ForumsThe TavernYour experiences with the paranormal

287 46470
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Some creepy things have happened in my house. I've seen shadows that look like people, but walk on there own. I once saw my grandma sitting on my little brother's bed on the anniversery of her death the morning I woke up (I didn't even know it until I told my mom and aunt and they told me). Some nights when I'm in my bed and everyone is sleeping, I will hear things moving downstairs. But it gets wierder! Sometimes I take my showers and I hear someone knocking on the bathroom door. I ask who's knocking and no one replies. I get out a few minutes later and nobody was upstairs. In 8th grade, I would be up doing homework until 12-1 A.M. Twice, I was doing my homework at my desk and the door slams on me! The first time open, the second time shut. And when I say slammed, I mean slammed. There were no windows open, no fans on, nobody was walking around or moving. Have you ever had any experiences of your own?

• 287 Replies
GunDragon
GunDragon
509 posts
Nomad

@crazyrussian97

Weird.I don't know how that can be explained.Well its called EMF really.EMF stands for electromagnetic fields.But how does that feeling you get pleasant.

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

But how does that feeling you get pleasant.
Like I said, its not painful but feels like a stretch. When you first get up in the morning it feels very good to stretch, eliminating the stiffness and giving a satisfying sensation.
GunDragon
GunDragon
509 posts
Nomad

@crazyrussian97

Well I'm stumped.But there is a chance that it could be one of the other many symptoms of EMF exposure.

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

could be one of the other many symptoms of EMF exposure.

Or I am completely insane and spend my nights running around with a dead cat attached to a broom shaft with peanut butter smeared over my right eye.
GunDragon
GunDragon
509 posts
Nomad

@crazyrussian97

Haha.Yeah that to or some other psychological thing we have yet to know about.Or the chance you spent most of your life banging your head on rocks.

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

Or the chance you spent most of your life banging your head on rocks.

On a more serious note, my other encounter with the paranormal would be when I watched Ju-On (Japanese version of the Grudge). After wacthing it I looked in my closet and it looked like the creepy demon-women was reaching for me, moving forwards. The illusion did not stop until I turned on the light.
GunDragon
GunDragon
509 posts
Nomad

@crazyrussian97

Whoa that's freaky.If that happened to me I'd get a 44. and shoot randomly till I turn the light on.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

[/quote]I only experienced deja vus.

[quote]I don't think that ever happened to me, but sometimes it feels like stuff I do is what I did before...

I seem to be getting deja vus quite a bit lately. It's so freaky because I'm like what the heck I remember this happening but where???

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Crap, sorry for this but the first two paragraphs in my last post are quotes and the bottom is mine. XD I've never been the greatest at quoting.

brandroid
brandroid
122 posts
Nomad

Just a few minutes ago my friends toy gun has a light with no batteries and it just lighted up! freaky

Milos
Milos
848 posts
Peasant

Just a few minutes ago my friends toy gun has a light with no batteries and it just lighted up!

This reminds me of what happens when you watch remote control diode through mobile phone camera while pressing buttons on the remote. Try it out.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I get déja-vus periodically, haven't had any in some time but when I get one I'm likely to get another soon. But there's really nothing paranormal to that (though I wasn't sure what to think of it at first, until someone told me), only the brain misinterpretating incoming informations.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Speaking of lights, yesterday morning I woke up at 3. My dad was on a business trip, my mom and brother were asleep, and I had just barely woken up. I looked over at my little brother, and that light above his bed was on...Usually, when I'm taking my showers at night, he will be reading some books or something and whenever I come back in, I tell him to turn the light off, or if he's asleep I'll be a nice big brother and shake him up to turn it off.
Anyways, he turned the light off, my mom came in later and said the light was off, yet at 3 in the morning it was on. This light had one of those knobs you really have to turn (not just a flip switch) and my mom didn't do it, it was impossible for my dad to do it because he was at least 600 miles away, and when I asked my brother he swore he didn't touch it.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

You know (since everyone is talking about Deja vus), once in a while I will think of something and then someone will say it...
A little off topic, but once I had a dream that someone (I'm pretty sure I didn't even know that person) was about to punch me and right before it happened my alarm went off.
Talk about ironic :P

grendel2112
grendel2112
15 posts
Nomad

I've had 2 personal experiences with this stuff. Both happened at my best friends house years ago, but I remember them vividly.
1st one - We were up really late typing up a paper, everyone else in the house was asleep. We both heard something say his name in a voice that was so high pitched it would be hard to imagine it not being digitized in some way. (I'm old so this was before digitizing was not available to the average person). Anyway, It said his voice and laughed in the same creepy voice. He looked at me and I looked at him and we both were pale. No need to ask him if he heard it. I could see it on his face.
The other time was an old school telephone, ( rotary base ) was not plugged into a wall started ringing. Rang 3 or four times then stopped. Too scared to move let alone think about answering it.

Showing 91-105 of 287