ForumsProgramming Forum[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

161 112733
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Programs

Adobe Flash CS3 - Newest version of Flash and the first to be published by Adobe. This is the ONLY program that Armor Games supports for games on the website, unless you have another way to create an .swf file.
Cost: $699 (30-Day Free Trial Available roduct=flash">HERE)

Game Maker 7 - An extremely popular program that's used by many indy developers to create games. It's extremely easy to use, and is great for those of you starting out.
Cost: Free!

This topic is a work in progress and will be edited to include more programs at a later date. If you want to see a program added, or need help with game development, please leave me a comment of my userpage. Thank you.

• 161 Replies
pickle5
pickle5
99 posts
Nomad

nice a FREE way to make a game THANK YOU.

yaleslot
yaleslot
158 posts
Nomad

Flashgameplayer said:

but if armor games only execpts .swf if u were to use game maker 7 how would u get games on armor games?

Yes this is right , but there has been no help with it ,

ArmorGames only want Flash files and if you make a game with Game Maker 7 it isn't a flash file !

WE NEED MODERATORS HELP

Greetings,Yaleslot !
cannonarm250
cannonarm250
42 posts
Nomad

Game maker seven is fake the site is not real!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Government conspiracies? I'm on them!

l3gendarygamer
l3gendarygamer
2 posts
Nomad

http://www.engine001.com/
theres a link to another extremely easy rpg game maker

JoyLord
JoyLord
42 posts
Nomad

does anyone know a site, wher its free and you can start right away?

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

l3gendarygamer, that's a pretty good rpg maker.

NightfangII
NightfangII
47 posts
Nomad

RPG Maker is another RPG Game Maker that is free (if you are willing to guess what some fields are, and not use their help file). RPG Maker 2K and 2K3 are free if you can find the downlaod, as they were never translated, and RPG Maker XP is free if you find the PK version (fan translated).
Download here.

JoyLord
JoyLord
42 posts
Nomad

hey nightfang, is it free?

KyuKitsune
KyuKitsune
7 posts
Nomad

cool. i was thinking of making a flash game.

NightfangII
NightfangII
47 posts
Nomad

RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 are free. So is XP PK (I provided a download link). The officially translated XP (Enterbrain) costs ~$50, and the newest version of RPG Maker, which is XV, has no free translation and therefore would also be ~$50.

gangster4
gangster4
27 posts
Nomad

Nice man but it s hard to make but it rock's

jessman613
jessman613
12 posts
Nomad

I tried game maker i found it complicated.

frederikb35
frederikb35
1 posts
Nomad

try www.thegamecreators.com

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

that last one didn't really have much at all to do with flash games,as much as 3D games.Also if you want a median between free and $700 then try SwishMax2.It is a flash game maker that only costs $150.Just about all flash game creators have some basic things about them though that are similar,and this makes it easy to move over to a better flash program after you have been using one that is not as expensive for awhile.Just keep that in mind.

Showing 16-30 of 161