ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 70023
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

that's cuz you sometimes say things only hippies would say.

Objection; the line in question:

because no matter how long night might seem, the sun will always shine again, to a new life, a new beginning, and another chance in life.

Is a rather innocent line, it could have came straight out of a child's mouth. Or an optimist. Do you have a clear idea of what a hippy is?

Hippies:

Hippies sought to free themselves from societal restrictions, choose their own way, and find new meaning in life. One expression of hippie independence from societal norms was found in their standard of dress and grooming, which made hippies instantly recognizable to one another, and served as a visual symbol of their respect for individual rights. Through their appearance, hippies declared their willingness to question authority, and distanced themselves from the "straight" and "square" (i.e., conformist) segments of society.Personality traits and values hippies tend to be associated with are "altruism and mysticism, honesty, joy and nonviolence".

Whilst happiness or joy, no matter how LSD induced, features in Hippie culture, it is but one characteristic. Your analogy of Punisher to a hippy is rather stretched.

forced happiness is actually more stifling than the depression itself. not just to the "happy guy", but to people around him who knows he is faking it. sometimes it's better just to let all of your sorrow out by crying until your tears are replaced with blood (I don't recommend trying that). when you do, the pain of the world fades away when you regain your composure.

There are various ways to deal with things; ''forced happiness'' as Punisher does, or crying as you advocate, or by being a Stoic and accepting everything. To each his own.

Personally I don't think it's ''forced happiness'', but taking joy in the small things of life.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Is a rather innocent line, it could have came straight out of a child's mouth. Or an optimist. Do you have a clear idea of what a hippy is?

other than the fact that nobody can take a joke (I can understand why, you can't read expression) I think I will now need to add lol after each joke.

There are various ways to deal with things; ''forced happiness'' as Punisher does, or crying as you advocate, or by being a Stoic and accepting everything. To each his own.

each way has it's own merits that appeal to the sorrow-bearer.

Personally I don't think it's ''forced happiness'', but taking joy in the small things of life.

that's rather hard if the world is especially hard and cruel, but if you can find a way, then that is the best course of action.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

As I see it,
even if whole world is annihlated and i am the last person alive, i will not consider killing my self as long as I have things to do and by the time i runout of things to do. i will b too tired to kill my self.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

even if whole world is annihlated and i am the last person alive, i will not consider killing my self as long as I have things to do and by the time i runout of things to do. i will b too tired to kill my self.

if you were the last person alive, the infrastructure would crumble away before you could do anything. so you might as well turn into an animal, something mankind has been fighting for thousands of years.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

...no matter how LSD induced...

This...

forced happiness is actually more stifling than the depression itself. not just to the "happy guy", but to people around him who knows he is faking it.

Forced happiness is very visible, any idiot can tell the difference between a truly happy, and an actually depressed person.

(I can understand why, you can't read expression)

Chuck Norris can... Just sayin'

...crying until your tears are replaced with blood...

I'm sorry, but is that even possible?
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I'm sorry, but is that even possible?

there was one person on a medical documentary I saw where she occasionally cried blood, and nobody could figure out why. that's where I got the idea from.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Ahh life will b simple than.
I'll hunt to feed, live in a cave, forge tools out of stone. What a life that will b? I will not have to worry about police, or work or anything.Hell i would b able to pee on road and no one will b there to stop me

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

there was one person on a medical documentary I saw where she occasionally cried blood, and nobody could figure out why. that's where I got the idea from.

That must be a reall
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

That must be a reall

Uhm i'm sorry for the double post, I have no idea what just happened with the previous post o.o

I said ' That must be a really disgusting thing to watch'

if you were the last person alive, the infrastructure would crumble away before you could do anything.

That's why you should just do whatever the hell you wanted to do while everyone was still alive
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

other than the fact that nobody can take a joke (I can understand why, you can't read expression) I think I will now need to add lol after each joke.

It's the internet old chap, emotions never come out right.

if you were the last person alive, the infrastructure would crumble away before you could do anything. so you might as well turn into an animal, something mankind has been fighting for thousands of years.

Another correction: It would take at least a few years tops for the infrastructure to crumble totally.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I'll hunt to feed, live in a cave, forge tools out of stone. What a life that will b? I will not have to worry about police, or work or anything.Hell i would b able to pee on road and no one will b there to stop me

without the knowledge to do so, your mind will turn into a shell of what it once was. you will focus only on self-preservation, while the rest of your mind crumbles away. you will then become, for all intents and purposes, a beast. afterall, your life is only as meaningful as the people in it. no people, no life; no life, no mind.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Another correction: It would take at least a few years tops for the infrastructure to crumble totally.

And i will enjoy those few years by doing things like:-
running over a buggatti with a tank.
blowing up bridges.
Shooting every gun I could find.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

without the knowledge to do so, your mind will turn into a shell of what it once was. you will focus only on self-preservation, while the rest of your mind crumbles away. you will then become, for all intents and purposes, a beast. afterall, your life is only as meaningful as the people in it. no people, no life; no life, no mind.

I would think that years as a fully functioning human being thinking and interacting with his surroundings before being bereft of any human company would take a long time into turning one into a ''shell''.

One just has to look at the cases of Japanese holdouts, after decades of seclusion, many came out still mentally capable.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

And i will enjoy those few years by doing things like:-
running over a buggatti with a tank.
blowing up bridges.
Shooting every gun I could find.

lol, finding both a bugatti, and a tank in the same area would be pretty tough.

you also can't cross the ocean, so you are stuck on whatever landmass you live on. you also would never find enough fuel to drive across a continent alone.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

you also can't cross the ocean, so you are stuck on whatever landmass you live on. you also would never find enough fuel to drive across a continent alone.

Something called fueling stations. Or spare gas containers. Also something called a boat and compass.
Showing 331-345 of 362