ForumsThe TavernEver have a "Useless Partner"?

72 11474
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

In engineering we have to build a bridge, and I got partnered up with the most useless a$$hole in the intire class...

I basicly do everything, and when he does help, he screws everything up.

You see, we have a limited amount materials, and when he messes up a single angle, that takes away from our materials and makes it impossible to redo anything...

Currently, our bridge looks like shit.

DX

Ok, rant post over...

I guess you can discuss Useless partners amoungest yourselves....

• 72 Replies
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

Which is why I love some of my teachers. They actually pay attention to who is working or not, and people like myself who actually work get the credit, while the slackers get nothing.

You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

I am this useless partner....

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

I have a different problem...
When someone is less smart then me being Russian I automatically take over for the other person's work (me not=team player) The person never minds though...
I find it better when the useless person doesn't do anything that could squander or diminish the chance of my receiving an exceptionally average -A

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

This isn't exactly what I was expecting in this thread, I guess that's a good thing.

Yeah I'm a lot like that, I would rather do all the work than let someone screw with my A. It also depends on who I'm working with, some people I won't care others I'll purposely antagonize. I'm biased sue me.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Wow... you all need to participate in a public brain washing event....

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Wow... you all need to participate in a public brain washing event....

Yah...
Watch the screen...read my words...
You are feeling very sleepy...
You want to help the Soviet Union...
You want to kill Ronald Reagan...
You are being brainwashed...
xP
Just kidding. I know what you meant but I just had to make a joke about it.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Most of the time, I am the person whom the entire groups falls back on. The leader, the planner, blah blah. Generally I do not mind, as long as the others do what they can.

When it comes to useless partners, I'm wary of who I group myself with for schoolwork. I've had my share of completely useless partners, and I've had my share of telling people off for their laziness. Though in the end, I get the job done because I love my grades. I usually assume a leadership role and sometimes in the past I've been called bossy (not really these days).

I find it annoying when your groupmates don't bring the supplies they're supposed to bring. It drags everyone down..

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Sucks to be you guys. If any of my classmates were a "useless partner", they probably wouldn't graduate. Somehow everybody I know is actually pretty good at pulling their weight while at the same time complaining about how lazy they feel.

Even on AG, my "work partner" is amazingly reliable, if I didn't have them on board I'd probably be two years behind schedule instead of just one <_<

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

It's kind of detrimental to your standing in my college if you don't pull your own weight. Usually, it's because you do not know the material or do not feel like knowing it. In my bio and chem classes in college, those that do know what to do are paired in one group, and those that don't are in another, so that those that don't are spared the blessing of going with the flow. That don't cut it for Dr. Jackson, no sir.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

oh yea i hate when that happens because i'm a lazy guy. I need someone to put me on tracks so i can work. If i get partnered up with someone useless, i won't do much work and the work will be bad. Don't get me wrong, i am smart, just lazy I usually like to work alone on the fact that i can choose what i want to do

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Today, I was helping my friend do their homework and well, I just answered all the problems for him... I should really tell him how to do it by himself.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I used to have a ton of problems with partners in school slacking off, but due to a mutual scheduling conflict this year, me and one of my best friends - who is at least almost as intelligent as I am - are in every class together all year. Problem solved ^_^

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

i am smart, just lazy

I really despise the people who have the abilities, but are useless when their skills are needed. I'm somewhat lazy too, but when I need to get something done I almost always get it done. As for some other people, I don't really care if they ask for help/copy off me. They can fail of their own accord.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I really despise the people who have the abilities, but are useless when their skills are needed. I'm somewhat lazy too, but when I need to get something done I almost always get it done. As for some other people, I don't really care if they ask for help/copy off me. They can fail of their own accord.

Those are my thoughts, pretty much exactly.

I thought I was going to change my lazy work habits in grade 11, but no.

It's starting to bite me. LET THIS BE A LESSON, kids.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I understand the less bright people who can't really do much, but the people who can help but are too lazy to do so I am disgruntled with.

Showing 16-30 of 72