ForumsThe TavernEver have a "Useless Partner"?

72 11473
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

In engineering we have to build a bridge, and I got partnered up with the most useless a$$hole in the intire class...

I basicly do everything, and when he does help, he screws everything up.

You see, we have a limited amount materials, and when he messes up a single angle, that takes away from our materials and makes it impossible to redo anything...

Currently, our bridge looks like shit.

DX

Ok, rant post over...

I guess you can discuss Useless partners amoungest yourselves....

• 72 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Hahahahahaha.

Thank god this wasn't what I thought it was. But yeah my partners are nearly always useless leaving me with all the work.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Thank god this wasn't what I thought it was.

expel your conscious from thine body and rinse it with soap. repeat. repeat again. continue washing.

Well yeah in my so called 'PE' class we had a dance unit for 2 weeks, and yeah my partner wasn't too good so i got weighed down by that...
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Well, the other people in my classes are all "stupid" except for one or two people, so I usually have to do everything. When they try to help they make it a little be less A+ worthy so I would just have to do everything.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Ack, don't even get me started!
In most classes back when I was in elementary school, we were all split up into groups. And these groups were supposed to work together. Here's a sample of what most of our "group work" discussions consisted of. My real name has been replaced by Hyper.
Teammate #1: Hyper, do this work. I don't get it.
Teammate #2: Yeah, me neither.
Hyper: I can't just do the work for you, you guys.
Teammate #3: But Hyper, we're supposed to be working as a team!
Teammate #2: Yeah, you can't just do nothing!
Teammate #3: If you don't do this, I'm gonna tell the teacher!
Gawd. =(

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Yes. I hate it, because you do all the work, and when you stop giving them all the answers, they get mad and cry to the teacher.

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Jeez, Hyper, you got douchers in your school.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Jeez, Hyper, you got douchers in your school.

They've gotten a little better now that we're older.

Yes. I hate it, because you do all the work, and when you stop giving them all the answers, they get mad and cry to the teacher.

Precisely.

Also; I, too, thought something bad about this thread from the title. Anyone have brain-safe soap?
Lizzy123
Lizzy123
113 posts
Nomad

I remember in seventh grade we had to do a big project that lasted a week, and I was forced to be parterned up with someone I didn't like. She was absent for almost the entire week, and when she was at school she just talked to other people while I did everything.

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

I kinda thought I shoulda named it something different, lol.

Couldn't think of anything else though...

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

my bio partner right now is from the Philippines and dosn't speak much english. So i do everything myself as he works on his English as a second language work... its not his fault tho, If I was an illegal immigrant i wouldn't care about biology either...

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

To be honest, I don't think I could ever care about Biology...That's problely why I'm failing....

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

i care about all my grades. some more than others but never the less i try not to let any fall below a C and try hard to keep them Bs. A don't come easy for me.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

YES.

I'd like to call myself relatively smart. This is great when in classes like Spanish, we have to do a memorized oral presentation (not that oral... what's wrong with you...) in front of the class, and the other person doesn't know ANY of the vocab.

I prefer solo projects, to be honest.

suckeggs
suckeggs
35 posts
Nomad

yea there was this guy i had to do a research with and when the teachers were around he would pretend to do all the work... 3 days after the assignment was due he got this award... hate it when they do that

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

When I first read this i thought your meant a useless girl friend.
On a serious note, all I get stuck with is useless partners. I get it doesnt help if your one of the smartest in the school though..

Showing 1-15 of 72