tell her to look at meh shirt! LOOK AT THE SHIRT MOM >.< We get a good laugh.
But I still have to do it

jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

Ehm.. Sometimes Homework is fine, but other times it can be really annoying!
So i think it should be Banned!

- Jay

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Just because something's annoying or a hastle isn't a good reason to ban it. Paying taxes is annoying, but it's necessary.

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
517 posts
Nomad

Homework is good it helps you learn by letting you practice the skills you have learned. Even though you hate it in the end it will make it easier on you.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I did no homework or revison and got an 1A, 5Bs, 2Cs, 2Ds, 1E (The below C's were in art religion and woodwork)
So I think that homework should be banned it justs causes stress on people and makes them do worse in my opinion.

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

home work should no be baned (as much as i hate it) because teachers use it to have their studunts practice what they learn in class. if u are in elementry school where u dont have classes like u do in jr. high and high school i dont think it needs to be banned at all. i think that past elementry school home work should not be banned but maybe put back a lil, because lots of reports and studies claim that too much homework will cause students to get big headaches and stuff like that.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Yes, it should. WHy don't they just make school longer by a little and then leave us be?

Why would you want to spend two+ hours more in school rather than do some homework at home? Extending the school hours is just going to make everyone upset, it's not like it's that difficult to do homework. If you actually pay attention whilst in class you'll have problems with homework. From what I've seen in school, it's the lazy people that complain about homework.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I don't like homework but I still know it's needed and I don't think it should be banned. But often the people who need homework don't do it. And the people that don't need it do it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

you'll have problems with homework.

you'll have no problems with homework*

Sorry, I left out a word in my post.
Showing 226-240 of 275