ForumsThe TavernYour experiences with the paranormal

287 46479
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Some creepy things have happened in my house. I've seen shadows that look like people, but walk on there own. I once saw my grandma sitting on my little brother's bed on the anniversery of her death the morning I woke up (I didn't even know it until I told my mom and aunt and they told me). Some nights when I'm in my bed and everyone is sleeping, I will hear things moving downstairs. But it gets wierder! Sometimes I take my showers and I hear someone knocking on the bathroom door. I ask who's knocking and no one replies. I get out a few minutes later and nobody was upstairs. In 8th grade, I would be up doing homework until 12-1 A.M. Twice, I was doing my homework at my desk and the door slams on me! The first time open, the second time shut. And when I say slammed, I mean slammed. There were no windows open, no fans on, nobody was walking around or moving. Have you ever had any experiences of your own?

• 287 Replies
sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

this happened a couple of days ago. i got up to go to school at my normal time. 6:15 AM my alarm went off to wake me up. it did. but i couldnt move. it felt as if my hed was being pushed against the pillow very hard, i couldnt move it around at all, even when i tried. then while all this was happening, i started hearing voices, i couldnt understand them for they were just muffled and there were at least 10 of them. i tried screaming cause i was really scared. i couldnt scream. i tried like three times and finnally i did and it was over.

this is the scariest thing that has ever happend to me.
you can call me a liar but i swear on my life it happened

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

this happened a couple of days ago. i got up to go to school at my normal time. 6:15 AM my alarm went off to wake me up. it did. but i couldnt move. it felt as if my hed was being pushed against the pillow very hard, i couldnt move it around at all, even when i tried. then while all this was happening, i started hearing voices, i couldnt understand them for they were just muffled and there were at least 10 of them. i tried screaming cause i was really scared. i couldnt scream. i tried like three times and finnally i did and it was over.
this is the scariest thing that has ever happend to me.
you can call me a liar but i swear on my life it happened

I'm not sure about the voices, but the rest of what you said didn't paranormal. Someone posted about something like this once, I forget what it was called though. It has something to do with your body still thinking it's asleep or something like that. The voices could be your imagination...
pickleshack
pickleshack
356 posts
Nomad

My most recent experience with the &quotaranormal" was kind of nice. I was walking up to my front door with loads of heavy groceries in my hands, wondering how I was going to get the door open, and just as I reached the door it inexplicably opened. My wife was sitting in a chair 25 feet away from the door and my son was in the dining room getting into everything. She corroborated no one opened the door. Nor was it a windy day.

Nice folks living in my house.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

I bet you payed them to open the door. I know a few ghosts that would like a few hundred dollars just to open doors.

TheAKGuy
TheAKGuy
995 posts
Nomad

Well, I've had some paranormals, still though, most are described here... I have had a really dumb dream though. I was little, (like 4)
and I was sleeping, and then I dreamed about like the baby sitter in a conspiracy to do something (can't remember it all), but I found out and she shot me. I woke up just as the bullet went into my head.

aspen303o
aspen303o
6 posts
Nomad

In 2009 when I first moved where I live now I kept hearing strange noises and lights would turn themselves on and off one by one as I walked by. My sisters T.V would turn itself on and off. And now my big grey and white cat named Jinx gets spooked a lot. But I dont dont really care simply as I get a place to sleep and some food on the table I'm fine.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Was it in a creepy way like "Ghgt99...I will eat you because Ima ghost!" or was it just like she said your name?

It was like hello Joel, (my real name is Joel) and I just turned around and there she was!
vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

One time I saw my grandma (now passed) by my little brother's bed. I wasn't scared, but was more comforted almost. Ironically, one year previous is the day she had passed...

Yea i know! I started crying, but was happy that i had seen her! When i felt so lonely, she was there.. She stayed with me, untill i could survive on my own
thingthingjack
thingthingjack
43 posts
Nomad

i do not believe in ghosts and the paranormal. however, in the second house i lived in, i swear i heard my mom or my brother calling my name, only to find out they never did.

jroyster22
jroyster22
755 posts
Peasant

I dont know if all of these stories are true, however, some of them are pretty interesting!

vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

i do not believe in ghosts and the paranormal. however, in the second house i lived in, i swear i heard my mom or my brother calling my name, only to find out they never did.

I have that a lot too, i think that someone calls me, so i yell back "Yea what's wrong?" and my sister/mother is like "Why are you yelling?" "you called me!" "no, no one called you.."

But i don't think that that's really paranormal, more like something goes wrong in your brain for a second.. Don't know for sure ofcourse
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Yea i know! I started crying, but was happy that i had seen her! When i felt so lonely, she was there.. She stayed with me, untill i could survive on my own

Are you talking about your grandma or what?
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

There have been times that I have gone to the bathroom and as I walk in, the toilet suddenly starts running (the water). It just creeps me out when that happens.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I believe that the pranormal is utter crap invented by ghosts.

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Non existent.

And that goes for the rest of you, too. You're all jumping at wind and shadows.

Showing 136-150 of 287